Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1729395873325.png

Last edited:

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
While it's definitely not time to fire Monty i bet the thought has crossed Neely's mind watching the effort so far this season. The comfortable environment for the core players has to end. Every spot is earned and some fantastic players need to remember that.

Reactions: capecodder

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
There's a reason Leach is behind the bench and Monty yet to be extended
Not so sure Leach is ready for the job. This team should be much better, they need a guy who has been there, done that. I'm looking at Mike Sullivan but unfortunately he's not going anywhere.
Gerard Gallant? Not sure.
I want a guy who's won a Cup.
I'm leery of OJT guys.
This team has too much invested to be this poorly coached.

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
Need to swap from a lazy rotate high and distance shoot top 9 to a crash pass shoot offense like the 2006-2010 teams. Nobody on the top 9 is consistently going to the net / just a bunch of weak cross crease glides and pray. They have the ingredients, just need to adjust the recipe. Enough skill and size. Just need to play meaner.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Need to swap from a lazy rotate high and distance shoot top 9 to a crash pass shoot offense like the 2006-2010 teams. Nobody on the top 9 is consistently going to the net / just a bunch of weak cross crease glides and pray. They have the ingredients, just need to adjust the recipe. Enough skill and size. Just need to play meaner.
I've noticed that and I think that's what's bugs me the most. No shot follow up, just one wide or weak shot and they turn around or go for a change.

Reactions: bb74 and Gordoff

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I am actually a little bit confused. This is what I would have expected from this team last year when they lost bergeron and Krejci as their centre's. I fully expected this team to be better than last year.But so far it's not even in the same ballpark.
They haven’t figured out that the season has started and it’s ok to hit.

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
this team isn’t going to get many goals that wow you.
Gonna be a lot of garbage goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad