Pre-Game Talk: GAME 5 9:40 PM - THE BEAR looks for a Rocky Mountain high - TNT, MAX, SN 360, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

1729066345391.png

1729066415582.png

1729066459554.png

Boston Bruins (2-2, in the Atlantic Division) vs. Colorado Avalanche (0-3, in the Central Division)

Denver; Wednesday, 9:30 p.m. EDT

BOTTOM LINE: The Colorado Avalanche take on the Boston Bruins as losers of three games in a row.

Colorado had a 50-25-7 record overall and a 33-11-2 record in home games last season. The Avalanche committed 307 total penalties last season, averaging 3.7 per game and serving 8.9 penalty minutes per game.

Boston went 47-20-15 overall and 27-11-9 on the road a season ago. The Bruins committed 334 total penalties last season, averaging 4.1 per game and serving 9.4 penalty minutes per game.

INJURIES: Avalanche: None listed.

Bruins: None listed.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Oh boy. Avs 0-3 and desperate, playing at home, Korpisalo most likely in net for the Bruins with whatever uncertainties that brings, team as a whole still very much trying to find its feet. This could be unpleasant.

You never know. Boston could really turn up here, put in a good show and add to Colorado's early-season misery. Not ruling it out by any means. But I'm prepared for the possibility of a rough outing. Fingers crossed the Bs at least start to show some better habits and consistency and cut out the self-inflicted errors. Do that and play with some heart and effort and if they lose even so, I'll still count it as progress.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Oh boy. Avs 0-3 and desperate, playing at home, Korpisalo most likely in net for the Bruins with whatever uncertainties that brings, team as a whole still very much trying to find its feet. This could be unpleasant.

You never know. Boston could really turn up here, put in a good show and add to Colorado's early-season misery. Not ruling it out by any means. But I'm prepared for the possibility of a rough outing. Fingers crossed the Bs at least start to show some better habits and consistency and cut out the self-inflicted errors. Do that and play with some heart and effort and if they lose even so, I'll still count it as progress.

To add to this, the Av's are much better than their record. Georgiev has been an absolute sieve to start the year and ranks dead last in goals save above expected at -7.7 through 3 games. To put it into a different perspective, based on the shots Georgiev has seen he has an expected goals against of 5.3.....he's allowed 13 goals.

Looking at each team to start the year at 5v5:

1729084352567.png

S = Shots
G = Goals
xG = Expected Goals
SC = Scoring Chance

HDC = High Danger Chance

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ

Love your title.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Like most in the east the western trips effect our sleep, if you stay up for the Bruins games away. I will nap or view tomorrow because like you I record games. I can't watch a game I know the score of before hand so I make sure I don't know the final score before viewing a replay. Later

Reactions: Ladyfan

Hawgood_38

Season Tix since '97
Sep 3, 2002
Pumping tires
Visit site
I think the Bruins step it up in front of Korpisalo tonight after leaving him out to dry in Game 1. Love the start that the 4th line has had and they've carried that over from preseason. I was able to get to the 3 home preseason games as well as the one in Quebec City and thought Koepke was a standout in the games he played.

I still wish we'd finish more of our checks, especially in the O-Zone to at least force the opposition d-men to think a hit is coming. Way too many fly-bys. If Poitras can take the body on the forecheck, there's no reason any other guy on the roster can't/shouldn't.

As a side note, the wife and I went to Ma Maison for an early dinner after the Monday matinee and Joonas was there with who looked like his agent, but not totally sure. It was our first time there, right on Cambridge Street, and it was fantastic with a menu that had some interesting options.

Anyway, I'm guessing an OT game with a 4-3 finish. Hopefully in the Bruins favor.

Side note #2, the wife and I fly out to Salt Lake City tomorrow to see the Bruins play the Hockey Club on Saturday. Still deciding on which jersey to wear...

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I think the Bruins step it up in front of Korpisalo tonight after leaving him out to dry in Game 1. Love the start that the 4th line has had and they've carried that over from preseason. I was able to get to the 3 home preseason games as well as the one in Quebec City and thought Koepke was a standout in the games he played.

I still wish we'd finish more of our checks, especially in the O-Zone to at least force the opposition d-men to think a hit is coming. Way too many fly-bys. If Poitras can take the body on the forecheck, there's no reason any other guy on the roster can't/shouldn't.

As a side note, the wife and I went to Ma Maison for an early dinner after the Monday matinee and Joonas was there with who looked like his agent, but not totally sure. It was our first time there, right on Cambridge Street, and it was fantastic with a menu that had some interesting options.

Anyway, I'm guessing an OT game with a 4-3 finish. Hopefully in the Bruins favor.

Side note #2, the wife and I fly out to Salt Lake City tomorrow to see the Bruins play the Hockey Club on Saturday. Still deciding on which jersey to wear...
I agree the Bs defense left Korpisalo out to dry. Side note...From where we sit, he seems to be a good guy and gets along with Sway.

It is very cool that you are going to the game in Utah (and went to the preseason in Quebec City). Have a blast and cheer loud for our boys. I hope you post about Utah.

My daughter and I are meeting in Seattle (in Dec) for a game and then taking the train to Vancouver. We went to Seattle the first year they had the team. Nice arena. I have been to Vancouver (after an Alaska cruise) but never to a game there. Have the fans gotten over 2011 yet?

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad