GDT: Game 5/82 Isles @ Blues 7PM CST BSMW

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Game 5 of the season, Blues are up against the NY Islanders. Can the Blues break out of their bipolar play between periods?

Looks like Kyrou moved up to line 1, Buch is on babysitting duties with Bolduc and Neighbours. Sutter top pair and Joseph in.

Last edited:
Reactions: LGB

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Tonight will be a big test to see how they respond from the stinker on Tuesday. Seems like Leddy will be out, I wonder if we see Perunovich get his first game of the season.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
That would be my preferred choice anyway, just figured they would give Peru a chance at some point.
I think Perunovich's potential to get a chance over any of the other 7 D on the roster is dependent on the top PP unit's performance. If the top unit can be good with Faulk on it, then I don't believe Perunovich has a place in the lineup. We obviously want Broberg getting reps on the PP and his group has looked pretty good as the 2nd PP unit.

The Minnesota game was a rough night for the top PP unit, but I think they've looked good overall through 4 games. I wouldn't have "the powerplay" too high up the list of issues through 4 games and I'm not eager to shake up the top unit after just 4 games of them building chemistry.

I don't think the organization is actively looking to get Perunovich back into the medium-to-long term plans. We have 3 D younger than him on the NHL roster. One was an internal asset that passed him on the depth chart last season and the other 2 were specifically targeted to bring into the organization last summer. I think our preference is to not lose him on waivers if that can be avoided, but I think he is very much 8th in line to 'get chances' from the organization this year.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
I think Perunovich's potential to get a chance over any of the other 7 D on the roster is dependent on the top PP unit's performance. If the top unit can be good with Faulk on it, then I don't believe Perunovich has a place in the lineup. We obviously want Broberg getting reps on the PP and his group has looked pretty good as the 2nd PP unit.

The Minnesota game was a rough night for the top PP unit, but I think they've looked good overall through 4 games. I wouldn't have "the powerplay" too high up the list of issues through 4 games and I'm not eager to shake up the top unit after just 4 games of them building chemistry.

I don't think the organization is actively looking to get Perunovich back into the medium-to-long term plans. We have 3 D younger than him on the NHL roster. One was an internal asset that passed him on the depth chart last season and the other 2 were specifically targeted to bring into the organization last summer. I think our preference is to not lose him on waivers if that can be avoided, but I think he is very much 8th in line to 'get chances' from the organization this year.
Biggest problem on the PP so far is zone entry(that and Kyrou's defense from the point).
Once they get in, they're moving the puck really well and getting some chances. They just can't get in to get set up.
Perunovich doesn't help with that. We need our forwards to provide a little more movement to open up some entry lanes(looking squarely at Schenn and Neighbours).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad