Post-Game Talk: Game 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Maybe Ive gotten too level-headed in my old age, but i feel like after the first round any and every series could be 6 or 7 games. The best 8 teams in the league have pretty much been consistent winners all year and we are one of them... the past 2 games have been a gut punch, but im not suprised. We are playing a very good team (as are the Rangers). Still feel good about our chances LGR

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not going to go back and read 36 pages of what looks like wasn’t intellectually stimulating. Bet it’s the right decision.

Reactions: CasusBelli

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Man I watched some replays today, that fly by by Roslovic in the NZ right before the tying goal was atrocious. That would’ve been a bad play in October, let alone in a playoff elimination game. What the hell was that? You should be engaging in battles all over the ice and he just breezes right by. Mika was going for a change I’m sure after seeing his inmate heading for the puck carrier assuming he’d be pressing him and not just going for a skate. What a brutal sequence.

Reactions: CLW

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
So Florida failed to close out there series also. Should they blow it up? Asking for a friend. Lol.

They weren't up 3-0, like it or not expectations are different in that situation, they didn't lose two in a row, and most importantly they didn't get embarrassed like the Rangers did.

After all that consternation, Rangers, Knicks, and Panthers all in the exact same position.

Except the Bruins and Pacers suck and the Canes are more than capable of completing the comeback.

80s Kid

Feb 20, 2023
AZ
did you not see what the 1st unit looked like?

I'd love to see Zac Jones get in for Gus...
I acknowledged that in my original post but the PP2 was ass as well.

I would like to see Jones but really want Chytil back.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Different sport but I guess I'll try to find a glimer of hope where I can. The 72-10 Chicago Bulls went up 3-0 on the Seattle Supersonics and lost 2 to close it out in 6. Although the 2 losses came on the road. Anyway, that's all I got.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I personally take much more issue with how they played after Laf tied game four than how they played yesterday. Games like last night happen. And shit, maybe they were collectively fighting a bug out something.

If they end up losing the series I blame it on the shift in mindset or whatever the f*** happened after Laf scored that goal. The Canes were deader than dead.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
If I knew that I'd be a lot richer than I am.
I coached for years. There are good coaches and bad coaches but no miracle workers. Even Al Arbor and Scotty Bowman were fired. If there was a way to make the Rangers play harder Lavi and his assistants would probably be aware of it after 30 plus years in the NHL. Im sure they have tried different things. Most coaching "tricks" are temporary. Even the 1994 NYR team with multiple hall of fame players played down to an overmatched Vancouver team.

This is pretty darn impressive, Kreider is 80th percentile for reference

T7SGwCk.png

Such a unique player, this offseason we should use every resource we can to help him fill out his frame more, improve lower body strength and agility.
May be a side effect of being so tall but something I'd like to see Rempe improve is his overall balance.

Reactions: yrrebbor

mandiblesofdoom

May 24, 2012
I personally take much more issue with how they played after Laf tied game four than how they played yesterday. Games like last night happen. And shit, maybe they were collectively fighting a bug out something.

If they end up losing the series I blame it on the shift in mindset or whatever the f*** happened after Laf scored that goal. The Canes were deader than dead.
I wonder about that too ... it would explain the reported directive to focus on defense.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Talking to Laviolette on our current conference call:<br><br>&quot;Desperation is a funny thing. You can&#39;t give it to somebody. You actually have to feel it… As we move into the next game and we realize that the window’s a little smaller, that level rises.&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NYR?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#NYR</a></p>&mdash; Vince Z. Mercogliano (@vzmercogliano) <a href="">May 14, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I’m having trouble taking anything that Laviolette says seriously after seeing him in that suit he wore in game 5.
The only thing missing was an oversized yellow flower in his lapel that squirts water.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Kreider and Trocheck's post game comments infuriate me.

Kreider: "If you told us in the beginning of the year we'd be up 3-2 on the 3rd place team in the league we'd be thrilled"

It's not the beginning of the year Chris and you were up 3-0 on them. How about having a killer instinct one time? You don't HAVE to just barely eek out wins, you're allowed to try and impose your will on the game.

Trocheck "They're a good team, they were only 3 points behind us in a record breaking season."

Why are you looking at regular season records still? Why are you giving the opponent so much deference? You should be thinking these guys suck we need to step on their throats, why give them that much respect?

Comments like this are what seriously worry me about the core.
That has been the problem for a long time. Lack of killer instinct, taking their foot off the pedal.

Reactions: Slaydagnar

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
I don't think anyone on this team gives a f***. I think Rangers fans are the ones that care about it. They'll be on the first flight to Mexico with their model girlfriends the day after they're eliminated.

I think some guys do give a f*** and I think most athletes want to win. I've observed playing in a team dynamic that if a few guys are off or checked out, it's very difficult for the players trying their best to beat the opposition + overcome the few guys in la la land.

On most great championship teams, every player is all in and playing for each other.

This does not describe the NYR in game 5.

I'm not on the team, so I don't take it personally if they win or lose. But as a NYC native, I'd like to see any team representing the city look like they're at least trying their best. A lot of NYers I've known bust their asses and it's kind of a point of pride.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad