Pre-Game Talk: GAME 5 9:40 PM - THE BEAR looks for a Rocky Mountain high - TNT, MAX, SN 360, 98.5 WBZ-FM

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Not optimistic for this game against a desperate Colorado team, especially with Korps the likely starter. The Bruins defensive play has to improve leaps and bounds tonight against a fast team like the Avs to give the Bruins a fighting chance, that, and hoping that the Avs goaltending continues to struggle.

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
My daughter and I are meeting in Seattle (in Dec) for a game and then taking the train to Vancouver. We went to Seattle the first year they had the team. Nice arena. I have been to Vancouver (after an Alaska cruise) but never to a game there. Have the fans gotten over 2011 yet?

So Seattle, along with Dallas, Carolina and Jersey are the only other arenas we haven't seen the Bruins play in. When we make that trip, I'll hit you up on suggestions for it. Enjoy your trip and Vancouver as well. We also were there post-Alaska cruise but also made a road trip 10 years ago for my wife's birthday and hit Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, St Louis and Chicago on the Bruins road trip. It was great and was actually cheaper to fly and do all of those instead of going to Cancun for a week(Feb vacation week $$$$). We got to see the Malcolm Subban's debut in Calgary (which was ugly) as well as the 12 round shoot out in Edmonton that we lost. But all's well that ends well with a win in the finale in Chicago.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So Seattle, along with Dallas, Carolina and Jersey are the only other arenas we haven't seen the Bruins play in. When we make that trip, I'll hit you up on suggestions for it. Enjoy your trip and Vancouver as well. We also were there post-Alaska cruise but also made a road trip 10 years ago for my wife's birthday and hit Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, St Louis and Chicago on the Bruins road trip. It was great and was actually cheaper to fly and do all of those instead of going to Cancun for a week(Feb vacation week $$$$). We got to see the Malcolm Subban's debut in Calgary (which was ugly) as well as the 12 round shoot out in Edmonton that we lost. But all's well that ends well with a win in the finale in Chicago.
You have been to more arenas than us!

We have been to see the Flyers, Pens, Panthers (3 times), Tampa (3 times), Seattle, Toronto, San Jose (3 times), LA (3 times), Anaheim (3 times), Nashville, Caps (twice), Montreal and the two games in Prague at the start of 2010/11 season.

My daughter lives in Calif and often goes to all of the games out there.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Early season west coast games piss me off beyond belief. Just getting back into it, AND THIS IS PAST MY BEDTIME.

correct. What the f***. At least have the decency to schedule it on a friday or saturday and or wait until vacations - they typically do a west coast road trip during february break when a lot of people in new england have school vacation or or work vacation.

I fully believe all 1 pm weekend games should be between west coast and east coast teams. having the game start close to 10 is a sure fire way to reduce ratings. Makes zero sense, but this is why the league is 4th best in NA

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
correct. What the f***. At least have the decency to schedule it on a friday or saturday and or wait until vacations - they typically do a west coast road trip during february break when a lot of people in new england have school vacation or or work vacation.

I fully believe all 1 pm weekend games should be between west coast and east coast teams. having the game start close to 10 is a sure fire way to reduce ratings. Makes zero sense, but this is why the league is 4th best in NA
Come on man. There are 11 teams in the Mountain or Pacific time zone. School vacations are different for every state. Only catering to the East Coast fans seems silly.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Come on man. There are 11 teams in the Mountain or Pacific time zone. School vacations are different for every state. Only catering to the East Coast fans seems silly.

I love how your entire MO on this board is to be a contrarian

I’m not talking about ignoring their own times, I stated a reasonable suggestion for both markets in the post, but you ignored it conveniently so you could continue your shtick that I guarantee no one on this board cares for

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I love how your entire MO on this board is to be a contrarian

I’m not talking about ignoring their own times, I stated a reasonable suggestion for both markets in the post, but you ignored it conveniently so you could continue your shtick that I guarantee no one on this board cares for
Right. It's contrarian to not think that the NHL should only cater to the time preferences of East Coast fans.

NBA starts Finals games at 9:37 Eastern by the way.

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
You have been to more arenas than us!

We have been to see the Flyers, Pens, Panthers (3 times), Tampa (3 times), Seattle, Toronto, San Jose (3 times), LA (3 times), Anaheim (3 times), Nashville, Caps (twice), Montreal and the two games in Prague at the start of 2010/11 season.

My daughter lives in Calif and often goes to all of the games out there.
We also made the Prague trip, which was awesome. Got a great pic of my wife and little sister in front of the Hooters there...hilarious. Saw them in Atlanta and in Arizona as well prior to the teams leaving. I'm hoping one of these years they start the season in Sweden or Finland as we'd definitely make that trip. We did get our tickets to the 4 Nations tournament in Feb at the Garden, so looking forward to that too.

• Love
Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
We also made the Prague trip, which was awesome. Got a great pic of my wife and little sister in front of the Hooters there...hilarious. Saw them in Atlanta and in Arizona as well prior to the teams leaving. I'm hoping one of these years they start the season in Sweden or Finland as we'd definitely make that trip. We did get our tickets to the 4 Nations tournament in Feb at the Garden, so looking forward to that too.
My daughter's second team is San Jose ( Big Joe was on the team when she first moved West)....so when the Bs started in Prague the Sharks started in Sweeden. We went to the first game for the Sharks in Stockholm and then flew to Prague for the two Bs games. Stockholm is a nice city. @DKH and his daughter also went to Prague. What a beautiful City!

We are not going to the 4 Nations.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Being honest I must make a decision. Watch my favorite CHICAGO Meds, Fire , and PD shows and forego the Bruins to DVR viewing tomorrow early morning or switch. and watch the Bruins starting at 9:30 PM. Bruins early morning viewing is my choice.

But I hope the Bruins settle down to some good consistent hockey. 2-2 is OK but I think so far they are worse than that record. We shall see. Later

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Right. It's contrarian to not think that the NHL should only cater to the time preferences of East Coast fans.

NBA starts Finals games at 9:37 Eastern by the way.

right, because that's what I said - you clearly read my post and didn't bother to comprehend it in any meaningful way and instead saw what you wanted to see so you could take another strange opportunity to argue

the point is about ratings - there are a handful of times that west vs east coast games could be done, some can be done on fridays, some on saturdays, some during school vacations - ( btw, nationwide, schools have breaks around thanskgiving, christmas, and new years)- and sunday matinees. This is simply a matter of making an effort to schedule them as such. We're not talking about the NBA, let alone finals. Finals that occur during the summer is a completely different ball game, for either sport. We're talking about 10 pm games in the middle of october between two teams that won't see each other in a meaningful way until the summer anyways. They could and should schedule these during times that more people are more likely to watch, it's that simple. No need for your AKSHUALLLY responses here, you're proving nothing but the inability to critically think and instead just engage in being argumentative for whatever reason it is that you do.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'll also be watching tomorrow, if worthwhile, I have no willpower when it comes to checking the score. It will be the first thing I look at, given the chance.

Hoping for a nice win when I wake up!

Reactions: BMC

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
right, because that's what I said - you clearly read my post and didn't bother to comprehend it in any meaningful way and instead saw what you wanted to see so you could take another strange opportunity to argue

the point is about ratings - there are a handful of times that west vs east coast games could be done, some can be done on fridays, some on saturdays, some during school vacations - ( btw, nationwide, schools have breaks around thanskgiving, christmas, and new years)- and sunday matinees. This is simply a matter of making an effort to schedule them as such. We're not talking about the NBA, let alone finals. Finals that occur during the summer is a completely different ball game, for either sport. We're talking about 10 pm games in the middle of october between two teams that won't see each other in a meaningful way until the summer anyways. They could and should schedule these during times that more people are more likely to watch, it's that simple. No need for your AKSHUALLLY responses here, you're proving nothing but the inability to critically think and instead just engage in being argumentative for whatever reason it is that you do.
NHL has a break over Christmas, so we’re taking that away to send East Coast teams out west for the holiday?

There are 16 teams in the Eastern Time Zone. This isn’t remotely feasible.

Bruins play six (6) games at 9:30 or later Eastern all season. Tonight’s is later so it can be broadcast as a national game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad