GDT: Game 5 | Leafs @ Bruins | COME BACK BEGINS - WAKE UP EDITION | Tuesday, Apr. 30 7 p.m. EST | Leafs trail series 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The leafiest thing to happen is wining the next two and then getting blown out in game 7. Which is likely what will happen. The leafiest thing is always what happens.

However…. I can also see Woll letting in a weak goal early and the weakling leaf core just give up.

Reactions: glue and Jmo89

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
@PromisedLand :

This GDT is the best thing to happen this playoffs.

I’m just waiting for it to be over.

This playoff has been the least disappointing of all the others because there is no surprise here, and there wasn’t going to be a surprise when Keefe was brought back.

Leaf Nation also knew. Seen any Leaf flags on cars this year? Or even last year?

Remember when they were everywhere when it was Quinn’s Leafs in the playoffs?

Sadly, I haven’t bothered putting up the car flags or the one on the flagpole in years…

I am more interested in this off-season and it will have a direct impact on much I do or don’t give a crap next season.

First time in over 40 years of loving this team I’ve felt this way but I can’t stand this iteration of this team.
This off-season has to be different or they may not sell tickets and won’t sell as much merch next year. Fans may not be as willing to travel to road games either.

Reactions: PromisedLand

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
That was more of a fad than anything else.

I remember racing home from Barrie for Game 6 of the Flyers when I opened my window up without thinking and watched my flag blow down the 400.

Good times
lol.

Did it myself more times than I want to remember.

I recall seeing a shit ton of flags during the Raptors 2019 run.

I think it’s telling. Folks have them, they just don’t put them on……

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
When Tre has a coach lined up Keefe is a goner. It’s only a matter of time.

Brodie on the ice for Game 4 was ridiculous. I’ll laugh my ass off if Brodie is on for game 5.

Keefe is incapable icing the best team.
Sure, and I will watch his last game whenever that is.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
lol.

Did it myself more times than I want to remember.

I recall seeing a shit ton of flags during the Raptors 2019 run.

I think it’s telling. Folks have them, they just don’t put them on……
Mine has been in the trunk of my car since game 3 against Florida.

No point in putting it on - it's actually uncomfortable telling everyone that you support a team that has no interest in rewarding your loyalty.

Reactions: ClarkSittler

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
The leafiest thing to happen is wining the next two and then getting blown out in game 7. Which is likely what will happen. The leafiest thing is always what happens.

However…. I can also see Woll letting in a weak goal early and the weakling leaf core just give up.
It’s an elimination game and they have a history of letting in weak goals in elimination games.
What’s even more Leafier, have a couple of goals overturned, a la TB last night, a controversial penalty that leads to a Boston ppg and they lose 4-1.

• Haha

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
@PromisedLand :

This playoff has been the least disappointing of all the others because there is no surprise here, and there wasn’t going to be a surprise when Keefe was brought back.

Leaf Nation also knew. Seen any Leaf flags on cars this year? Or even last year?

Sadly, I haven’t bothered putting up the car flags or the one on the flagpole in years…

I am more interested in this off-season and it will have a direct impact on much I do or don’t give a crap next season.

First time in over 40 years of loving this team I’ve felt this way but I can’t stand this iteration of this team.

I hear ya man. I am absolutely frustrated too.

Perfect season obviously be Leafs winning the cup but that seems to be difficult this season unless a miracle happens. That said, I still would like to see us beat Boston (can't keep losing to those guys); and then Keefe gets canned anyway and there are some moves. its as close to perfect as it can be LOL :laugh:

Reactions: Cleetus

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
@PromisedLand :

When your team is 1-1 and you're always started to throw player under the bus, can you really expect something else?

leafs playoff success start with fan base whos right now is looking like 1 of worst fan base in the world. Bashing his own team unstead of support them, after people dont understand why home ice becoming an handicap unstead of a tool for leafs and why leafs lost like 12 of last 16 home game?

Did you see any leafs player actually having fun in playoff ? When you're only feeling the pressure with no pleasure on the ice, you've got the result coming with.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I just want to troll the F outta the mains and bruins fans there. Just gotta find a way to win the series. I mean chances are less than 10% but its not 0% and I'll take that :laugh:
Yeah for me I think pissing off all those asshole Leaf haters would be the best part about them pulling off a comeback

• Love

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Navigating HF at work is a bigger problem than core 4 not showing up :laugh:

So many freakin' adds and I don't have admin rights to make the browser work how I want or use the browser I want lol

• Haha
Reactions: Cleetus and OddyOh

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
The odds of us winning 3 straight games against Boston is higher than MTL winning 3 straight games against us in 2021
Obviously you didn't understand my post.
What are/were the odds of each occurring?

Reactions: Sniper99

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
When your team is 1-1 and you're always started to throw player under the bus, can you really expect something else?

leafs playoff success start with fan base whos right now is looking like 1 of worst fan base in the world. Bashing his own team unstead of support them, after people dont understand why home ice becoming an handicap unstead of a tool for leafs and why leafs lost like 12 of last 16 home game?

Did you see any leafs player actually having fun in playoff ? When you're only feeling the pressure with no pleasure on the ice, you've got the result coming with.

Blaming the fans instead of the precious core players. Give me a break. The arena was rocking on Saturday, but the Leafs laid an egg. What do you want the fans to do? What a crock.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Two way street. The fans know the team has been consistently the 10th-16th ranked team of those making the playoffs, they are boring to watch and are very predictable. They’ve been outplayed in 11 of the past 15 playoff games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad