GDT: Game 5/82 Isles @ Blues 7PM CST BSMW

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
From what I've seen of both, so far, they'd help The Blues more by playing with Springfield.
I would strongly disagree with that.
Even with the penalties, they've both shown more energy than 2/3 of the team.
They just need to reign it in a little bit.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Love that we’re shooting the puck so much on 2 on 1s. Hasn’t worked yet but it seems we so often look for a low percentage pass and don’t even make the goalie make a save. Not happening as much tonight.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
They're gonna have to start collecting fighting major's if they even want to have a chance.

I remember the if we can’t beat em we should beat the hell out of em days lol. The last minute bench clears and the referees handing out 5 minute majors and game misconducts like candy at Halloween. Those PIM records might be as untouchable as Gretzky scoring records in today’s NHL.

Reactions: i aint Dunn yet

Dr Robot

Nov 3, 2011
I do enjoy that we are throwing pucks toward the net whenever we get a clear view of the goalie.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I would strongly disagree with that.
Even with the penalties, they've both shown more energy than 2/3 of the team.
They just need to reign it in a little bit.
I have no problem with them playing with a feisty edge. The Blues need that. It's more about P.O. needing to develop his hockey sense (play reading) and getting into proper position when defending, and his brother developing his offensive skills more, as well as his positioning and play without the puck. They both still look more like career AHLers, and maybe marginal call-ups for an injury-plagued weaker, NHL team.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
All The Blues' shots on that Power Play had only the puck carrier - shooter moving before his shot with all the others standing and watching. No wonder ALL 4 of The Blues' shots went straight towards the goalie's chest for no chance to score. Why weren't any of the forwards moving??? There'd have been no one in position to jump on a rebound, and no chance for the shooter to make a pass/shot for the tip-in. Who is The Blues PP coach this season?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad