GDT: Game #57 - New York Rangers vs Winnipeg Jets - 7pm EST, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Dude who the f*** cares? I’ll never understand the obsession with other teams. Are you worried about home ice? Well guess what it’s irrelevant. The Canes had home ice against us and were a insanely good home team and we still beat them in their barn for game 7.

So much f***ing whining. No one cares about the devils lol.

Not only that, but even home-ice advantage for the Devils against the Rangers would still favor the Rangers.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
Vally just said it. Has to play his way out of it. No breaks. No more rest. Needs to play slot of games right now. Too many stops and starts for him. Needs to Play and play and play
he's right. He shits the bed with no shots. Imagine less games?

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
That was not good. Igor was garbage. Kid line really weak. Other than Laffy they played soft, timid all night.

But honestly, I didn't like how we responded to the Jets' physicality. Kreider flying by the net instead of stopping there on numerous occasions. Lots of shots coming from the outside, no rebounds, no screen shots. Not a lot of greasiness. Giving up too much space in the middle of our own zone.

Maybe we were too tired coming off the road trip. But we got muscled to the outside for much of the night.

We seem to have a hard time slowing down speedy teams (NJD, EDM). And often we have a hard time getting inside on big, physical teams (BOS, WPG). And unlike last season, Igor isn't stealing anything for us right now.

I'm not sure where that leaves us...?

I'm not nearly as confident in this group as I should be.

Slaydagnar

Oct 18, 2015
Vero Beach, FL
That was not good. Igor was garbage. Kid line really weak. Other than Laffy they played soft, timid all night.

But honestly, I didn't like how we responded to the Jets' physicality. Kreider flying by the net instead of stopping there on numerous occasions. Lots of shots coming from the outside, no rebounds, no screen shots. Not a lot of greasiness. Giving up too much space in the middle of our own zone.

Maybe we were likely too tired coming off the road trip, but even though the team got a ton of shots we got kinda muscled to the outside for much of the night.

We seem to have a hard time slowing down speedy teams (NJD, EDM). And often we have a hard time getting inside on big, physical teams (BOS, WPG). And unlike last season, Igor isn't stealing anything for us right now.

Laffy was a -3

• Wow
Reactions: gabevh3

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008

Maybe we were too tired coming off the road trip. But we got muscled to the outside for much of the night.

Exact word I was thinking 5 minutes ago

laffy was the least of the issues on that line. (tonight)
Imo, Kakko looked worse.

Reactions: gravey9

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Seeing as how they manhandled Calgary a few weeks ago (who is easily heavier than both of the teams you mentioned) I would say that is false.

They also handled Minnesota, who might be the heaviest team in the league. Boston isn't really big and physical either, that seems to be a meme at this point that hasn't died in the decade that has passed since they actually fit that bill.

They had 51 shots on goal, how ever they responded to the Jets physicality it resulted in them controlling most of the game and putting forth one of their better efforts of the season. Sucks that they lost because their goalie stole it for them while the Ranger goalie was less than good. But lets not get it twisted, this was actually one of their best games of the season, results aside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad