not just the king of our team but the king of sportscenter too. atta kid

Attachments

• 4B40DD48-B071-4BA6-A76D-79F039990771.jpeg
    4B40DD48-B071-4BA6-A76D-79F039990771.jpeg
    105.8 KB · Views: 8

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Howard probably should have been the #2 star. Played pretty darn well for a guy who hasn't won in 18 games.

Another shutout for Elvis. I know he didn't have to work all that hard, but five shutouts in 8 games? This is really starting to get into "what the hell is going on?" territory.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
How’s Bus feeling? :laugh:

Vindicated in regards to Bobrovsky and his impact on the CBJ. There was a time "the numbers" showed he was more valuable than John Tavares and others.

"Numbers are facts, and you cant argue facts." :o

Korpisalo is the "Allstar" and is the better goalie. Even though Merzlikins' current statistics may supposedly show he's one of the best goalie in NHL history.... he's not.

The team has a HUGE impact on these wins and Elvis' statistics during this stretch.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Vindicated in regards to Bobrovsky and his impact on the CBJ. There was a time "the numbers" showed he was more valuable than John Tavares and others.

Korpisalo is the "Allstar" and is the better goalie. Even though Merzlikins' current statistics may supposedly show he's one of the best goalie in NHL history.... he's not.

The team has a HUGE impact on these wins and Elvis' statistics during this stretch.
OK Bus.

Ice9

Jun 25, 2016
In the woods
Bummer, I only watched games via Hulu and I kicked them off my TV. Haven't seen a game since first part of January...Not sure where to stream it I quit paying for all crap TV services. Other than hockey I haven't missed a single thin .

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I was a huge Devils fan when I started following hockey starting during Martin Brodeur's rookie year. I don't recall the Devils ever being this stingy on defense as a team that had Brodeur, Stevens, Daneyko, and Neidermayer.

Iron Balls "Jarmo" McGinty, I have been trying to remember any great defensive team that had a run like this.. came to the conclusion it had to be like the Devils with Broduer, or Wings with Hasek.. but those teams did get scored on. I am hoping that our boys can pick their scoring up by at least 1.5 goals a game. Right now we are winning a lot of tight games. Jimmy Howard played out of his mind and we missed and whiffed on a few really tight shots.. but we also wore that winged wheel on his sweater out. (Im not going to complain about our team working to get a lot of shots), have some concern for guys like OB pulling up on what could have been breakaways, or PLD making a last second dish that I wish he had shot.

Last edited:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Hi folks. I had to leave the Thread due to snow shoveling required at my home. Congratulations on the win and the positive stats I’m seeing you Post.

Thank you for being welcoming hosts and I look forward to visiting again.

Cheers.

Good to see you took us up on the invite.. love the in game contributions, don't be a stranger Ginger Papa! Only real disappointment I had is not going further through the concourse for a better beer brand.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
Infuriating enough to win 3 cups. If this team ever can add to the offense while not letting up on defense they will be super scary. Only the 2003 cup team for the Devils didn't have a 30 goal scorer on it. The 1995 season was shortened but Stephane Richer was on a pace for 40+ goals and Elias broke 30 in 2000.
The 1999-2000 team was 2nd to Detroit in goals for IIRC. Had 70 point rookie Gomez and Alex Mogilny on the second line.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus

Sorry bub , Korpi is not the better goalie . Doesn’t mean he can’t be, but Elvis has a track record of the skill he’s showing now . Don’t get me wrong , a goalie is only as good as the defense in front of them , which was why I said Bob wasn’t going to be resigned 2 years ago, writing was on all after expansion draft .

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
The 1999-2000 team was 2nd to Detroit in goals for IIRC. Had 70 point rookie Gomez and Alex Mogilny on the second line.
The 2002-2003 team had 4 50 point and 3 40 point scorers. That team definitely didn't have a dominant offense. The CBJ may only have 6 players who break 40 points this season and may only have 2 or 3 max that get over 50.

Anisimovs AK

Apr 14, 2006
Columbus, OH
The 2002-2003 team had 4 50 point and 3 40 point scorers. That team definitely didn't have a dominant offense. The CBJ may only have 6 players who break 40 points this season and may only have 2 or 3 max that get over 50.
Yes indeed. I was just illustrating that the Devils werent always the talentless trap team they are/were routinely made out to be. I still find it ubelievable that they lost it in 2001. 96 point Elias, 40 goal Mogilny. What a time to be alive lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad