GDT: GAME 5 | Lightning Strikes at the CTC | Saturday Oct 19th 2024, 1PM | SN, RDS

Stutzlaaaa

Dec 18, 2021
It looks better than ever lmao.
Exactly pp looks well coached , more shooting less hesitation. Not looking for pretty play but more the best play play at the right moment. Also more cohesion this year between our top guys might be because they played a lot together now and the fact that Sanderson is great d to have at the top of the umbrella

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We just can't do it easily - like ever.
I still recall fondly the Pizza Line days where winning games was so much easier. We had top of the league offence, some Ds who could play very physical, plus some Fs who could take care of the dirty business.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Good game. Shots were about the same Ottawa 28 Tampa 29. Pretty good for playing Tampa who are playing very well at this time.

When Ullmark and Zub come back we should be in close low scoring games. Greig will help the offence and add some peskiness. Greig replacing Gaudette will up the physical game for us. We still need to augment the D. Kleven is playing very well and he seems to be starting to play more physical. Nice to see. We still need more physical play from our soft players D and other players (e.g., JBD, Chabot, Gaudette).

Senators at 6 points in 5 games are trending towards becoming a playoff team.
I didn't mind gaudette this game but can see how he'd be out when Greig returns

Hate to mix the lines now though

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
Didn't think Forsberg played all that poorly. The third goal was weak as hell, but outside of that he did fine. There was nothing he could do on Kucherovs goal, and the other two were on the defense/forwards, not him. He made some key saves, not just in the last few minutes, but earlier on as well.

It wasn't a great game by him by any standards, but not bad either. Kind of average actually. A botched coverage on one goal, the miscommunication with Stützle on the powerplay, that's the negative side, on the plus side he had a bunch of good saves, especially on Kucherov. The rest of the time he made the stops without much fuss. If you get great team-defense in front of that, there is no issue. If the team botches defense, you get scored on. Not a performance that carries a team to victory, but not one that costs it either.

Actually poor goaltending is something else entirely.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Good game. Shots were about the same Ottawa 28 Tampa 29. Pretty good for playing Tampa who are playing very well at this time.

When Ullmark and Zub come back we should be in close low scoring games. Greig will help the offence and add some peskiness. Greig replacing Gaudette will up the physical game for us. We still need to augment the D. Kleven is playing very well and he seems to be starting to play more physical. Nice to see. We still need more physical play from our soft players D and other players (e.g., JBD, Chabot, Gaudette).

Senators at 6 points in 5 games are trending towards becoming a playoff team.
Yes, Ullmark & Zub will help. Given the efficiency our PP, I’d rather they take fewer penalties than their opponents and take advantage of the situation with goals. So, I’d rather they play a smart game & strategy versus get hyper focused on being tough.

IpsoPostFacto

No opinions, just reactions
Dec 17, 2017
I still recall fondly the Pizza Line days where winning games was so much easier. We had top of the league offence, some Ds who could play very physical, plus some Fs who could take care of the dirty business.
I recall fondly, a HNIC setup where they talked about how the sens walked into other rinks with a swagger. Winning was expected, the only question was by how much. good times.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Exactly pp looks well coached , more shooting less hesitation. Not looking for pretty play but more the best play play at the right moment. Also more cohesion this year between our top guys might be because they played a lot together now and the fact that Sanderson is great d to have at the top of the umbrella
I still see too much static stationary play passing the puck around the perimeter on the PP. We need to implement more player movement attacking the net to create space and open lanes.

Reactions: Oduyanow

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
"One of". Don't forget Stutzle and Tkachuk. Likely will have to add Ullmark too if he ever gets and remains healthy.
Don't think Stuetzle and Tkachuk will have the same impact as Sanderson does for the team on the ice. He is hands down the best player for any position on the team. Unreal watching him break up rushes and cycles and his patience with making smart high IQ plays.

He is underpaid.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
1729368447946.gif

Reactions: Cosmix

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad