Pre-Game Talk: GAME 5 9:40 PM - THE BEAR looks for a Rocky Mountain high - TNT, MAX, SN 360, 98.5 WBZ-FM

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
Might be able to catch the 2nd period of this one. Probably will miss the first because I got a free ticket through work to go see the Kings-Leafs game tonight with some of my colleagues! Only the 3rd Leafs game I've been to after 30 years living in Toronto.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
Please keep it simple in our end and if we are going to get a powerplay take a penalty instead so we can play 4 on 4.

Reactions: BMC

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
NHL has a break over Christmas, so we’re taking that away to send East Coast teams out west for the holiday?

There are 16 teams in the Eastern Time Zone. This isn’t remotely feasible.

Bruins play six (6) games at 9:30 or later Eastern all season. Tonight’s is later so it can be broadcast as a national game.

see this is an actual good point I forgot about, coulda started with that instead of the come on man condescending bull shit

but you're still ignoring my other points about fridays, saturdays, and sunday matinees

frankly I love a friday night game, we don't get enough games on friday nights as it is, why not utilize those times more?

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
I agree the Bs defense left Korpisalo out to dry. Side note...From where we sit, he seems to be a good guy and gets along with Sway.

It is very cool that you are going to the game in Utah (and went to the preseason in Quebec City). Have a blast and cheer loud for our boys. I hope you post about Utah.

My daughter and I are meeting in Seattle (in Dec) for a game and then taking the train to Vancouver. We went to Seattle the first year they had the team. Nice arena. I have been to Vancouver (after an Alaska cruise) but never to a game there. Have the fans gotten over 2011 yet?
If they have gotten over it, please feel free to remind them!

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Bridges31

Sweep the leg!
Oct 7, 2007
NH

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I agree the Bs defense left Korpisalo out to dry. Side note...From where we sit, he seems to be a good guy and gets along with Sway.

It is very cool that you are going to the game in Utah (and went to the preseason in Quebec City). Have a blast and cheer loud for our boys. I hope you post about Utah.

My daughter and I are meeting in Seattle (in Dec) for a game and then taking the train to Vancouver. We went to Seattle the first year they had the team. Nice arena. I have been to Vancouver (after an Alaska cruise) but never to a game there. Have the fans gotten over 2011 yet?
Based only on the remarks I over heard while wearing my Stanley Cup Bruins baseball hat while there for a weekend recently, Nope. LOL

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Wish they all started at 940. 7 to early 8-830 should be start time week nights
:thumbd:

Might be able to catch the 2nd period of this one. Probably will miss the first because I got a free ticket through work to go see the Kings-Leafs game tonight with some of my colleagues! Only the 3rd Leafs game I've been to after 30 years living in Toronto.
SO...when are you coming to Boston for a Bs game?

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Ladyfan, I am very proud of you and the way you get around at 71. You should be proud of yourself. However Ladyfan, 88 minus 71 equals : you do the math, I am almost 89 so that's 6570 days apart. Your comment of we are close is so not true. 6570 days

Ladyfan, Maine Fan, in Ocean Grove, NJ, says we are not even close but that's OK. You have the best name "Ladyfan" very classy and nice. You are a very loyal Bruins fan, I am proud of your loyalty and then at your age, the hockey knowledge or should I say Bruins Hockey Knowledge is very impressive. Your OK in my book, Ladyfan.

Carl Hungus

Apr 20, 2022
One of these days! Maybe later this season?

I dunno. Good to shake things up, but Brazeau has brought more than I've seen from Tufte. Time to prove it!

Tufte was with colorado last year (only played 5 games) so maybe they think he'll be on a mission? I dunno i'm grasping at straws

Reactions: KWbruin

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Looking at the record 0-3 should say that the Bruins should win easily. A blowout, right?

While they have lost 3 they scored 10 goals. Consider their first loss, Vegas 8 Colorado 4
How about their second loss, against the Blue Jackets they lost 6-4. So two games 2 losses but they scored 8 goals while the other guy was scoring 14 goals against them in 2 games. Their third loss was to the Isles 2-6 .

20 goals scored against them in 3 games so go score Bruins but if the Bruins can't score they are in trouble because Colorado can score.

It should be an interesting game.

Go Bruins

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
I think the 2nd line looks better and look forward to seeing if Jones can provide anything useful on the 3rd. Braz hasn't been bad enough to single out but not necessarily providing much of anything either. Glad Monty is giving Geekie a game off but realistically he should have gotten a game or two on the 3rd line first over Tufte from what I've seen.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Hopefully now Sweeney will come to his senses and forget all that Geekie extension nonsense.

Poitras had better linemates in the ohl
Yeah put him between Marchand and Freddy and drop Coyle down. This teams forward depth is yuck when you really look at it. Not many teams in the league that Tufte and Jones would even play on nevermind be third liners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad