Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR howls in the Rockies - BRUINS 5 Colorado 3

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Only saw the first period and then I lost my feed.
It was hard to say if the Bruins overall were playing that much better or if Colorado was just that bad.
As other have said, Colorado looked terrible in their own end. I'll take the win and run.

Our 4th line is playing some really old school hockey. Get the puck in down low work and own the boards ... their play reminded me of '70s & '80s hockey, something you haven't seen around here for a while. Great work by the line and they are getting rewarded for their effort with points.

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Honestly the Bruins just need to stay out of the box.

Goals 1 and 2 against, I have nothing to say. Red hot danger zones. The third goal Korpi has to slide across and the puck finds a bit of daylight. But again, all 3 high danger on the PK.

I liked Korpi's game otherwise.

And btw for a team that was supposed to be challenged to score goals, they be scoring!

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Av's looked terrible.

Korpisalo not great but went the final 15 minutes without giving up the lead. Something B's had lots of problems with last season.

Hoping Monty doesn't think Jones and Tufte are good luck charms. Poor Poitras won 6 of 7 on faceoffs and possession was wasted with those two on his line.

Hampus had a great 13 seconds.

Carlo had 4 hits and 7 blocks. More than the rest of the D combined.

After being on the ice for an early breakaway, McAvoy had a very quiet night. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

How about that 4th line!

DGS

Jan 21, 2014
Portland, OR
It was nice to see us setting up in their end and getting some good stretches of cycle going especially in the first half of this game. This was the most we've played from below their goal line so far this year.

IMO the powerplay looked at least less bad than the other games. I would like to see our PK be more aggressive and make other teams PP look as ineffective as ours has looked.

The TNT tv crew was a bunch of bullshit...just waiting for a break in the game so they could talk more about Sid and Geno and about themselves. 🤢

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins are 4th with an avg of 4 goals per game dead on.Also dropped to 2nd in penalty mins with 73.Utah is 1st with 77 which sets up the who has more discipline game on Saturday.

Av's looked terrible.

Korpisalo not great but went the final 15 minutes without giving up the lead. Something B's had lots of problems with last season.

Hoping Monty doesn't think Jones and Tufte are good luck charms. Poor Poitras won 6 of 7 on faceoffs and possession was wasted with those two on his line.

After being on the ice for an early breakaway, McAvoy had a very quiet night. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

How about that 4th line!
That line was under 10 mins actually.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Tufte has been a non-factor at best, and probably needs to be Providence bound. Jones has disappointed so far, and I really expected better from him. Maybe he needs a bit longer to get into game shape after missing most of camp, like Brad, but I hope he gets his game going: he is capable of bringing some good stuff to the bottom 6.

Lohrei needs some defensive development, but is showing potential to become the best passer on the team since Krejci.

He's on his way to being the PP1 QB, which is great since McAvoy is just not what you want in the department to this point (and maybe never will be).

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Av's looked terrible.

How about that 4th line!

But realistically, it's the 3rd goal you wanted? First 2, forget about it.

Reactions: SonnyBoy

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Eddie was terrible
I’m glad he seems to be ok as far as recovering from cancer and hope he has a long healthy life but with that being said I can’t believe he still gets consistent National level broadcasting work from the NHL.

At the end, looked like a B's closes his hand on the puck in the crease. Got away with one.
Haha shhh I saw that replay last night and was kinda shocked it wasn’t talked about

Reactions: Ladyfan

Wilhelm Scream

Jan 2, 2008
Cambridge, MA
I'm excited about this fourth line in a way I haven't been since the Paille-Campbell-Thornton days. They bring so much energy each shift and it's been the surprise of the season for me.

Inevitably the magic should wear off, but even if it does I think this stretch has turned Beecher into a surefire NHL player in everyone's eyes. Hopefully in his eyes too.

Imagine how good this team could be when it gets its act together. Scoring lines not doing much, defense running around, goaltending has been leaky, and yet they're still 3-2.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I'm excited about this fourth line in a way I haven't been since the Paille-Campbell-Thornton days. They bring so much energy each shift and it's been the surprise of the season for me.

Inevitably the magic should wear off, but even if it does I think this stretch has turned Beecher into a surefire NHL player in everyone's eyes. Hopefully in his eyes too.

Imagine how good this team could be when it gets its act together. Scoring lines not doing much, defense running around, goaltending has been leaky, and yet they're still 3-2.

Bruins currently tied for the league lead in goals scored.

Worst takeaways/giveaways on Bruins:

Peeke 0/11
Lohrei 0/7

Best:

Coyle 5/3
Zacha 3/2

Reactions: Wilhelm Scream

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Can't say he instilled any confidence in me.

Thought he could have handled the 2nd goal also.

Looked shaky at times, out of control. But he made big saves, for sure.

I haven't heard Razor's take on it yet, but I suspect he'll be fine with his game. Specially with high danger PK goals.

He made big stops at even strength during the game. Looked like he's gonna get there to me.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Last night's broadcast was horrible. If you're on national tv, you need to be neutral. For a casual observer they would think this was the Avs broadcast. The studio stuff was terrible too.
I thought Kenny Albert was good (he always is), but the other two were dragging the broadcast down.

Reactions: khanomcat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad