GDT: Game 5: Red Wings at preds 2:00 pm et 10/19/24

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
You're a wonderful addition to HF Red Wings. Even when we win you know how to suck the life out of the room at a generational level. I think the negativity meter is broken as it isn't even registering.
i don't know what a filet minion 4th line is, but it sounds delicious. i think this would be the ideal lineup with our current roster

kobe 1st line
argentine 2nd line
veal 3rd line
filet minion 4th line

tomahawk 1st pair
t-bone 2nd pair
ground beef 3rd pair

porterhouse 1a
tri-tip 1b

Reactions: Gniwder

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Playoffssssss???? Was there a schedule change? We playing the preds another 75 times?

Kasper needs to stay for good ... we cant allow a bunch of rookies on our lineup at the same time in the upcoming season

Mazur will be on the team next year. I was going to say danielson but hes pointless so far in the ahl but I'm sure were dying to make him the next future 3rd line 2 way guy anyways

Motte copp compher veleno Rasmussen fischer Gustafson maata petry holl are all guys I'd be looking to move this Season. If were gonna move berggren I'd rather stall it as I think theres more there with him and we'd better off building up his value

I'd also like to see soderblom back up to play like 5 games this season see where hes at. I know he's likely a bust but we can use that frame on the team

Always thought hed be better in the nhl with better talent than the ahl... rant over lol
I actually think this is reasonable, even in a playoff chase, just i'd lump Berggren in there too. Priority to move might be placed on the guys underlined because of term.

Gus is such... a woof! signing. * No one cares because they hated him, but Shayne Gostisbehere has 3 goals, 2PP goals. Would be leading the Red wings in all categories.

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Injuries cloud the roster picture but we need to stop playing number games for minor Cap benefits and have 13 forwards including Kasper up full-time, one of Motte/Veleno/Fischer rotating through team suite when everyone is healthy. It's way too early to make any judgements, but PK is tied for second-worst in the league so there might need to be changes made to current combinations.

Until Nashville tilted the ice in third period desperate to get a first win it was a pretty equal game. Kasper predictably showed he should have been up from Day 1. Talk about Kasper in top six needs to be put on hold until he's played a lot more. It won't do DBC/Kane much good if he's winning only 30 per cent of faceoffs. Ras might have to be used more on FOs or Copp moved up to that line.

Complaints about the usual suspects are pretty lame. Copp is acceptable as bottom six LW and isn't going anywhere for at least another season. He gets points not through skill but by going to the right places, which is how things have worked for low-skill guys since forever. Same with Ras, who also isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Gus will get a long leash even if only because Seider is struggling on PP. Chiarot especially and Petry had a solid game. Ed had some struggles with puck decisions and coverage but nice to see him go for the net when he had a clear look rather than be afraid of icing it. Also nice to see Tarasenko getting another goal, he's been a bit snakebit early. They lost some offense with roster changes this season so he needs to contribute.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
I actually think this is reasonable, even in a playoff chase, just i'd lump Berggren in there too. Priority to move might be placed on the guys underlined because of term.

Gus is such... a woof! signing. * No one cares because they hated him, but Shayne Gostisbehere has 3 goals, 2PP goals. Would be leading the Red wings in all categories.
I still think we might regret moving berggren now rather than later I think theres a 50ish pt guy in there

ya moving gost for Gustafson when they basically got the same contract will never make sense

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I personally think Berggren is Sprong without the goals and more assists. Dime a dozen guy imo, but I could be wrong if he gets a little stronger/tougher.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
i don't know what a filet minion 4th line is, but it sounds delicious. i think this would be the ideal lineup with our current roster

kobe 1st line
argentine 2nd line
veal 3rd line
filet minion 4th line

tomahawk 1st pair
t-bone 2nd pair
ground beef 3rd pair

porterhouse 1a
tri-tip 1b
Filet mignon is the tenderest, least-flavorful cut. Give me something like a strip or that tri-tip instead.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Quoted for irony.
LOL, talk about irony. You're one to talk.

Anyways, wrong about what? Copp just because he got 2 lucky goals in one game? Zadina? Cholo? Svech?

When I'm actually wrong about a player, I'll admit it unlike most of you. I've already said Gus is way worse than I ever expected. I mean how hard is it to say a player sucks worse than you expected? He's a complete disappointment.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
This. Veleno, Motte and Fischer can rotate in the 4th.

But since Motte is one the regular PK-players, in everyone is healthy-scenario, it's Veleno or Fischer who most likely will be doing the rotating.

Kasper can PK, and Joey actually had better PK stats than Motte last season.

Motte kills the offense on whichever line he's on. His PK doesn't make up for his offensive deficiencies.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Ahhh, so you're done gaslighting and now resorting to personal attacks? Pretty obvious you have issue admitting when you're wrong.
Gaslighting? lol. Nah. Your histrionics about Copp are there for all to see.

While I think it's likely the truth, my post was too unkind so I decided to delete it but you apparently quoted before I did that. It's simpler just to put you on ignore so I don't have to see threads littered with your Copp obsession anymore.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
LOL, talk about irony. You're one to talk.
Ok, I'll bite.

I'm sure I've been wrong about dozens of things I've said on this site. But you're implying that I have a track record of doubling down on opinions even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

So I'm sure you could provide a few examples? Topics where I've been persistent about a given take, even when it doesn't seem to be panning out?

Or was your comment more a deflection than an observation?

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Gaslighting? lol. Nah. Your histrionics about Copp are there for all to see.

While I think it's likely the truth, my post was unkind so I decided to delete it but you apparently quoted before I did that. It's simpler just to put you on ignore so I don't have to see threads littered with your Copp obsession anymore.

You know you've said that half a dozen time now.

I don't have anyone on ignore because I can mentally ignore a post. I liked Darren Helm, and he got shit on because of he was overpaid. I didn't feel the need to personally attack and insult someone because they trashed him. His contract really didn't matter because the team sucked.

Ok, I'll bite.

I'm sure I've been wrong about dozens of things I've said on this site. But you're implying that I have a track record of doubling down on opinions even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

So I'm sure you could provide a few examples? Topics where I've been persistent about a given take, even when it doesn't seem to be panning out?

Or was your comment more a deflection than an observation?
Just post an example. You're the one deflecting.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
I still think we might regret moving berggren now rather than later I think theres a 50ish pt guy in there

ya moving gost for Gustafson when they basically got the same contract will never make sense

They didn't move Ghost. He was a UFA.

He signed a 3-year deal to play with Carolina whereas Gus's is a 2-year deal. It's possible Yzerman wasn't offering that term.

Reactions: Henkka

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
They didn't move Ghost. He was a UFA.

He signed a 3-year deal to play with Carolina whereas Gus's is a 2-year deal. It's possible Yzerman wasn't offering that term.
Yeah I know meant to say moving on from gost to gus was a mistake...I was under the impression it was 2 years that's my bad

Think even if we wanted to move on from gost next season we'd find a taker. Then again yzerman gifted a 2nd to move on from walman for no reason. Either way gus never shouldn't have been a priority,rather given a veteran dman a one year contract like schultz who's still a ufa and play johansson more

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Yeah I know meant to say moving on from gost to gus was a mistake...I was under the impression it was 2 years that's my bad

Think even if we wanted to move on from gost next season we'd find a taker. Then again yzerman gifted a 2nd to move on from walman for no reason. Either way gus never shouldn't have been a priority,rather given a veteran dman a one year contract like schultz who's still a ufa and play johansson more
Gus was signed for the PP. Obviously it isn't working out. Fortunately it's $2M x 2 years, more than half can be buried in GR if necessary.

Schultz is an absolute horrendous defenseman. Tries to do too much with the puck, and out of position all the time. Take everything that you hate about Chiarot, multiply it by 10, and then package it in Dekeyser's body. When he shits the bed, he'll shit the entire bed and go -2 or even -3 in a game, and look completely lost for the entire game. I'd rather see AlJo play his off side.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Just post an example. You're the one deflecting.
Very well then. The following are examples JUST FROM THIS MONTH of you going after the people commenting, rather than sticking to the actual arguments:

Ahhh, so you're done gaslighting and now resorting to personal attacks? Pretty obvious you have issue admitting when you're wrong.

Dude, your memory sucks. Just go read through the Copp thread. The proof is there. I can sit here and quote almost every post from there, but it's not worth clogging this thread just because you're delusional.

I'm quite accustomed to the homerism here after debating about Cholo, Zadina, Svech, Copp, etc.

Kasper plays like a pest, he'll wind up in fights. I feel like I'm explaining hockey to noobs.

I actually know a former NHL agitator, if I showed him this clip, he'd laugh at you.

Wow, now I know for sure that you're delusional when it comes to Kasper.

Checking is an element of the sport. Obviously a bunch of enforcers aren't going to win a Cup. There's something called balance, which is hard for you to understand.

Not sure why I bother explaining logic to you. It's a lost cause.

Pretty obvious that you're not watching games or stats.

But please, continue asserting that I'm the one deflecting. Or perhaps regale me with another chapter in your insightful player evaluations. Like the take that Marco Kasper won't score in the NHL because he doesn't shoot high enough. That one should continue to age well.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Very well then. The following are examples JUST FROM THIS MONTH of you going after the people commenting, rather than sticking to the actual arguments:

But please, continue asserting that I'm the one deflecting. Or perhaps regale me with another chapter in your insightful player evaluations. Like the take that Marco Kasper won't score in the NHL because he doesn't shoot high enough. That one should continue to age well.

I was talking about not being able to admit when someone is wrong. That's when you said:

1729448653384.png

I never said I don't take digs at anyone. That's really weird how you just took the conversation to a completely different topic. Show me where I was wrong about a player and then didn't admit it.

I still don't understand why Copp gets a free pass here. If he got even half the hate that Petry, Husso, Holl, or Gus gets, I'd post a lot less. Helm got waaay more hate, and Copp is overpaid more than he was.

Edit: As for Kasper, you can tell me I'm wrong when he starts scoring 20+ goals.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Gus was signed for the PP. Obviously it isn't working out. Fortunately it's $2M x 2 years, more than half can be buried in GR if necessary.

Schultz is an absolute horrendous defenseman. Tries to do too much with the puck, and out of position all the time. Take everything that you hate about Chiarot, multiply it by 10, and then package it in Dekeyser's body. When he shits the bed, he'll shit the entire bed and go -2 or even -3 in a game, and look completely lost for the entire game. I'd rather see AlJo play his off side.
I don't know , if hes played on 7 teams in 4 years was he ever really gonna help the ppl? Rather give seider a bigger role on pp1 ... try edvinsson pp2

Schultz was just an idea for a 1 year dman id have to look at who else ended up being available at a year signing. He came to mind with shattenkirk whose still unsigned

I'd have zero problem playing johansson on his right side either he or someone like wallinder will have to go there unless we move guys

We have edvinsson on the left + albert and wallinder,buium possibly cleveland ? Either way I'd rather commit to giving Johansson minutes than gus

Anyways not a big deal I'm sure we can find a sucker at the deadline. I'd also like to see wallinder play like 5 games this year and see how he responds. He'll be 23 next summer ... I'd say tuomisto and viro as well but dont really see them ever coming to detroit

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't know , if hes played on 7 teams in 4 years was he ever really gonna help the ppl? Rather give seider a bigger role on pp1 ... try edvinsson pp2

Schultz was just an idea for a 1 year dman id have to look at who else ended up being available at a year signing. He came to mind with shattenkirk whose still unsigned

I'd have zero problem playing johansson on his right side either he or someone like wallinder will have to go there unless we move guys

We have edvinsson on the left + albert and wallinder,buium possibly cleveland ? Either way I'd rather commit to giving Johansson minutes than gus

Anyways not a big deal I'm sure we can find a sucker at the deadline. I'd also like to see wallinder play like 5 games this year and see how he responds. He'll be 23 next summer ... I'd say tuomisto and viro as well but dont really see them ever coming to detroit

In hindsight Gus was a bad signing, I'm just explaining the logic behind the decision. I thought he'd at least be better than Ghost defensively, and he's not.

Yeah, I'd rather see Ed on PP2 than Chiarot. It's just gonna take a few games before Lalonde trusts him. He's already on the top pair. He'll also need practice time on PP. From what I've seen in the past, Ed likes to skate with the puck more than the other D, so there will be some adjustments necessary.

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
In hindsight Gus was a bad signing, I'm just explaining the logic behind the decision. I thought he'd at least be better than Ghost defensively, and he's not.

Yeah, I'd rather see Ed on PP2 than Chiarot. It's just gonna take a few games before Lalonde trusts him. He's already on the top pair. He'll also need practice time on PP. From what I've seen in the past, Ed likes to skate with the puck more than the other D, so there will be some adjustments necessary.
Well we're gonna have to play him for so he gains experience and it's better now before even more rookies are brought on

Pains me to say this but dont think ppl realize the pain that's coming this season and likely next. I just want see seider raymond edvinsson mazur kasper and future kids rolling along cause that's the only way we'll get better .

Sooner they play the better

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Kasper can PK, and Joey actually had better PK stats than Motte last season.

Motte kills the offense on whichever line he's on. His PK doesn't make up for his offensive deficiencies.
Last season Motte played 150 minutes on PK(#46 of all forwards in NHL), where Veleno played 67 minutes. Since 2020-21 Veleno has played compined 123 minutes on PK, less PK minutes in 237 games than Motte in 69 games. Since 2020-21 season Motte has played 465 minutes on PK, 51st most in NHL. This season so far Motte has played 6:16 on PK, where Veleno has 36 seconds.

There is no question which player they trust more on PK duties. Currently Veleno is even behind of Raymond in PK minutes. Veleno is honestly the most useless player on Wings roster. Now Kasper can knock off Fischer and Raymond from PK units and possibly we could cut off PK minutes from Larkin, and let Kasper have some of them. PK pairs would be then Compher-Motte, Copp-Kasper, Larkin-Ras, you can mix them up other way too. But that doesn't remove the fact that the most useless players in this team would be Veleno and Fischer. Therefore the first 2 players on rotation, instead of Motte.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Last season Motte played 150 minutes on PK(#46 of all forwards in NHL), where Veleno played 67 minutes. Since 2020-21 Veleno has played compined 123 minutes on PK, less PK minutes in 237 games than Motte in 69 games. Since 2020-21 season Motte has played 465 minutes on PK, 51st most in NHL. This season so far Motte has played 6:16 on PK, where Veleno has 36 seconds.

There is no question which player they trust more on PK duties. Currently Veleno is even behind of Raymond in PK minutes. Veleno is honestly the most useless player on Wings roster. Now Kasper can knock off Fischer and Raymond from PK units and possibly we could cut off PK minutes from Larkin, and let Kasper have some of them. PK pairs would be then Compher-Motte, Copp-Kasper, Larkin-Ras, you can mix them up other way too. But that doesn't remove the fact that the most useless players in this team would be Veleno and Fischer. Therefore the first 2 players on rotation, instead of Motte.

Quite frankly, all 3 are replacement level players. Rotating the healthy scratch will motivate all 3 to do more.

Lalonde isn't very good at motivating players, having an extra forward and scratching players will help.

Reactions: schuelma24

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad