GDT: GAME 5 | Lightning Strikes at the CTC | Saturday Oct 19th 2024, 1PM | SN, RDS

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Yes, Ullmark & Zub will help. Given the efficiency our PP, I’d rather they take fewer penalties than their opponents and take advantage of the situation with goals. So, I’d rather they play a smart game & strategy versus get hyper focused on being tough.
I like teams that play a solid defensive game, have the skillset to score at ES and on the PP, and play a tough physical game. Playoff style hockey.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I like teams that play a solid defensive game, have the skillset to score at ES and on the PP, and play a tough physical game. Playoff style hockey.
Sure, I agree. But, you got to leverage your greatest strength to advantage. So far, our PP has been on fire, so getting some PP goals is really helping us get those Ws.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Don't think Stuetzle and Tkachuk will have the same impact as Sanderson does for the team on the ice. He is hands down the best player for any position on the team. Unreal watching him break up rushes and cycles and his patience with making smart high IQ plays.

He is underpaid.
He is well-paid at this point in his career. When he reaches Norris level he will be underpaid; he is not there yet but I think he will get there as he is a great skater, knows how to play D, handles the puck well and seems to make smart plays virtually all the time. The offence is going to come; perhaps as early as this season.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I just checked the 4 player rankings by notable publications. All of them have Stützle and Tkachuk ahead... it's a fairly consensus view outside of the fanbase.

Publications are written months ago and are inherently conservative.

He’s beating Owen Power in a pool decisively.

The secret is out.

Sorry Pitchfork fans.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I still recall fondly the Pizza Line days where winning games was so much easier. We had top of the league offence, some Ds who could play very physical, plus some Fs who could take care of the dirty business.
The top line was filthy. You take a penalty, you're down a goal.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Publications are written months ago.

He’s beating Owen Power in a pool decisively.

The secret is out.

Sorry Pitchfork fans.

I think you are wrong, about the perception of people outside the fanbase. Correct that Sanderson is the best player.

Brady and Timmy both being on pace for 100pts isn't going to help change people who don't watch all the games minds.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think you are wrong, about the perception of people outside the fanbase. Correct that Sanderson is the best player.

Brady and Timmy both being on pace for 100pts isn't going to help change people who don't watch all the games minds.

They may be slow to figure it out but it’s already happening.

This is a Leafs site btw.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
That can’t be right?

14 goals is our lowest consecutive 3 games GA?

Since 2016-2017?
I might have worded that poorly, my bad. What I meant was that I feel that was our best defending over a 3-game stretch since that season - only that it has been somewhat understated due to poor goalie play.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I might have worded that poorly, my bad. What I meant was that I feel that was our best defending over a 3-game stretch since that season - only that it has been somewhat understated due to poor goalie play.

That's a pretty impressive compartmentalized memory you have! ;)

Personally, I think we're still a bit wobbly and sloppy in defence.

Our goaltending has been poor but I wouldn't call our team defence stellar.

Reactions: BigRig4

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
Big win. Forsberg was clutch at the end but that short side goal he gave up to Guentzel can't happen. Thought Giroux was excellent (finally). I was beginning to worry. On the other hand, I am not liking Amadio or Perron. Neither are playing fast enough to make things happen.

Loving Norris. So great to see him play like a number one center. Knock on wood.

Tampa is still formidable. . They have firepower and Vasi in net. I was hoping they would take a step back but it doesn't look like it

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
I remember saying that this is precisely when you have to trade him.

Tough to pull the trigger when he's actually delivering though.

I know the shoulder is a worry but you don't trade Norris for anything less then overpayment.

This team is SO much better with three good C's...

Reactions: PlayersLtd

vandelay

Nov 3, 2022
I remember saying that this is precisely when you have to trade him.

Tough to pull the trigger when he's actually delivering though.
Have been and still am a big Norris fan. Would be sad if he was traded. That said, I completely agree. Now would be a good time. However. If he stays healthy for the first half, teams will be tempted. He's a legit 1C...IF he stays healthy

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Big win. Forsberg was clutch at the end but that short side goal he gave up to Guentzel can't happen. Thought Giroux was excellent (finally). I was beginning to worry. On the other hand, I am not liking Amadio or Perron. Neither are playing fast enough to make things happen.

Loving Norris. So great to see him play like a number one center. Knock on wood.

Tampa is still formidable. . They have firepower and Vasi in net. I was hoping they would take a step back but it doesn't look like it
I think Amadio has been good. Agree with Perron.

Reactions: gab6511

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
No arguments here.

Best lineup of Cs in franchise history. Not sure if that’s impressive or sad. ;)

Spezza-Fisher-Vermette maybe?

I think these guys have a bit more offensive potential across the board.

In terms of potencial if they can play healthy seasons together I think that Stützle-Norris-Pinto are way ahead.

In terms of actual achievement is much closer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad