GDT: Game 5: Devils @ Hurricanes | 7:00 p.m. on TNT

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Meier has awoken in NJ

In response to Timo Meier’s précis, I would like to offer the following opposing points. The following arguments will underline why I say that I feel no more personal hatred for Meier than I might feel for a herd of wild animals or a cluster of poisonous reptiles. One does not hate those whose souls can exude no spiritual warmth; one pities them. The simple, regrettable truth is that I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can’t say that I’m 100% true to this, but Meier’s frequent vacillating leads me to believe that he does not content himself with putting the foxes in charge of guarding the henhouse. Rather, Meier seeks to erode constitutional principles that have shaped our society and remain at the core of our freedom and liberty. If he does, that will be the end of the general public knowing that he doubtlessly believes that his crimes are victimless. What kind of Humpty-Dumpty world is he living in? The cynic in me says that the answer has to do with the fact that his gloomy, loquacious propositions are guaranteed to make me take the coward’s path and do nothing to stop him from elevating bossy, liberticidal rascals to the sublime. That is not up for debate. I will, however, invite discussion on my hypothesis that ancient Greek dramatists discerned a peculiar virtue in being tragic. Meier would do well to realize that they never discerned any virtue in being wily. Let me close by remarking that if I have succeeded, as I hope and believe I have, in presenting such a combination of facts and arguments as has demonstrated the propriety of pulling back the curtains on Timo Meier’s fulminations and showing them for what they really are, I shall regard it as evidence complete that these lines have been judiciously penned.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
In response to Timo Meier’s précis, I would like to offer the following opposing points. The following arguments will underline why I say that I feel no more personal hatred for Meier than I might feel for a herd of wild animals or a cluster of poisonous reptiles. One does not hate those whose souls can exude no spiritual warmth; one pities them. The simple, regrettable truth is that I strive to be consistent in my arguments. I can’t say that I’m 100% true to this, but Meier’s frequent vacillating leads me to believe that he does not content himself with putting the foxes in charge of guarding the henhouse. Rather, Meier seeks to erode constitutional principles that have shaped our society and remain at the core of our freedom and liberty. If he does, that will be the end of the general public knowing that he doubtlessly believes that his crimes are victimless. What kind of Humpty-Dumpty world is he living in? The cynic in me says that the answer has to do with the fact that his gloomy, loquacious propositions are guaranteed to make me take the coward’s path and do nothing to stop him from elevating bossy, liberticidal rascals to the sublime. That is not up for debate. I will, however, invite discussion on my hypothesis that ancient Greek dramatists discerned a peculiar virtue in being tragic. Meier would do well to realize that they never discerned any virtue in being wily. Let me close by remarking that if I have succeeded, as I hope and believe I have, in presenting such a combination of facts and arguments as has demonstrated the propriety of pulling back the curtains on Timo Meier’s fulminations and showing them for what they really are, I shall regard it as evidence complete that these lines have been judiciously penned.
IMG_4891.gif

I still Liked your Post though, of course

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
This is ridiculous. Second straight game 5 where we seem to not match the other teams desperation.

If we lose this game I won't like our chances in this series. That's just me. The Deviils aren't the Islanders and may end up coming back in this series.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad