GDT: Game 5: New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs, 7pm ET, MSG

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time! 🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
thehockeynews.com

hardnosed

Feb 27, 2017
Jones should just request a trade if Mancini has already jumped him in the pecking order
Yea. The easy move, if you want Chad to see a game before Lindgren gets back, is Chad for the righty Mancini. Lav puts 5 RD in and benches Jones. Not a good situation for Jones. Because we know Lindgren is coming back. And this suggests that Jones is #7, not Mancini.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I don't mind Ruhwedel getting a game here; feeding a rookie pair to Toronto's top6 seems like a recipe for disaster.

Interesting that Jones is sitting though. I was still assuming that when Lindgren came back, Mancini would be going down to get top minutes in Hartford. Now, I don't know.

Jones is being treated like Hajek was, except he actually looks like a capable NHL defenseman. Perhaps there are concerns about how he will handle certain matchups (e.g. Toronto), given his size.

Reactions: effen

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
IMG_1417.gif

Puck drops 10am Sunday. Won’t be home unfortunately, going out hiking today.

LGR!

Reactions: Ail

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I am okay with Ruhwedel getting a game is the mindset is to keep everyone fresh, but then I want to see the same standard applied to other D-men later on. Especially the ones that have played poorly.
What does this even mean? I don’t know if Jones is still considered a rookie but this is his first season as a regular and Mancini is as rookie as they come. Are you saying that vets should be held to the same standard? Is this your first time following hockey? Forget hockey, following sports?

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
We're 3-4 games into the season. Way too early to worry about Lavvy's lineup decisions. The only way he can find out about players, he has to use them. And if there's the added benefit of a players improving/showing how they play increasing their value, that's a win-win. I'm happy it's happening now -- I would be upset if this were mid-season or later.
Seriously! Giving one game to 7th D and 13th F in game 5 and everyone falls to pieces?

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
What does this even mean? I don’t know if Jones is still considered a rookie but this is his first season as a regular and Mancini is as rookie as they come. Are you saying that vets should be held to the same standard? Is this your first time following hockey? Forget hockey, following sports?

The NHL is the last place where roster decisions are made objectively haha.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad