GDT: GAME 5 | Lightning Strikes at the CTC | Saturday Oct 19th 2024, 1PM | SN, RDS

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Have been and still am a big Norris fan. Would be sad if he was traded. That said, I completely agree. Now would be a good time. However. If he stays healthy for the first half, teams will be tempted. He's a legit 1C...IF he stays healthy
Precisely why you keep him. Teams with two legit #1 C's have pretty good track records. The last 3 years of Norris's contact the Cap hit of 16M for 2 #1 C's will be very advantageous. With Sanderson's Cap included we could have the three most important positions on the team at great value.

That alone is worth the injury risk.

Reactions: Erik Alfredsson

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Great win against a clearly better team

Classic "bend but not break" at a few moments

They had to keep it close and they not only did they, they won

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
A bit analogous to riding a hot streak at the roulette table. You can walk away with something or put it all on red...
If you wanted to trade him when he was injured, you should want to trade hime even more now. He's still not playing at his previous higest level.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
Big + would be the entire fans after the game is done saying Stu and Brady were our hardest workers tonight. Like actually hustle all over the ice all night.

Giroux’s PP giveaway and his lack of effort tracking back, he actually stopped after he started his back heck and threw his head back - if you want to know why Ottawa is losing it’s all their on that play. They aren’t ready for their shifts, hustle isn’t engrained in them, feeling sorry for yourself is still a part of their game.

Hustle and our highest paid being our hardest working. That’s how you win, it’s no secret. It’s what worked here with Alfie and Hossa, and it’s what has always worked
There's a reason they're both HHOFamers. Their skill and compete levels were off the charts.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
How much did you win?
1729371232639.png

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Also nice to have a owner rich enough that he can buy off refs lol.

The Paul slashing and Hagel non slash call was hard to believe. Like how lol

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
No arguments here.

Best lineup of Cs in franchise history. Not sure if that’s impressive or sad. ;)

Spezza-Fisher-Vermette maybe?
Vermette didn't play C for us. Kelly did. Vermette took most of the faceoffs though.

You're right though, that's it's probably that year:

Spezza
Smolinski
Fisher
Kelly

down the middle that year.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Norris playing like old Norris is a gamebreaker.

Also Hamonic with a 2nd good game in a row. Have to give props.

Hell yeah, told you all nobody believed me look at my boy now! Him and Batherson looks to be the team’s best duo and adding Giroux really makes this line click.

Great win, Forsarghh made some key saves when it mattered to end it. Go Sens Go, owners of the Tampa Bay Lightning!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Solid W.

Don't you ever love to see games like that from the Drake. What a force he can be when he's on.

That was also one of the best all-around games I've seen Stutzle play. Dangerous offensively, laid some big hits, a few steals, no stupid turnovers and lots of smart defensive plays. Karlsson-esque with his presence all over the ice.

Hopefully the team continues to improve defensively and Ullmark joins the team at a perfect time to go on a streak and get some momentum going.

Reactions: Emrasie

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Great win against a clearly better team

Classic "bend but not break" at a few moments

They had to keep it close and they not only did they, they won
I thought we were the better team. With Ullmark in net that is a 5-2 win against a top #3 goalie in the league.

I'll say it again, Norris is key to the playoffs. He needs to drive that 2nd line scoring to give us any chance. I'm impressed with Green taking the initiative and going Giroux - Norris - Batherson

Reactions: Emrasie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad