GDT: GAME 5 | Lightning Strikes at the CTC | Saturday Oct 19th 2024, 1PM | SN, RDS

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Ice time distribution was solid too. Stu and Chucky were a touch off, they played a bit less. Bath was flying, his line played the most.

Same on defense. Sandy as usual at 26+. Chabot at 20, just less than Jensen.
Accountability?

Reactions: Dionysus

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Trade Norris… lol. When your good young centreman is finally healthy, you rejoice and enjoy the boost to the team, not trade him because ‘asset management’. So much of hockey, and any team anywhere, is what goes on between the ears. Norris’ resurgence is massive for this team’s play, but more importantly its psyche. It’s THE feel good story that all of his teammates, and he, need right now. I’m just happy to watch it unfold.

Another great effort against a good team. If we can keep doing this every night, it won’t be long before we start looking at our team as a good team (some of us already do).

Grieg is needed on a line with pinto. I like the top six, but Pinto needs a threat to go with Perron.

Go Sens, awesome win.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Accountability?

And enough scoring depth that there is the option to play other guys. Good to see.

Also liked seeing Stutzle find a way to contribute when things weren't clicking offensively. Laid some big hits, managed the puck pretty well.

Still things to improve. Needs to track back a bit harder, and change quicker. The physical element is great to see though. He's blowing guys up when he has a chance.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Chabot's only decent game this season by their model was the opener, when he was just OK. He's a complete albatross at this point. Borderline unplayable, let alone worth his 8M cap hit.

Unless things turn around, Staios' biggest offseason project will be trying to dump that contract.

He was dominant today, completely tilted the ice when he was on.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
When I found out Forsberg was starting I told my wife we were in for a beatdown given the way Vasi and Forsberg have been playing. I’m happy we got two points. We need to sort out this backup goalie situation.

Reactions: ColinM

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Scoring leaders - 3 in for tie at 11th place

Just Defense - look at Sandy go

Attachments

• IMG_3518.png
    IMG_3518.png
    143.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3519.png
    IMG_3519.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Flamingo and DrEasy

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Scoring leaders - 3 in for tie at 11th place

Just Defense - look at Sandy go

damn nice to see Sanderson be rewarded for his play.

hopefully it gives him confidence to explore his offensive game more. this guy is fantastic with the puck. I don't see why he couldn't go PPG.

he is starting to remind me of Alfredsson in that he just does not give up the puck and hates his team not having it. fast, strong, shooter, passer, dangler, puck rusher, puck protection.

like seriously what part of hockey does he not do well? Alfie was the same way.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Precisely why you keep him. Teams with two legit #1 C's have pretty good track records. The last 3 years of Norris's contact the Cap hit of 16M for 2 #1 C's will be very advantageous. With Sanderson's Cap included we could have the three most important positions on the team at great value.

That alone is worth the injury risk.

If Norris gets back to 2021-22 form (which was IMO a Suzuki level center), then it could change the whole potential of the current rebuild. We need this guy to stay healthy. Same for Chabot, 2 guys people have been complaining about but it's not like we can replace what they are/were just like that

I don't know that they're clearly better.

Starting Forsberg and playing Hamonic for 18 minutes was not by choice.

Yeah you take and RUN any win when you play FOUR (4) bottom-pairing/7th D-men PLUS a below average backup

And yeah, Tampa still has those elite players but we'll need them to decline as fast as possible to get better within our division. McDonagh is 35, Hedman is 34, Kucherov is 31, Guentzel and Vasy are 30, Paul is 29, even Point is 28... The sooner these guys decline a little, the better for us.

An argument I had a few times on the main boards. Norris obviously only shoots if he thinks he can score, he's not a volume shooter like Brady is.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Trade Norris… lol. When your good young centreman is finally healthy, you rejoice and enjoy the boost to the team, not trade him because ‘asset management’. So much of hockey, and any team anywhere, is what goes on between the ears. Norris’ resurgence is massive for this team’s play, but more importantly its psyche. It’s THE feel good story that all of his teammates, and he, need right now. I’m just happy to watch it unfold.

Do you remember Clarke MacArthur and when he came back for the 2017 playoff run after 2 seasons of concussions? Norris might be that boost for his teammates right now.

Rationally you'd want to move the risk but we'd never get value for him so we might as well cross our fingers and hope he stays healthy going forward.

He was dominant today, completely tilted the ice when he was on.

What I am noticing is this :

56.87 CA/60 (54th/167 D-men)
2.09 xGA/60 (32nd/167 D-men)

Settling down his defensive game was important this season, to be at the level it was in 2021-22. Maybe Jensen helps a bit even though he put them in a really bad spot several times today. Hopefully just a bad game. We also haven't been really lucky with injuries as Zub, Greig and Ullmark missed most games, 3 very important players for our overall defensive game.

I'd personally go like this :

Sanderson - Jensen
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - JBD

But to be fair, didn't mind Hamonic at all the last 2 games. Obviously, playing with Jake changes everything

I think Chabot can bring a lot more offensively still but like Norris and Stutzle, he needs to round out into form as well.

But yeah, like Spezza back then, the damage is done and the biases will be very hard to undo.

Last edited:

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Do you remember Clarke MacArthur and when he came back for the 2017 playoff run after 2 seasons of concussions? Norris might be that boost for his teammates right now.

Rationally you'd want to move the risk but we'd never get value for him so we might as well cross our fingers and hope he stays healthy going forward.

What I am noticing is this :

56.87 CA/60 (54th/167 D-men)
2.09 xGA/60 (32nd/167 D-men)

Settling down his defensive game was important this season, to be at the level it was in 2021-22. Maybe Jensen helps a bit even though he put them in a really bad spot several times today. Hopefully just a bad game. We also haven't been really lucky with injuries as Zub, Greig and Ullmark missed most games, 3 very important players for our overall defensive game.

I'd personally go like this :

Sanderson - Jensen
Chabot - Zub
Kleven - JBD

But to be fair, didn't mind Hamonic at all the last 2 games. Obviously, playing with Jake changes everything

I think Chabot can bring a lot more offensively still but like Norris and Stutzle, he needs to round out into form as well.

But yeah, like Spezza back then, the damage is done and the biases will be very hard to undo.
What bias? Chabot has not been good and hasn't been for a while.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Can you? And save money, I can't recall what the rule is
If a player has a Cap Hit greater than the Buried Threshold, if they are sent to AHL the team's Cap Hit is the player Cap Hit - Buried Threshold. The Buried Threshold is as follows:

2024-25: $775,000 + $375,000 = $1,150,000

Forsberg salary 2,750,000 - 1,150,000 = $1,600,000 cap hit.

BUT, the Senators currently only have $911,230 of cap space.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
Norris is our #1 C. Stutzle can't be considered our #1 C at 18.5% on FO. I mean he only took 3 FO tonight. Is he even a C?

Last edited:

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Good game. Zero passengers. Fans complaining about breakdowns are hillarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad