GDT: Game 6: Dallas @ Columbus, 7 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Watching Tex on the shortie attempt, I can only conclude once having controlled the puck on his stick that it was a harder to miss than to make that shot. :naughty:

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Every time we play a team that SHOUTS. during part of the National Anthem (such as Dallas fans yelling/emphasizing “STARS” 2x) I wonder why crap like that isn’t considered disrespectful, but kneeling is.

It just confuses me. Same when drunks yell “GO JACKETS” when Leo takes a breath mid anthem.

Just irks me.

Racism is the short answer.

I am somebody who has never been overly “patriotic” or a huge fan of the national anthem before sporting events. At the same time, I don’t think the actual soldiers and veterans (not so much “the military”) are given enough daily (physical and emotional) support from society on a daily basis, during times not near Veterans Day or Memorial Day.

While I personally (and many others) don’t necessarily embrace the relationship between the national anthem and all the loss of life during the wars, some or most DO, and this IS the expressed reason for why it is done.

The problem with comparing these 2 different actions is the complete opposite amount of intent behind both. 1 is literally a heat of the moment “joke” with zero meaning or “ill will” behind it.

The other action is to literally degrade, dismiss or turn their back on the 1 thing that gives WHOEVER IT IS that is kneeling, the opportunity that they have to make such a “statement” (and many times millions of dollars) in a public space, simply because they are good at a sport, game, or other physical action.

Gang members kill other gang members, much more than the police kills gang members.

imo

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I am somebody who has never been overly “patriotic” or a huge fan of the national anthem before sporting events. At the same time, I don’t think the actual soldiers and veterans (not so much “the military”) are given enough daily (physical and emotional) support from society on a daily basis, during times not near Veterans Day or Memorial Day.

While I personally (and many others) don’t necessarily embrace the relationship between the national anthem and all the loss of life during the wars, some or most DO, and this IS the expressed reason for why it is done.

The problem with comparing these 2 different actions is the complete opposite amount of intent behind both. 1 is literally a heat of the moment “joke” with zero meaning or “ill will” behind it.

The other action is to literally degrade, dismiss or turn their back on the 1 thing that gives WHOEVER IT IS that is kneeling, the opportunity that they have to make such a “statement” (and many times millions of dollars) in a public space, simply because they are good at a sport, game, or other physical action.

Gang members kill other gang members, much more than the police kills gang members.

imo

Literally? Wrong + whataboutism, not a strong showing on this one bus.

Reactions: Derby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad