GDT: GAME #49 - Chicago at BRUINS 1/20 7 PM | NESN, NHL (US), SN1, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Note on a subject in Fenways intro: Bryan Bickle has resumed skating with the Canes following his recent MS diognosis. Wonderful news for Bryan and his family. Would be terrific should he be able to reclaim some semblance of his former life. He appears determined to include a return to the NHL as an objective on the road back. Best of luck Bryan! :handclap:

One piece of optimism to cling to going into this game, the B's have played some of their best hockey this year against teams who have been occupying the top spots in the league. So there's that. Otherwise no idea what to expect.

Now Let's $&%# Get It Going Bruins! Times a wast'in. :rant:

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
All I am asking for is Ryan Spooner to be seated on Level 9 after that "performance" on Wednesday. At least Jimmy Hayes tries.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Thought I read somewhere that Claude is ten games away from his 1,000th game coaches in the NHL. It'd be a shame if that didn't happen for him as a Bruin.

Hope the Bruins of the Detroit first period show up for all three this game.

Ten games from now it'll be too late to fire him in my opinion.

Regardless of where he will end up hitting they mark though. He wouldn't remain unemployed long.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I remember as a kid watching the games on TV and when they'd show the injury report, I'd get confused about why so many players were always out with scratches. Was it from cuts from the skate blades? I wondered.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I believe this is Chris Rooney's first game back as a referee since being injured last fall.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Just got this tweet via B/R

'Boston to publicly address coaching situation tomorrow regardless of outcome today'

to me that says 'he'll stay"

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I would expect the Bruins to lose today, but that means they will win.

3-2 win being badly out played but Rask stands on his head, Julien lives to coach another day.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Bruins are playing 11 games in 30 days with only one back-to-back (Van then Mtl on 11-12 Feb). And the Bruins have their bye week after that back-to-back set.

I want Rask in net for all of them. Can rest the 20 non-game days...

They don't have much choice but to play Rask . Leafs and Sens play each other Saturday. Who do we want to win that one ?

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
I believe this is Chris Rooney's first game back as a referee since being injured last fall.
I think it's actually his 5th game this season.

1/12/17 - Canucks/Flyers
1/14/17 - Rangers/Canadiens
1/17/17 - Sabres/Maple Leafs
1/19/17 - Stars/Islanders

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
They don't have much choice but to play Rask . Leafs and Sens play each other Saturday. Who do we want to win that one ?

Doesn't matter just not an OT or shootout game.

It sucks when you have to start worrying about other teams as that means your team isn't good enough to control their own destiny.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Would hope by mid-way through the 2nd period we see

Belesky | Spooner | Backes as our 3rd line...let Backes take all draws.

I doubt we will ever see Spooner center a line under Claude Julien again. ;)

But depending on how Belesky does, I can see him and Schaller swapping places at some point during the game.

So now Riley Nash can neutralize both Spooner and Backes.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Garden goes dark.

PA system starts to blare - 'Bad to the Bone'.

Cam Neely comes out and takes his place behind the bench.

Bruins get skunked 6 - 1

...and it will add to what is a very bad day.

My daughter is supposed to fly into Boston in time to meet me at the game but her plane is delayed because of issues with the plane.

Tomorrow we are supposed to fly out at 5:30 am to go to Washington DC.

I really hope the B's can win and brighten up my day.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :handclap::handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad