GDT: Game #53 (Super Bowl Weekend Game 1): Florida @ Montreal, 2 p.m. start; RDS & TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
If Lehkonen had just a bit more offensive talent/finish he would be a 100 point player. He plays the game the right way.

Thats what i keep trying to tell people all the time... "struggling to score" and "struggling" are not the same thing

He's never once looked "bad" to me, they just REALLY dont go in for him a lot lol, but if he keeps at it he will become that perrennial 20 goal scorer weve all been expecting

but at least he's still the hardest working guy out there, tied with gallagher i guess

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We need a 8 games hot streak while Florida Toronto Columbus Carolina Philly all lose at the same time.

The second habs go into a straight of 2L it will be like we lost 5 in a row

similarly, if we go 8-2 for each of the next 3 sets of 10 games, we'll end up with 101 points, regardless of what the other teams do.

Very difficult to do.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If we played like this all year we wouldnt be in this playoff trouble..

But I gotta say, Gallagher completing the Danault line again, and getting ARMIA BACK have been HUGE

With Drouin back, maybe we can get some kind of a hot streak going...

Gallagher is the catalyst for Danault and Tatar.

Armia, like I said before, is very valuable to this club. He extends zone time, and creates something out of nothing. His quiet demeanour often leaves him underappreciated.

If Gallagher is the most important injury, armia was right there too.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We need a 8 games hot streak while Florida Toronto Columbus Carolina Philly all lose at the same time.

The second habs go into a straight of 2L it will be like we lost 5 in a row
For the record, I think the Habs would be better in the playoffs than most think, but I doubt we win any more than 2 rounds.

Jul 6, 2016
They can clearly play good hockey when they want. These lines seem to have rejuvenated them. Chemistry is great right now

Injuries to key players. Mediocre goaltending for most of the year and awful backup(s). Lack of one steady top-four LD man. Two very weird (especially the second one) and catastrophic 8 game losses streaks....

Getting Kovy and Scandella two weeks too late + not returning KK to AHL earlier were bad decisions.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Depends what habs show up. If it's the team that gives 150 turnovers a night . Clearly it would be a 5 games exit
Would depend on how Price plays imo. Swap out Cousins and Weal for Drouin and Byron and you got a decent team. Not great, but still think you can win a round if they got a good matchup.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
For the record, I think the Habs would be better in the playoffs than most think, but I doubt we win any more than 2 rounds.

I also think that a team which has 2 sets of 8 game winless streaks would be like Detroit level bad in the standings overall. But I suppose their records outside those 2 massive stretches is pretty decent. It's just been a bizarre season, but the way the team is constructed, I guess it's bound to be a volatile club..... A team that can make the playoffs on a given year just as easy as they can fall out of it by January in another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad