Pre-Game Talk: GAME 6 9:08 PM - THE BEAR swims in the Great Salt Lake - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1729320111494.png

1729320287395.png

1729320018193.png

1729320612123.png

1729320669843.png

1729320494772.png

Tonight's Officials

1729321111806.png
1729321195032.png

Referees Ghislain Hebert (22), Corey Syvret (23)
Linespersons Devin Berg (87), Dan Kelly (98)

TONIGHT’S GAME- The Bruins visit the Utah HC tonight in the first of two games between these teams and the first game ever to play in Utah... The Bruins are 3-2-0 overall this season with a 1-1-0 mark on the road.- The Bruins play game two tonight of a three-game road trip (1-0-0) as they continue at Utah ... They will conclude the trip atNashville on Oct. 22 and will then return to Boston to host Dallas on Oct. 24
MILESTONES APPROACHING- David Pastnak is two assists short of his 400th NHL assist.- Pavel Zacha is three points shy of his 300th NHL point.- Trent Frederic is five points short of his 100th NHL point.

INJURIES- Alec Regula is an Injured Non-Roster designee.

BOSTON vs. UTAH, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Utah HC are meeting for the first time in their histories.- The Bruins playing the 38th different franchise in team history.

:bruins:utah

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
First game ever in Utah. With the PK struggling, it's best to stay out of the box; Stockton and Malone are notorious floppers. ;)

Some old foes playing for Utah, Stenlund and Sergachev.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

KEARNS, Utah — It’s a practice facility like no other in the NHL.

Tucked in the middle of the Utah Olympic Oval, where speed skating and figure skating normally rule, is a sheet reserved for the hockey guys.

It’s the temporary home for Utah Hockey Club, which hopes to have a permanent practice home about 20 minutes south of Salt Lake City by the end of 2025.

“I think when I walked in the first time [after the franchise relocated from Arizona] we didn’t have that rink, so it was for sure you’re looking at it and I didn’t know any better, so I was kind of like, ‘Oh my God, OK, there’s a lot of work to do,’ " Utah coach Andre “The Bear” Tourigny said Friday afternoon following his team’s practice and just before the Bruins took the ice. “And when I came back in September and walk in, I say, ‘OK, that’s really good for a setup that will be there for only one year. I think that’s impressive.’ "

With a backdrop of Olympic rings and plaques noting the numerous speed skating records set at the facility, the Bruins practiced as dueling Zambonis cleaned the track that encircled them.

“I would love to do a lap, but I don’t think we’re allowed to,” said Trent Frederic, who did a mini-Eric Heiden impersonation for a few strides. “It’s cool. I’ve been to a similar one in Milwaukee, but this is really cool. I think there should be more like this. It’s kind of smart, I think.”

Tourigny said he will sometimes use the oval surface when nobody is training.

“We do for rehab skating and for some skill work as well,” he said. “Last year we used to have two sheets, so we try to use a little bit of the fast track and the short track to work on some skills and stuff.”

The overhaul of the facility included building a new locker room for the home team along with the requisite training and therapy rooms.

“The facility is awesome. I was surprised, I thought my voice wouldn’t carry just because there’s so much openness, but it was no problem, the players could hear me. So, practice ran smoothly, and the ice was good,” said Bruins coach Jim Montgomery, who noted he has no speed skating experience. “I asked [Brad Marchand] if wanted to lengthen his stride and do a couple of laps.”

About the only drawback is the makeshift visiting locker room is located in the basement, forcing the Bruins to navigate a couple flights of stairs in full gear.

“It’s a very unique facility, A bit of a weird setup to have a practice rink, but it’s always cool to see something different and have the different sports people to train and kind of interact with. It’s pretty impressive to see,” said Marchand, noting he hasn’t walked up stairs to practice since a youth hockey tournament in Prince Edward Island.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Last game we had an excellent group posting!

For a late game there were quite a few of us.

It was one of the most fun GDTs in a while! No fights between posters!

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
View attachment 918459
View attachment 918461
View attachment 918458

View attachment 918464
View attachment 918465
View attachment 918463

Tonight's Officials

View attachment 918466View attachment 918467

TONIGHT’S GAME- The Bruins visit the Utah HC tonight in the first of two games between these teams and the first game ever to play in Utah... The Bruins are 3-2-0 overall this season with a 1-1-0 mark on the road.- The Bruins play game two tonight of a three-game road trip (1-0-0) as they continue at Utah ... They will conclude the trip atNashville on Oct. 22 and will then return to Boston to host Dallas on Oct. 24
MILESTONES APPROACHING- David Pastnak is two assists short of his 400th NHL assist.- Pavel Zacha is three points shy of his 300th NHL point.- Trent Frederic is five points short of his 100th NHL point.

BOSTON vs. UTAH, LIFETIME SERIES- The Bruins and Utah HC are meeting for the first time in their histories.- The Bruins playing the 38th different franchise in team history.

View attachment 918459
View attachment 918461
View attachment 918458

View attachment 918464
View attachment 918465
View attachment 918463

Tonight's Officials

View attachment 918466View attachment 918467

Fenway, thank you for the posts. Never going to be enough thanks to you for all the information you provide us fans, NEVER enough thanks to you.

Have a nice day.

Go Devils

Reactions: hrdpuk and Ladyfan

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Well I finally made it to my winter rental at the Atlantic Ocean, two blocks from the sandy beach looking out at Portugal. I am loving Ocean Grove NJ 07756.look it up on a map 44 Central Avenue.

As I settle in today, I am preparing for the Bruins to finally get all lines playing well together along with the defense coordinating with the offense, and our goalie getting his confidence back with timing. All this means is the Bruins will kick arse against Utah. Later

Go Bruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad