GDT: Game 5: Red Wings at preds 2:00 pm et 10/19/24

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Are the Wings ever going to stick with a goalie and let him ride it out for 3-4 games and get some confidence and rhythm ? It’s amazing LaLonde keeps going to his same BS roster decisions, like he’s scared to be great.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
And a point shot, you see what you did @JohanFranzenstein

8i3W8A5ShQeEE.webp

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Never realized how good a career Luke Schenn has had. 1000 games played. Two cups. Second all time is D man hits...still only 34.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
Genuine question.

How come nearly every single team we play against seem to get very clean shots on goal from the outside or the point, yet when our D or fwds shoot from the same "low percentage areas" it gets blocked up front and or turned over?
Mostly bc they do too much before they shoot it. They are way to cute for a team w marginal skill compared to other teams. Like I said last week, this team does not score good goals most of the time and most of their goals are off broken plays, rebounds, versus quality scoring chances. It’s very easy to see.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Has Gus generally played on his offside? I know the prevailing opinion is he's been awful but I haven't seen a lot of him.

But so far this period his passes have been like he's using the wrong-handed stick.

I like that play from Berger. Shoot low far pads so the rebound kicks out to the other side. But he needs some teammates going to the net.

I don't think the Wings do that enough.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
At first I thought Lyon just missed the initial glove save on the wrist shot, but it was redirected by a Pred player in front of him. Because of course it was.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
To be clear the offside review is stupid. It's not about this goal getting called back.

But the NHL made offside even more ambiguous by letting the skate being in the air as long as it's behind the plane of the blueline. They should've kept it where you have to have your skate down because that's easier to determine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad