GDT: Game 5 | MIN @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I hope we cream these punks
HD-wallpaper-up-2009-pixar-old-man-disney.jpg

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
That’s good to hear from Jiricek. Hopefully is true, and notable as to whether or not he has an attitude issue. Even if he does, I think Evason is exactly the kind of coach he needs.
Jiricek makes me cringe just a bit. Aside from his camp believing he deserved to play last year, I think he has such a long ways to go skating wise to be effective consistently.

I'm not sure he's really "earned" anything at this point but perhaps he's referring to practice.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Jiricek makes me cringe just a bit. Aside from his camp believing he deserved to play last year, I think he has such a long ways to go skating wise to be effective consistently.

I'm not sure he's really "earned" anything at this point but perhaps he's referring to practice.
That's more than likely the case and that's where it's gonna be earned. Busting your ass in practice and in the weight room is the only place you can earn it when you're the 7/8th man.

Should he be in Cleveland? Yeah probably, but if its between Mateychuk or Jiricek, I'm glad Jiricek is up if only for the fact that they want to make sure Mateychuk is properly seasoned and conditioned before calling him up. It's pretty obvious if he can stay healthy he's gonna be an NHL pro, so let's make sure he's going to transition well both physically and mentally before bringing him up full time.

I do think Jiriceks style of play could actually work out well with Evason having the D play aggressively in the offensive zone. But Jiriceks style of play means he's gotta be able to get back after jumping in. If he can play confidently in both ends I think he could really excel, but that's entirely dependant on his skating and conditioning being on another level than we've seen. So we'll see...

Last edited:
Reactions: thebus88

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I’ll set the over/under at 10 minutes for Kuraly/JVR, and 13 minutes for Jiricek.

Need a better player with Fantilli. If it’s not going to be 1 of the Russians, it should probably be Pyyhtia at this point.

Pyyhtia deserves just as much praise as Provorov, Christiansen, Olivier etc, IMO.

Severson serving up that “crow” so far this year also, IMO. Never understood the “hate” for him.

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I like how Jiricek's English has progressed. Or rather, his style of speech has become a bit more americanized. Probably understands things pretty well now. Didn't come off too entitled either so that's good.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad