GDT: Game 5 | MIN @ CBJ | 7 PM EST

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Team didn't have any jump. On top of the injuries they looked like a team that had a long, emotional week... which is understandable.

Being 'kids opening night' there was quite a lot of kids in attendance. Normally no big deal, but I happened to get stuck next to a family who gave their kids their iphones with TikTok loudly playing on them - for the entire game. Fun times.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017

This is officially the most embarassing thing the CBJ has ever done. I expect to see this thing driving up and down the short north doing brewery hops;
They have been doing this in Cleveland for a couple seasons now. It's 55 bucks a person, you get a ticket, a beer if your old enough, a puck and video of your ride. You have to buy it in a package of 8 tickets. Just another revenue stream. I think a lot of AHL teams do this, not sure about the NHL.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Full credit to Minnesota for playing a hard-checking textbook road game, they gave us nothing for free offensively.
The Wild are a good veteran team. Not flashy, but, they have good structure and commitment from a team full of good two way players.

I'd keep Pyyhtia on the 2nd or 3rd line when some injured forwards are ready to join the lineup. I think he's got enough speed, consistent puck management and hockey sense to build chemistry with other skill guys.

Other than the continued development from the Russian’s and the “breakout” of KJ, Pyyhtia is probably the most surprisingly positive aspect I’ve taken away from the forwards to start the year.

I think you absolutely have to break up Chinakhov/Marchenko at this point, and I think Pyyhtia is probably just as good of an option as anybody to play on either of the “top 6” - Chinakhov/Monahan :: Fantilli/Marchenko, lines. Good, smart, TWO way player.
I wonder what are the key areas of focus and details in Fantilli's development plan this season (assuming there is a such plan). Aside from maybe not being a complete liability in d zone, so far he's looked as chaotic as ever, not really clicking with anyone offensively. Is he going to play center all year?

Fantilli’s linemates have been absolutely awful. Don’t get it. He can’t pass to these guys on the rush/in the neutral zone, and they aren’t good enough skaters or puck handlers to help sustain pressure or puck possession in the offensive zone. While he hasn’t looked great, the issue is CLEARLY his shit linemates.

imo

Also, I’d like to see Malatesta and Greaves at this point. And Brindley/Voronkov can’t come back soon enough.

This is officially the most embarassing thing the CBJ has ever done. I expect to see this thing driving up and down the short north doing brewery hops;
“Boomboni”

I’ll stand by this 100%, if it’s gateway to the return of the OG, Boomer!!

LJ7

#80 #13
Mar 19, 2021
Ohio
Brindley/Voronkov can’t come back soon enough.
Few better candidates to be Fantilli's wings than these two out of what we have here. Put those two with him and he would look like a different player.

Really hoping Johnson doesn't require surgery and gets back soonish. A middle 6 of Voronkov-Fantilli-Brindley and Pyythia-Sillinger-Johnson would be awesome. Then our current 1st line and the Aston-Reese powered 4th line would make for a lineup that can give about any team a hard time most nights. Then call up Mateychuk. With good goaltending that could be a team that pushes for a playoff spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad