GDT: Game 5: Red Wings at preds 2:00 pm et 10/19/24

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I was talking about not being able to admit when someone is wrong. That's when you said:

View attachment 919099

I never said I don't take digs at anyone. That's really weird how you just took the conversation to a completely different topic. Show me where I was wrong about a player and then didn't admit it.
It's not a completely different topic at all. You tend to say that someone or something is awful for one reason or another, and when somebody argues against it, you respond by going after the person instead of the argument.

I still don't understand why Copp gets a free pass here.
He doesn't. That's the misconception you spread to continue your narrative. Andrew Copp is a very mediocre player who was signed to an inflated contract (as many free agents are) to serve as a bandaid until one or more prospects that have significantly more potential are ready to take over.

Edit: As for Kasper, you can tell me I'm wrong when he starts scoring 20+ goals.
Scoring 20+ goals is a different argument than scoring at all at the NHL level. But since I have no concern over the long term outlook of Marco Kasper's NHL career, I'd be happy to revisit the situation once the kid actually has a decent sample size of NHL games under his belt.

Reactions: Henkka

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
It's not a completely different topic at all. You tend to say that someone or something is awful for one reason or another, and when somebody argues against it, you respond by going after the person instead of the argument.

He doesn't. That's the misconception you spread to continue your narrative. Andrew Copp is a very mediocre player who was signed to an inflated contract (as many free agents are) to serve as a bandaid until one or more prospects that have significantly more potential are ready to take over.

Scoring 20+ goals is a different argument than scoring at all at the NHL level. But since I have no concern over the long term outlook of Marco Kasper's NHL career, I'd be happy to revisit the situation once the kid actually has a decent sample size of NHL games under his belt.
LOL, talk about deflecting. You totally changed the subject. If you can't stay on the point, then let's move on.

Anyways, let's talk about hockey. I didn't say Kasper wouldn't score at all, that's hyperbole. I'm saying he's not going to be an effective scorer. His SH% in the AHL was lower than Joey's in the NHL , and he doesn't shoot often enough. I liked the way he played in this game, but how many SOG did he have? None, because he shot way wide on his only attempt.

We absolutely will discuss this at a later time. I think more time in GR would have been beneficial for him. That is why he was sent down. He's gonna be on the roster now because the team is way worse than Stevie expected. At this point I'm expecting him not to score many goals, but with the right wingers he'll put up a decent amount of assists.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad