GDT: Game 5: Devils @ Hurricanes | 7:00 p.m. on TNT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I haven't caught up with this thread, so my apologies if someone already brought this up, but...

Starting with the 2002 playoffs, the Hurricanes have been in the playoffs 8 times, and they have made it to the Eastern Conference Final 5 of those years. Only 3 times have they not made it there, which were the 3 previous years to this. A 5-3 record of making it to the semis is good, right?

We haven't reached the promised land much, but when we do, we make the most of it.

EDIT: Math is hard, and I got beat to the info…again. 😕

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Gotta Love this with Dougie *Roddy!!
With all the Injuries and player losses,
it shows that core team is strong as well as the 'Team System.'

I was happy to see this given the shit some of our fans give Dougie. He's got his flaws, but I still love him and what he meant to this team. Even so, we're on to bigger and better things now.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I was happy to see this given the shit some of our fans give Dougie. He's got his flaws, but I still love him and what he meant to this team. Even so, we're on to bigger and better things now.

Same.

Dougie was traded here and left as a UFA. No hard feelings from me. Thanks for helping turn the ship around Dougie!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
giphy.gif

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
This game shows how huge of a pickup Burns was. Not only the goal but he was flying out there defensively too. Already has had way more of an impact here (positively) than Dougie or TDA and I did like both of those guys. Such a steal by the Borg and hopefully he can have a Chelios like career…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad