Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR howls in the Rockies - BRUINS 5 Colorado 3

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta
Freddy-Zacha-Coyle
Braz-Poitras-Geekie
4th to be reckoned with.

I'd give that a go next game.
Not sold on the second line.... up to now not impress with Zacha engagement in the games, Freddy and Coyle have been imo inconsistent.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I’d be shocked if they didn’t sign Johnson when they return from this road trip. He can’t be worse than Tufte or Jones

Maybe. Will they waive Jones then or give him the chance to get his game back. I still don't believe they will go with 14 forwards longterm, so if they sign Johnson, 2 will have to leave

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Not sold on the second line.... up to now not impress with Zacha engagement in the games, Freddy and Coyle have been imo inconsistent.
I can think of 3 times right off the top my head where Zacha was home free off Pasta feeds and just never finished. He buries those we can assume you would have a different take here.Heck he even jumped in & had a fight or took a few even ,he's engaged.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I can think of 3 times right off the top my head where Zacha was home free off Pasta feeds and just never finished. He buries those we can assume you would have a different take here.Heck he even jumped in & had a fight or took a few even ,he's engaged.
Zacha,Coyle, Frederic and Geekie will eventually start putting up some points and not the current rate they are now. More concerned with the overall team D.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Clode

Aug 2, 2012
Derry, NH
The only disappointment is Zadorovs inability to fight. I’m glad he stepped up, but hopefully he can do better than that. I thought he was actually known for this. Not a good showing.
Zadorov has always been a horrible fighter for his size, hes just big and hits hard. Although he did beat up Liam O'brien last year so hes not completely inept :laugh:

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I haven't been impressed by Tufte or Jones yet, small sample size.
I don't see what they are bring to the team other than size and some dumb penalties.
Their play thus far has been very vanilla, but heck, I could say that about 3 or 4 other Bruins forwards as well.
Could be just trying to find their place.
They need to show something, make a positive impact.
Or, maybe they should spend some time in Providence, if they pass waivers, and work on their game.
Become possible call ups for injuries if they play well enough.

Reactions: 774EVER

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Zacha,Coyle, Frederic and Geekie will eventually start putting up some points and not the current rate they are now. More concerned with the overall team D.
Zacha and Coyle have never been known for their goal scoring ability, two way forwards - yes, goal scoring not so much.
Of the two, I think Coyle is going to be very hard pressed to match last year's point totals.
Geekie has been used this year above his effectiveness level, but maybe drop him down and let him get his confidence and then revisit later the year.
Frederic, rough start, but has shown potential when paired with the right linemates.
Give him a few more games in the top six with the more skilled linemates and see how he responds.
Maybe flip Zacha and Marchand for a few games.
Would probably help Marchand and maybe even Pastrnak.
I am still hoping that once Poitras proves he is capable they try him at 2C ... I think that line needs a playmaking center.
Let Coyle slide back to 3C where his two way possession puck protection game can make the greatest difference.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Zacha and Coyle have never been known for their goal scoring ability, two way forwards - yes, goal scoring not so much.
Of the two, I think Coyle is going to be very hard pressed to match last year's point totals.
Geekie has been used this year above his effectiveness level, but maybe drop him down and let him get his confidence and then revisit later the year.
Frederic, rough start, but has shown potential when paired with the right linemates.
Give him a few more games in the top six with the more skilled linemates and see how he responds.
Maybe flip Zacha and Marchand for a few games.
Would probably help Marchand and maybe even Pastrnak.
I am still hoping that once Poitras proves he is capable they try him at 2C ... I think that line needs a playmaking center.
Let Coyle slide back to 3C where his two way possession puck protection game can make the greatest difference.
Coyle isn't matching last year, but he isn't going to continue along at a .2PPG either.
Zacha won't produce at .4PPG either. I think some people are panicking about it specifically with them. I'm more concerned with Poitras play being impacted by getting crushed to often.

Reactions: BMC

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I'm excited about this fourth line in a way I haven't been since the Paille-Campbell-Thornton days. They bring so much energy each shift and it's been the surprise of the season for me.

Inevitably the magic should wear off, but even if it does I think this stretch has turned Beecher into a surefire NHL player in everyone's eyes. Hopefully in his eyes too.

Imagine how good this team could be when it gets its act together. Scoring lines not doing much, defense running around, goaltending has been leaky, and yet they're still 3-2.
Why should the magic wear off? They’re big and fast and play big-boy hockey. They play fast and physical and are tough to handle below the dots. That leads to good things. Being a handful below the dots is a recipe for success. Nothing magical about it.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
I think his problem is he losses his balance. Can’t stand up
That the problem I seen with the 2 fights the Bruins got into this season is. Both players went after their opponent and starting swinging before they even got set. Those Bruins that want to fight should taking some boxing lessons for balance and set up. To me one of the best pound for pound fighters in this league lately was Rick Rypien (RIP) whose dad was a boxer and taught him a lot. You could see from his stance to the way he grab the jersey. You could even tell McQuaid took lessons. With all the size on this Bruins team they should rarely lose a fight if they can set up first.

• Love
Reactions: lopey

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Coyle isn't matching last year, but he isn't going to continue along at a .2PPG either.
Zacha won't produce at .4PPG either. I think some people are panicking about it specifically with them. I'm more concerned with Poitras play being impacted by getting crushed to often.

Poitras really needs to keep his head up & on a swivel because if he doesn't his NHL career will be shortened by head injuries. Someone needs to have a serious talk with him.

Reactions: lopey

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Yea that is a concern. My hope is they fix that PK up because its leaking badly.That would really help with the amount of penalties they are taking early on.3 wins though in 5 games is solid.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad