Stoke me a clipper.
cut.jpg

Nice to see Hanifin back in practice.

Go Flam. Win gaem.

wQ2gHqA.gif

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Hopefully a game against his old team gets Lindy going. We need him to be a lot better. Also a strong outing for Markstrom would be good.

GFG

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Noah hanifin is either Scott niedermayer to flames fans or hot trash. No in between
What? No

Noah Hanifin is Scott Niedermayer to some cultists and a possible trading chip to everyone else

He's a good top pairing defenseman but he's not a number one and probably never will be. His current contract is great for what he brings but he'll want a significant raise in a couple of years when like half the team need new contracts. Does anyone actually want Hanifin for 7M, 8M+ signed to an 8 year deal?

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
What? No

Noah Hanifin is Scott Niedermayer to some cultists and a possible trading chip to everyone else

He's a good top pairing defenseman but he's not a number one and probably never will be. His current contract is great for what he brings but he'll want a significant raise in a couple of years when like half the team need new contracts. Does anyone actually want Hanifin for 7M, 8M+ signed to an 8 year deal?
Us fans who don’t want to trade him don’t believe he’s Scott Neidermayer, we just find this train of thought baffling. You said yourself he is a good top pair defenseman, so you want to trade him because he probably won’t become better than a top pair defenseman? Why not just keep the good top pair defenseman?

Our team pretty much just established our new “Gio Cap” with Weegar, it would be hard for Hanifin to justify making more than him on his new contract unless he proves to be significantly better over the next 2 seasons.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
What? No

I was being hyperbolic. The point is that he’s very polarizing when the truth is in the middle.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hanifin's probably playing through an injury. He's been missing practices since the beginning of the season

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Us fans who don’t want to trade him don’t believe he’s Scott Neidermayer, we just find this train of thought baffling. You said yourself he is a good top pair defenseman, so you want to trade him because he probably won’t become better than a top pair defenseman? Why not just keep the good top pair defenseman?

Our team pretty much just established our new “Gio Cap” with Weegar, it would be hard for Hanifin to justify making more than him on his new contract unless he proves to be significantly better over the next 2 seasons.
? Weegar got 6.25M after hitting a career high of 44 points. Hanifin hit 48 in the same season. I'd be surprised if his camp didn't use Weegar's contract as the floor for his new deal.

Why consider trading him? Because they're holes elsewhere on the roster, defense is a relative strength, Hanifin holds probably the second best value amongst Flames defensemen, & to acquire a big salaried player, a similarly big salaried player would have to move out.

I was being hyperbolic. The point is that he’s very polarizing when the truth is in the middle.

But he's not polarizing. He's a good player that's brought up in fan made trade proposals leading to his cultists losing their minds and creating a myth that some people are just haters.

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
Big test for the boys tonight, need a strong start and some big saves from Marky mark, let's get the win!!!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Valimaki not working out as well as thought and now not even with the organization I think has made Hanifin less expendable than he was. We saw what top 4 Zadorov looked like last game, and while he did score a goal that's not something I'm too keen on being a regular thing. Who knows where Kylington is and Mackey I can't see ever being much more than a bottom pairing guy, if he's even going to be that.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
? Weegar got 6.25M after hitting a career high of 44 points. Hanifin hit 48 in the same season. I'd be surprised if his camp didn't use Weegar's contract as the floor for his new deal.

Why consider trading him? Because they're holes elsewhere on the roster, defense is a relative strength, Hanifin holds probably the second best value amongst Flames defensemen, & to acquire a big salaried player, a similarly big salaried player would have to move out.

But he's not polarizing. He's a good player that's brought up in fan made trade proposals leading to his cultists losing their minds and creating a myth that some people are just haters.
Weegar got 6.25 for the caliber of player is, contracts aren’t just based off counting stats. I challenge you to find a single poster that will corroborate Hanifin was a better player than Weegar last year, especially with his 8th place finish in Norris voting. We are literally seeing them on the same team this year and you won’t find anyone telling you Hanifin is better currently either. That’s where the benchmark is set, whether Hanifin can turn into a better defenseman than Weegar is.

I would rather have holes on the wing than holes on defense, and I would rather have defense be a strength than at wing. Defense are right there with centers for the impact they have on the game. People who don’t want Hanifin traded are of the same line of thought.

Back on topic of the game though, Calgary hopefully comes out with a vengeance after playing down to Buffalo last night.

Reactions: flames23

23Monahan

Jul 2, 2018
There's a big save, common markstrom let's see some more of that and facking tighten up in front of him boys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad