GDT: Game 6 | Leafs Vs Bruins | COME BACK CONTINUES - (and so does) WAKE UP EDITION | Thursday, May 2; 8 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 2-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Betting on the Leafs to win the series when they were down 3-1 would've been gutsy
I bet every penny I had in my OLG account on them to win before game 1, that's gutsy enough IMO. ;)

TBH honest, it wasn't gutsy, just a homer bet and I already decided I would bet whatever I had in that account on the Leafs a couple of months ago. And I've also decided if I happen to win, I am NOT letting it ride against Florida, I am not THAT much of a homer. :laugh::laugh:

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Betting on the Leafs to win the series when they were down 3-1 would've been gutsy
Hold my beer.

I bet every penny I had in my OLG account on them to win before game 1, that's gutsy enough IMO. ;)

TBH honest, it wasn't gutsy, just a homer bet and I already decided I would bet whatever I had in that account on the Leafs a couple of months ago. And I've also decided if I happen to win, I am NOT letting it ride against Florida, I am not THAT much of a homer. :laugh::laugh:
Yeah, I'm not betting on the Florida series. We'll see if Matthews and McMann come back, but even with them that will be a tough series.

Reactions: Punch Drunk Loov

Punch Drunk Loov

Gaaaaary Roberts!
Dec 6, 2011

I saw a wager to bet on the lead goal scorer when the series concludes and the favorites were:
1. Matthews
2. Pasta
3. Willy

I have no idea whose scored the most goals thus far. Is it Marchand?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Be nice to see a Jarnkrok actually contribute in the playoffs with a goal. That's what we need, he's done sweet f*** all his entire playoff career, help us win a game bruh.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Too many people believing in this team. They clearly benefit from having nothing to lose! Don't waiver now!

I totally think they're out tonight. Boston is just too good. No chance for the Leafs...

....is it working?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I saw a wager to bet on the lead goal scorer when the series concludes and the favorites were:
1. Matthews
2. Pasta
3. Willy

I have no idea whose scored the most goals thus far. Is it Marchand?
I dunno but I happened to see somewhere today that he has 8 points so it's not unlikely, put it that way.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Thing is this isn’t surprising in the slightest

In his career jarnkrok has never scored more than 2 goals in a playoff run, and he’s scored 0 5 times, currently on 6

Before this year I was like whatever he makes 2.1 and you don’t get more value than him, but I’m reconsidering that now. He should not be playing anything over 4th line come playoffs, he kills plays and does nothing. I’d look to deal him if only to make sure he doesn’t play come playoffs

Dude is Thomas Tatar levels bad
All he ever does when he has the puck in the offensive zone is spin around and whip the puck at the net.

Too many people believing in this team. They clearly benefit from having nothing to lose! Don't waiver now!

I totally think they're out tonight. Boston is just too good. No chance for the Leafs...

....is it working?
I fully expect a letdown tonight on home ice after that gutsy road win in game 5.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
4-1 loss. Boston takes it to the Leafs as a reaction for coming out so flat in game 5. The dream is over and we can finally move on to making long time coming changes to this dysfunctional hockey team

• Haha
Reactions: francis246

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Clifford going to jump down from the press box tonight and suplex Marchand.

download (2).png

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Let's pucking go boys! No Matthews again, play with your hearts like last game and we got this! Stop letting your barn get the best of you! SHOW UP AND PLAY A 200FT PUCKING GAME!!!!!!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Let's pucking go boys! No Matthews again, play with your hearts like last game and we got this! Stop letting your barn get the best of you! SHOW UP AND PLAY A 200FT PUCKING GAME!!!!!!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Attachments

• 17146803832401176381705644232857.jpg
    17146803832401176381705644232857.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: HamiltonNHL

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
4-1 loss. Boston takes it to the Leafs as a reaction for coming out so flat in game 5. The dream is over and we can finally move on to making long time coming changes to this dysfunctional hockey team
I don't get that vibe from this Boston club. I think Game 6 has as much potential to be a 2-1 win either way, OT or not.

I think Game 7 has the potential to be a battle of wills in which a push in the first couple of periods might be enough to seal the other club's fate per your Game 6 prediction.

But I remain stoic about either outcome. Admittedly, I'm as disengaged as I've ever been with the Leafs. It's akin to watching a third favourite team play, for those that have them.

And agreed, we need to make at least one fundamental change at the end of whatever distance we manage in these playoffs; Sheldon Keefe is not the coach to take this club to where it needs to go...and that's been my firm, atypical glass half-empty stance since (and I repeat) Salming's Night.

It might be the only substantial change we can look forward to. But we have to be just in our assessment and there's no more just move than to replace our coach (and all of the oft-repeated stats of post-regular season failure) with options that are proven championship options.

Especially Joel Quenneville.

And above all - and maybe I'm speaking for a number of us? - I just want the moves to be made to be those obvious, common sensical moves that leave zero doubt, and maybe even surprise, and from the same standpoint, brings a sense of calm and direction, the type of which I think got thrown to the wind when Tavares came to town.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
4-2 Leafs tonight.
Supposed to attend a dinner party for a friend on Saturday who just happens to be a Bruins fan.
Told him to drop off some leftovers if the Leafs win tonight because I won't be going. :D

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I dunno but I happened to see somewhere today that he has 8 points so it's not unlikely, put it that way.

Trent Frederic leads the series in goals with 3

Knies, Marchand, Debrusk and Pasta have 2

EDIT:

Federic, Debrusk, Marchand tied with lead with 3 goals each

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I would expect nothing less from you. I regret to inform that you will be incorrect. If you want to lay down a bet, go with Leafs in overtime.

Reactions: francis246

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020

Ya 10 bucks doesn’t go as far as it used to. Hahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad