GDT: Game 58: Coytoes @ Blackhawks - 6:30PM - NBCSN

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
What is Tippett trying to prove by juggling his forward lines? Pretty easy to see that defense and goaltending is the problem...

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Does the rebuild counter reset when they're sold again and relocated? Poor Nord's fans will be in the fourth first year of a rebuild...

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
They're almost as stupid as Dave Tippett and about half as stupid as his acolytes.

It's funny... the thing that JR argued about in the pre-game (inquiring about Domi) actually turned into a battle between he and the other analyst (I think it is Kevin Weekes?) regarding Domi's usage.

Outside of the absurdity of JR's statement about talking trade for Domi, his arguments were very much like those of the anti-Tippett crowd. Meaning blatant disregard for the idea that some players have struggled, Domi included. That was the only argument that JR could utter over and over again - "Why is Domi on this line?" So, maybe trying some change to the lines could be used to find chemistry, and even as a motivation for players to correct some things. The other analyst brought up these points, and also stated that since Domi had a dad who played the game, and was around this, he has the make-up to use a "demotion" in the proper way.

We all want to win and make it back to the playoffs. Let's improve what we need to improve and as we see some consistency and improved play as individuals and team, that will produce the winning.

NBC announcers just said this year 2 of the rebuild.

Thoughts?:popcorn:

Two years is right. We sold off Yandle two years ago. I call that the official process of the rebuild starting.

Last edited:

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
29th place team improves to 29th, people continue to ignore glaring problems. Same old story.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
It's funny... the thing that JR argued about in the pre-game (inquiring about Domi) actually turned into a battle between he and the other analyst (I think it is Kevin Weekes?) regarding Domi's usage.

Outside of the absurdity of JR's statement about talking trade for Domi, his arguments were very much like those of the anti-Tippett crowd. Meaning blatant disregard for the idea that some players have struggled, Domi included. That was the only argument that JR could utter over and over again - "Why is Domi on this line?" So, maybe trying some change to the lines could be used to find chemistry, and even as a motivation for players to correct some things. The other analyst brought up these points, and also stated that since Domi had a dad who played the game, and was around this, he has the make-up to use a "demotion" in the proper way.

Didn't see the segment, and I didn't pay close attention to the lines during the game. But Domi was listed on a line with Hanzal and Vrbata, which is our first line. Who else would JR want him playing with? Perl,Dvo, and Doan have been doing well lately, don't wanna break that up....

And since getting his legs back after returning from injury he has only had one game with low minutes, but that was in a game we won 5-0. JR is dumb.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Didn't see the segment, and I didn't pay close attention to the lines during the game. But Domi was listed on a line with Hanzal and Vrbata, which is our first line. Who else would JR want him playing with? Perl,Dvo, and Doan have been doing well lately, don't wanna break that up....

And since getting his legs back after returning from injury he has only had one game with low minutes, but that was in a game we won 5-0. JR is dumb.

JR was being dumb - he was using a hypothetical "Domi is not playing with Hanzal and Vrbata tonight" - which was true, I saw Rieder out with Hanzal and Vrbata often - to try and make a case for trading for Domi. Basically stirring a made up idea about Domi being unhappy...

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Jacob Chychrun is an absolute stud. For your guys sake I hope Tippet doesn't jerk him around. He looked great tonight in my opinion. Tough in the corners. Skates great, solid first pass. Was very impressed

cobra427

May 6, 2012
29th place team improves to 29th, people continue to ignore glaring problems. Same old story.

We outshot the Hawks 37-29, who would have predicted that? Crow was much better than smith tonight, that was mostly the story. We are improving, have better zone entries and exits, are generating more chances. Our PP needs help. Nothing to complain about tonight other than Smith, but he has been our best player.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Tony D was not good tonight.

DT is an absolute ass-hat for trying to change the lines around.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Tony D was not good tonight.

Yeah. When the Stone trade broke I initially thought it was a Wood to AZ move coming. I don't think DeAngelo had even been all that great in Tucson since his suspension/demotion. He didn't look very good in the one game in Glendale I saw for sure.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Jacob Chychrun is an absolute stud. For your guys sake I hope Tippet doesn't jerk him around. He looked great tonight in my opinion. Tough in the corners. Skates great, solid first pass. Was very impressed

Thanks, obviously I agree. Schmaltz looked great, he went right around Chychrun in the first, that doesn't happen often.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Bye the way I don't mind losing this way at all. Sure as hell beats whatever the **** that was in December.

I only say bits and pieces of the game, and while Smith did not look that good, I enjoyed the game. I really don't care about wins or loses this year, rather how the kids progress.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

We all want to win and make it back to the playoffs. Let's improve what we need to improve and as we see some consistency and improved play as individuals and team, that will produce the winning.

Two years is right. We sold off Yandle two years ago. I call that the official process of the rebuild starting.

Good post.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
We outshot the Hawks 37-29, who would have predicted that? Crow was much better than smith tonight, that was mostly the story. We are improving, have better zone entries and exits, are generating more chances. Our PP needs help. Nothing to complain about tonight other than Smith, but he has been our best player.

Like I stated earlier, I only saw bits and pieces, but I quite enjoyed the pace of the game. You can just see the kids getting more and more confidence. Perlini and DeAngelo looked a bit off, but the is to be expected from time to time.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Smith gives up 6 goals. Must be that bad ice because he's living up to that contract.:sarcasm:

We certainly didn't help on some of them. The first goal was simply a great play all around on a 2 on 1. First goal by Kane was definitely on Smith. Wasn't ready while Chicago was on aggressive forecheck. Kane's 2nd, there was little Smith could do. Had to keep his eye on Kane and the trailer both. Two bad goals from transition, which has been an area that we struggle with.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Smith gives up 6 goals. Must be that bad ice because he's living up to that contract.:sarcasm:

Smith is our MVP this year and it's not even close.

The fact he nearly has a winning record with this squad is incredible. Take the goalies who have played as much as Smith and look at their save percentage beside his and it's a very short list.

On another note, when was the last time we won in Chicago? Feels like it's never a good night there for us.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
NBC announcers just said this year 2 of the rebuild.

Thoughts?:popcorn:

Meh, the NBC announcers spent 90% of their time talking about the Hawks and threw that stuff ( and the Domi stuff) in just because they had to say something about the Coyotes.

As to the game, what's to say? We got blown out by superior talent and an off night for our goalie.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Smith is our MVP this year and it's not even close.

The fact he nearly has a winning record with this squad is incredible. Take the goalies who have played as much as Smith and look at their save percentage beside his and it's a very short list.

On another note, when was the last time we won in Chicago? Feels like it's never a good night there for us.

Yeah I think Smith is the least of the problems. He looked shaky last night but ALL goalies have rough games from time to time.

I call bunk on the Domi stuff though Chayka did say everyone is tradeable (no duh). A struggling franchise probably wont trade a young, talented, charismatic player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad