GDT: Game 5: Boston vs. Montreal 10 May 2014 |7 PM| CBC, NBCSN, RDS, 98.5 | Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto
Eller call was a dive. Been doing it all series, and they've been calling it all series. I initially thought that Bart's penalty at the end was a pure dive. Yeah, subban dove to sell it. But, Bart cannot, not, take his hand off the stick and give the ref's any reason. Looking at the gif here, he did. You just know they're looking for it. Cooked us in game 1 in OT, and had that been earlier in the game, he could have cooked us tonight, too. I'm sorry they got anything positive at all at the end of the 3rd. You want them sucking on a big mouthful of doubt.

Habs fans love that stuff. That's what their culture has become. They think it's great, part of the game, and wait for, "AH HAH!" moments when any other team follows suit to justify their own ****** baggary.

You almost feel sorry for them.

Emphasis on almost.

Yes I agree Bart has to learn to hit like Miller , shoulder first, keep you hands on the stick, does not detract from the way Eller plays, he just grabs your stick, pushes it into his body then flops, you have to literally take your hand out of your glove to make him look foolish... and you are right Habs fans want to move Eller to top line because he created 2 penalties and according to them was a "beast"

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sorry, I don't know how you can put Marchand in Krejci's category of utter suckage right now. At least Marchand is getting some chances.

Every time Krejci and his line are on the ice, the ice gets tilted towards their end. And in their end, I cannot remember the last time I saw Krejci win a battle. If they make the redline, it's a victory right now.

Brutal.

I thought Brad had a decent game. Not sure what is up with DK.

Looch was great tonight as was Loui and Yeti.

Bizarro Bandwagoner

Jan 30, 2010
Maine
TSN whining about Thornton. "Potentially dangerous", "pure idiocy".

I'm not gonna miss these pandering ****s AT ALL next season.

Potentially dangerous? Give me a ****ing break. I could see idiocy maybe. I hope they never make fun of the southern markets and their fans because these Canadian "experts" sound ridiculous.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Wait, what exactly did Thornton do that was dangerous? Must have been at the end of the game as i hopped in the shower after Loui scored to make it 4-1.

Edit: The water bottle thing? ****ing really? Give me a break.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Very good game! We really needed a solid regulation win. Hopefully we can carry this momentum!

Soderberg was a MONSTER. Wow, are we a bunch of lucky ducks. For that price?? Boy oh boy! Keep it coming, Yeti! Loui was also fantastic. His goal was wonderful and had a great pass to Yeti. Lovin the Swedes!

Looch had an awesome game - so physical! He just needed Subban to rile him up. Keep it going Looch.

Krejci improved slightly, but was still basically invisible. Sigh. With Looch riding the train right now he needs a good center to feed him the puck. If Krejci had been on his game, Looch could have gotten a goal or two. I really think Krejci is hurt. He is so cautious and non-physical. Very unlike him. We shall see.

On another note, Happy Birthday Brad! Yep, Marchy is officially 26. Maybe for his birthday, he can do some shooting practice. Had a really rough first period, but did improve by the end. Thought he had a goal a couple times there. He just needs to keep putting the puck on goal and helping out Bergy and Smitty, the goals will come eventually.

Overall, great game. Let's keep it up. 1 more!!

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
For as big a wimp Subban acted like, i'll give him credit. He was the only guy who actually played a full 60 for the Habs, despite a couple uncharacteristic mistakes.

He probably did what he did to fire his team up. Which obviously didn't work all too well.

He fired up the B's too. Shown on tv how he was yapping to the B's bench, and how riled up Lucic got. Not coincidence he was a human freight train out there tonight.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Very true. A good topic for DGB's regular "what's the hockey community outraged about now?" feature. :laugh:

Ladyfan's comment about Subban mouthing off to the Bruins bench several times makes me wonder if Thornton does what he did if Subban had kept his yap shut and just played hockey.

I'm sure it was a direct response to him yapping at the bench. I know younger fans don't believe it. But there really was a time in this game where if you talked the talk, sometimes you had to walk the walk.

Not anymore. He's not going to back it up. So Thorty gave him another reason to stay away from the bench.

Ironically, my son did the same thing the other day w/ his sister while I was cleaning our deck. She didn't whine, didn't cry, no dive. Went full windmill on him. Therefore apparently not habs material.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
One day Subban will be taken to task for his antics. He doesn't want any of Lucic but someone, somewhere WILL take him on it.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
The "Seguin" line was electric for the second night in a row. Plain and simple, the Habs don't have an answer for it. They hit quite a few posts earlier in the series, and now with Fraser in, they are converting.

I want to dub it the Seguin line because all 3 guys benefited from Segs. Fraser and Loui got traded for him, and Soderberg got the 3rd line center because Segs left. Love it boys! :handclap:

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Very good game! We really needed a solid regulation win. Hopefully we can carry this momentum!

Soderberg was a MONSTER. Wow, are we a bunch of lucky ducks. For that price?? Boy oh boy! Keep it coming, Yeti! Loui was also fantastic. His goal was wonderful and had a great pass to Yeti. Lovin the Swedes!

Looch had an awesome game - so physical! He just needed Subban to rile him up. Keep it going Looch.

Krejci improved slightly, but was still basically invisible. Sigh. With Looch riding the train right now he needs a good center to feed him the puck. If Krejci had been on his game, Looch could have gotten a goal or two. I really think Krejci is hurt. He is so cautious and non-physical. Very unlike him. We shall see.

On another note, Happy Birthday Brad! Yep, Marchy is officially 26. Maybe for his birthday, he can do some shooting practice. Had a really rough first period, but did improve by the end. Thought he had a goal a couple times there. He just needs to keep putting the puck on goal and helping out Bergy and Smitty, the goals will come eventually.

Overall, great game. Let's keep it up. 1 more!!

I hope Krejci isn't hurt and is just having a tough time against Montreal.Not concerned as long as we get by Montreal.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I hope Krejci isn't hurt and is just having a tough time against Montreal.Not concerned as long as we get by Montreal.

Very true! As people have been mentioning Krejci tends to struggle against Montreal, so it could be that. Or he could just be having a tough go of it, who knows! But all will be forgiven when we get rid of the Habs and Krejci leads the team in points next series, right Krejci? :laugh:

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
LMAO! jumping up and down like an idiot wanting the puck. What a fool. Then celly'd like he just did something. Uh, PK.....Down by 2 still..

He reminds me of a 10 year youth hockey player ..........grow the hell up you showoff.
Hey everybody its me .........me...........me.........look at me.
Freaking loser

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
I thought Brad had a decent game. Not sure what is up with DK.

Looch was great tonight as was Loui and Yeti.

Just a bad match up for him. Not giving up on him, hate piling on guys when they're down, DK's given us a lot. But we need better than this. Has to come through. Usually somehow he and Looch always do. Huge goal by Iggy.

Marshy has to bury his chances, too. But, at least he's been a threat. Watching this a second time, Brad also has to keep his head. Introduced Emelin to his armpit in the 3rd, and by the grace of god, they let it go. Looked outside to see if the sky was falling.

Must have been a fun night. ;)

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Wait, what exactly did Thornton do that was dangerous? Must have been at the end of the game as i hopped in the shower after Loui scored to make it 4-1.

Edit: The water bottle thing? ****ing really? Give me a break.

Yep..in the main board there are over 10 pages about it...I said Wow...10 pages on water? And post got deleted...:laugh:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just a bad match up for him. Not giving up on him, hate piling on guys when they're down, DK's given us a lot. But we need better than this. Has to come through. Usually somehow he and Looch always do. Huge goal by Iggy.

Marshy has to bury his chances, too. But, at least he's been a threat. Watching this a second time, Brad also has to keep his head. Introduced Emelin to his armpit in the 3rd, and by the grace of god, they let it go. Looked outside to see if the sky was falling.

Must have been a fun night. ;)

Yes it was :D

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
For as big a wimp Subban acted like, i'll give him credit. He was the only guy who actually played a full 60 for the Habs, despite a couple uncharacteristic mistakes.

He probably did what he did to fire his team up. Which obviously didn't work all too well.

Seriously? He's the most high risk/high reward player in the NHL. I'd hardly say his mistakes are uncharacteristic.

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013

No...

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Typical Steve Simmons ( TSN and Toronto Sun ) garbage:

steve simmons ‏@simmonssteve
Somebody spit at PK Subban from the Bruins bench. That is disgraceful.

And then he backtracks.....sort of:

Water bottle - spit - doesn't matter. Disgraceful disrespectful act from Bruins bench. Especially considering the history.

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan

Water bottle - spit - doesn't matter. Disgraceful disrespectful act from Bruins bench. Especially considering the history.

I laughed when I read that.....

boston77

Jul 8, 2004
Toronto

Steve Simmons ..say no more... it seems to me this Water bottle gate is a distraction for the fan base because they are one win away from booking tee times....

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
I love how the story that comes out of this game is all about some ******* getting splashed with water and not that the Bruins played one hell of a game to grab a series lead.

W.A.T.E.R. The nemesis of the Montreal Canadiens. Who knew.

The Special K

Hoss MOFO, Hoss.
Sep 26, 2008
Canal Winchester, OH
this whole malarkey about the Bruins being racist is getting so out of control. Pretty soon the idiot fans/journalists are going to cry racism anytime the Bruins body check that j**k-off.

Maybe the Bruins are targeting him because he is a ****-talking ice-thespian who makes himself the focus of the opposition's ire. Yeah...the Bruins are going after him hard...it is not because he is black...it's because he is an *******.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad