Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Racetrack intermission game

Many falls
IMG_4255.jpeg

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
It’s just frustrating to have a bunch of mobile, offensively capable defensemen who don’t activate off the points at all at even strength. Don’t know if it’s a naturally conservative system or if they’re afraid to trust their instincts, but they’ve gotta push it since the forwards don’t generate enough

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
Ole man Cronin is either too stubborn or just dumb. At the end of the 2nd against Utah, he put Vatrano on Leo’s line for a few mins and they generated chances. At the start of the third, he immediately went back to the original lineup. Not sure why but he doesn’t seem very averse to trying something different right now.
Yeah it's crazy. I get not touching the third line because they are working well and you want to ensure some offense, but the second two lines definitely need to be mixed.

It’s just frustrating to have a bunch of mobile, offensively capable defensemen who don’t activate off the points at all at even strength. Don’t know if it’s a naturally conservative system or if they’re afraid to trust their instincts, but they’ve gotta push it since the forwards don’t generate enough
Mintyukov is always like below the red line because he activates so much. And LaCombe gets the benefit of the doubt because it's his first game but he is pretty good at it.

I don't think they have played poorly. LA's play style is a wet blanket on space, so this isn't surprising. We have been solid defensively.
We don't look bad as a whole our offense just looks absolutely lifeless for 90% of the game.

And it would be fine if it happened once or twice but it's happened every game this season. I would take chaotic and messy if it meant that they were actually doing something.

Reactions: Static

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
If you want to understand why they fail to generate things consistently, simply pause your stream or screen when the Ducks get possession. I’ll give everyone a dollar if they can find more than 2 guys on the team moving and not standing still.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
If you want to understand why they fail to generate things consistently, simply pause your stream or screen when the Ducks get possession. I’ll give everyone a dollar if they can find more than 2 guys on the team moving and not standing still.
Does Dostal standing back up count as “moving”?

• Haha
Reactions: ADHB

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
You know what's really insane? We've taken half as many penalties through these first five games as we did through the first five last season.

We took 27 penalties through five games last year, and then 7 (!!!) penalties in game 6 alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad