GDT: Game 49: Anaheim Ducks @ Minnesota Wild, 6pm PT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He’s been safe and solid. So far he doesn’t make those egregious errors that lacombe makes on a nightly basis.

That's gonna be expected from a rookie who plays top pairing role and minutes, bypassing the AHL. Hopefully, all our young D-men will improve next year after soaking in their first year in the NHL. People forget that Drysdale was a -26 in his first, full NHL season as a top pairing RD with Lindholm... oddly, Lindholm was a +0.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You make me laugh. Rips Zellweger after 3 games while being a staunch supporter of LaCombe all season.

Comical.
You clearly haven’t read or understood my posts. I’ve said that LaCombe has no business being on the top line at all, but that the people saying he belongs in the AHL because he makes major mistakes on the top line are talking nonsense. He looks fine on the bottom pairing, and with (the only decently slotted and utilized veteran D on the team) Gudas tonight he looked good. He’s a rookie, he’s going to make mistakes. Playing him above where he should be will magnify them. Mintyukov looks great on the bottom pairing too, but also had degraded play as his minutes and responsibility was increased. Which…is normal. My point has been that Mintyukov is being properly developed, and it’s paying off, whereas LaCombe is not…and it’s not.

Zellweger looks great on the PP. He looked adequate defensively and good offensively his first game, on the 3rd pairing. He looked decidedly less good tonight. That’s not ripping on him, that’s pointing out that…he’s not adjusted to the Speed of the NHL, much less top line NHL talent. He absolutely screwed up at the blue line tonight. His (meaningless after 2 games) SAT% is 39.4%, better only than Lindstrom. USAT% is equally bad. He’s an offensive defenseman who had 0 shots vs Dallas, and 1 shot tonight. It’s possible to simply evaluate a player with being a fanboy or a hater.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Troy Terry is really, really good and not overpaid at all. It's going to be really interesting to see what kind of numbers he can put up on a decent team.

I'm excited

Terry's previous two seasons is proof he's been a great to very good player. He had a rough start to the season, but I knew he'd work things out. Similarly, the same can be said of Zegras. I think Cronin removed some creativity from both to start the season and Cronin is relaxing his offensive scheme.

I like 2021-22 Terry the best so far. Anaheim was a decent team to start the season. They were 3rd in the Pacific when Verbeek took over.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
why does Terry not seem happy to score?
Noticed that too. He didn't celebrate with his teammates on the ice when they came over to congratulate him and he went straight onto the bench without the usual fist bump skate.

Guessing either he was still pissed about taking the penalty/being called for it and disagreeing, or he was showing his ass to Cronin about being demoted (which doesn't seem likely to me). Other than that, no idea. It was very out of place for him though.

Reactions: dracom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad