Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
Imo they should be going with 7 d, i know it disrupts the forward lines but throwing Jones out from time to time can help spread the ice out and give him some playoff time incase we need him. He'd be useful on pp2 as well.

One positive I'm not sure anyone has noticed but Lafreniere looked as good as anyone on the ice the other night. As much as it might screw with things there might be an option to split the main guys into 3 lines to generate more offense, the top two lines got stymied and we didn't have an answer for their 3rd

Something like
Kreider Zibanejad Roslovic
Panarin Trochek Kakko
Cuylle Wennberg Lafreniere
What about moving Vesey up to the 1st line instead of Roslovic?

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Except the Bruins and Pacers suck and the Canes are more than capable of completing the comeback.
The Bruins had over 100 points and would’ve finished ahead of Fla if not for the last day of the year. The Pacers were like 3 games behind the Knicks.

Besides the point. If this is true, wouldn’t it be worse to only be up 3-2 when you’re playing a team that sucks and isn’t it more impressive that the Rangers are against a better opponent?

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Subban said some nice things about the Rangers yesterday. That a pair of losses is exactly what the doctor ordered because they need adversity to get their desperation level up to where it needs to be to win the ECF and SCF. Subban thinks the Rangers will win Game 6.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
GNgSDc0WAAAK107.jpg

We were outplaying them when we took the lead and then just stopped playing. Really awful gameplan.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kreider and Trocheck's post game comments infuriate me.

Kreider: "If you told us in the beginning of the year we'd be up 3-2 on the 3rd place team in the league we'd be thrilled"

It's not the beginning of the year Chris and you were up 3-0 on them. How about having a killer instinct one time? You don't HAVE to just barely eek out wins, you're allowed to try and impose your will on the game.

Trocheck "They're a good team, they were only 3 points behind us in a record breaking season."

Why are you looking at regular season records still? Why are you giving the opponent so much deference? You should be thinking these guys suck we need to step on their throats, why give them that much respect?

Comments like this are what seriously worry me about the core.
You know, I hear what you are stating, LOUD and CLEAR, and feel the same way. There "has to be" a certain a,ount of arrogance. There probably isn't ONE Rangers fan that wouldn't absolutely LOVE, one Kreider or Trochek response similar to; "We didn't execute, we obvioudly didn't play very well, but we feel we're the better team, and we're going to do our best to finish them off Thursday".

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
I used to say "don't complain, just get the job done." f*** that, I'm going to complain. Understanding that the universe is random and sometimes conspires against you is part of being zen.

Florida looks good, yes, but they're playing garbage ass Boston and before that they played garbage ass Tampa.

We shouldn't even be in this series. We had the best record in the league and we're playing the team with the second-best record in the league.

Meanwhile, the 3-seed in the East gets two byes. The f*** is the point of winning games?

The league's trying to foster rivalries everyone's already tired of.

Reactions: duhmetreE

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
The Bruins had over 100 points and would’ve finished ahead of Fla if not for the last day of the year. The Pacers were like 3 games behind the Knicks.

Besides the point. If this is true, wouldn’t it be worse to only be up 3-2 when you’re playing a team that sucks and isn’t it more impressive that the Rangers are against a better opponent?

Well, yeah it would suck in a different way.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
With all that said, refs are not the reason we lost this game last night. Coach has some work to do with these guys and I’m wondering if that involves Quick and Chytil to shake things up.
We all were thrilled to have Filip back, and now it's unfortunate that he is out again. We are a better team WITH him in the line-up, but even though we won game 3 with him in, then gone. My point is, we were on a roll, and I think it might have disrupted the fluidity of what was going on prior to him returning. It uplifted the team upon return, but now maybe it deflated them a bit? This game is psychological as well. Go ahead, rip me apart. But, hopefully some may see where I am coming from. Not looking for excuses, but it just may have played a little part. Brodzinski, Rempe.....who's next? Edstrom? Hopefully Filip will be better come next game.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Subban said some nice things about the Rangers yesterday. That a pair of losses is exactly what the doctor ordered because they need adversity to get their desperation level up to where it needs to be to win the ECF and SCF. Subban thinks the Rangers will win Game 6.

And if we lose will he say Carolina just wanted it more like our players will?

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
Am I the only one that thinks Carolina is by far our worst matchup?

We owned Florida, I think we would spank Vancouver or Edmonton. Dallas is good but not invincible.

Agree. Carolina has an excellent hockey team and is a nightmare to play against for about anyone.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
I think the shock is just the realization that the playoffs are HARD. The Rangers won 7 games in a row. That final game to close a team like Carolina down is 10/10 difficulty. That's a proud group of talented & motivated hockey players. The 3rd period regression in game 5 really sucked, but its one period. The response is everything. Lets go steal game 6 and then pray boston can extend on Friday night.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Have another thought. IF the Panthers were playing Carolina, wouldn't their gameplan include HURTING their players? Meaning.... being super physical and imposing their will on them until they break down?
There hasn't been ENOUGH physicality in the offensive zone and hemming them in. For crying out louid, they don't even have Pesce.
We should be ALL OVER their defensemen.

Prior to PO's, I had predicted 2 Short Handed goals.......check.
Prior to the PO's, I had predicted we would go 16-7 throughout. We're standing at 7-2, we are on course.
End the fans panic. Win Thursday.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Have another thought. IF the Panthers were playing Carolina, wouldn't their gameplan include HURTING their players? Meaning.... being super physical and imposing their will on them until they break down?
There hasn't been ENOUGH physicality in the offensive zone and hemming them in. For crying out louid, they don't even have Pesce.
We should be ALL OVER their defensemen.

Prior to PO's, I had predicted 2 Short Handed goals.......check.
Prior to the PO's, I had predicted we would go 16-7 throughout. We're standing at 7-2, we are on course.
End the fans panic. Win Thursday.
Forechecking hasn't really been a focus of our offense, nor should it be.

Getting into an in-zone battle with Carolina is stepping in an alligator's mouth.

We've prioritized the rush, as we should, right up until midway through game 5 when we started dumping the puck in. We saw how that went.

Reactions: KevinFinnerty

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
do not want to see Brodzinski in again, Rempe only next round at home, we need Chytil in a bad way, and I'm 50/50 on putting Wheeler on the 4th line if he's good to go. add a little more scoring depth. Carolina has Kuznetsov on their 4th who has huge goals this series, I'm talking huge goals. I would honestly insert Chytil and Wheeler if they're good to go.

Jack Hanson

Oct 5, 2023
If we can win this but have to endure a bumfight to get it done its only right and fair that Bos and Fla have their own bumfight. I dont want our next opponent to have any time to sit back and rest. This is a game of attrition and our team needs to get ready to fight if they want this.

And play Rempe and Vesey more, they seem to have a fire lit under their asses. Theyre movin and groovin we need more of that from our offensive killers like Panarin, Trocheck, Kreider, Mika, and Laffy. They need to get pumped and do the job.

Lets Go Rangers.

Metranger

May 22, 2015
If we can win this but have to endure a bumfight to get it done its only right and fair that Bos and Fla have their own bumfight. I dont want our next opponent to have any time to sit back and rest. This is a game of attrition and our team needs to get ready to fight if they want this.

And play Rempe and Vesey more, they seem to have a fire lit under their asses. Theyre movin and groovin we need more of that from our offensive killers like Panarin, Trocheck, Kreider, Mika, and Laffy. They need to get pumped and do the job.

Lets Go Rangers.
Is putting Vesey on the 1st line, and Roslovic on the 4th, a bad idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad