Post-Game Talk: GAME #57: Canucks 0 @ Penguins 4 Bo-less and Bae-less

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Jayson Megna ladies and gentlemen. 1/11 in the faceoff circle. :laugh:

Gaunce 55% in the dot, as many hits as the rest of the forwards combined and had as many shots on goal as anyone.

But absolutely zero potential. No reason to ever give him a chance.

And not that it matters or that any of the game is in any way his fault, but so funny that of course Miller let in that fourth goal...can't seem to ever stop at 3. :laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Predictable result....but what's disappointing is that the Sedin line probably was the worst on the night, and they're the only trio he left together....in fact it's getting to the point where some games on the road, they need to think about splitting them up.....they're just becoming such a huge liability defensively.

And where were the rest of the veterans?.....Hansen played like he knows he's being traded....and Eriksson...did he even play?.....Burrows a factor again, but only enhancing his trade value.

And can anyone explain why Willie doesn't move Granlund into the middle on another line, instead of Mega...lol...on the penalty kill in the last minute of the first period, Megna is out there taking a draw against Malkin....was Willie trying to get scored on?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Gaunce 55% in the dot, as many hits as the rest of the forwards combined and had as many shots on goal as anyone.

But absolutely zero potential. No reason to ever give him a chance.

Brilliant move by Benning and WD to send him to the AHL. He totally reinvented his game.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Predictable result....but what's disappointing is that the Sedin line probably was the worst on the night, and they're the only trio he left together....in fact it's getting to the point where some games on the road, they need to think about splitting them up.....they're just becoming such a huge liability defensively.

And where were the rest of the veterans?.....Hansen played like he knows he's being traded....and Eriksson...did he even play?.....Burrows a factor again, but only enhancing his trade value.

And can anyone explain why Willie doesn't move Granlund into the middle on another line, instead of Mega...lol...on the penalty kill in the last minute of the first period, Megna is out there taking a draw against Malkin....was Willie trying to get scored on?

Does it really matter anymore?

God awful hockey. :shakehead

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I think everyone in the organization honestly believed the Sedins to continue leading the way through the duration of their contract. But that's not going to happen. They're done. Hopefully the organization realizes this and comes to the conclusion that their aspirations are, likewise, done.

Just blow it up.

To expect the Sedins to continue to be what they were is a further indictment on Management's "plan".

Get a competent manager in here. Someone that can make underrated moves and accrue real depth. This is a Cap team. Is there a worse value team in the NHL?

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Tkachuk Horvat Nylander
Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Vs.

Sedin Sedin Hansen
Baertschi Horvat Eriksson

Bonham

Nov 24, 2008
Victoria, BC
Thats a little drastic. They're second liners at this point... I still want to see the sign a 1 year sweetheart deal and have them on the 3rd line for 1M each.

What's the point? It's not like the Canuck's have anyone to play above them anyways.

I'd rather see them sheltered on a second line somewhere with a chance to compete for the cup.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Thats a little drastic. They're second liners at this point... I still want to see the sign a 1 year sweetheart deal and have them on the 3rd line for 1M each.

The thing is they're just barely 2nd liners offensively and they don't provide anything else. They're putrid defensively and they're certainly not making the PP go. I hate to say it but they really don't provide much out there in any situation. They're still among our scoring leaders because A) they had their customary decent start to the season when they still have it, and B) the rest of the team sucks.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
What's the point? It's not like the Canuck's have anyone to play above them anyways.

I'd rather see them sheltered on a second line somewhere with a chance to compete for the cup.

I doubt even a Cup contending team would get that much use out of them. If they're this easily checked NOW, during the dog days of the 2nd half of the regular season, they don't have a prayer of doing anything in the playoffs.

I don't know. If I'm a playoff team, I'm absolutely not wasting assets on these players. Let them just finish out their contract here in Vancouver and retire.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
That was a grreat game..

4007de1387c78dae335cb74d02ebce8b56660aa0777d12b8a75208b3e75b479d.jpg

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
They are not really very good second line players most of the time. I have had enough of them too - perhaps some of this is on the coach who continues to deploy them like 1st line players.

I suspect the coach has a large effect here.
Not that we have any players outside bo to take any kind of 1st line minutes. But the sedins should probably be time and offensive zone managed better.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
They are not really very good second line players most of the time. I have had enough of them too - perhaps some of this is on the coach who continues to deploy them like 1st line players.

True, on both accounts.

It's so far past the point of making a case for splitting them up now..

It's the common sense thing to do.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I do feel a bit bad for the Twins though..

We should have two lines competing with them for points and minutes, at this point in their careers..

Yggdrasil

Oct 30, 2015
Tkachuk Horvat Nylander
Sedin Sedin Eriksson

Vs.

Sedin Sedin Hansen
Baertschi Horvat Eriksson

no, nylander shoots left

so Nylander Horvat Boeser!

playmaker - 2 way center - sniper.

the perfect combination.

yea benning screwed up huge picking virtanen.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
no, nylander shoots left

so Nylander Horvat Boeser!

playmaker - 2 way center - sniper.

the perfect combination.

yea benning screwed up huge picking virtanen.

Nylander shoots right...

It's not even about picks forgone. Benning could have made this team better simply by being a better Pro Scout. Richardson and Matthias were allowed to walk. Just look at their bottom6 depth right now. It's pathetic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad