GDT: Game 48: Bruins @ Avs | Wednesday, January 21st, 8pm MT | Ode to the Condor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
We pause for a moment in the cycle of bipolarism to send off our lone and deserving all-star representative...

BhZ5KUy.jpg

Words

[NHL]722743[/NHL]

Beauty

[NHL]699720[/NHL]

[NHL]709085[/NHL]

[NHL]721173[/NHL]

Rage

[NHL]729025[/NHL]

Good luck, EJ. Make us proud!

483440929.0.jpg

:bruins

Daniel Paille -Patrice Bergeron - Reilly Smith
Milan Lucic - David Krejci - David Pastrnak
Chris Kelly - Carl Soderberg - Loui Eriksson
Jordan Caron - Gregory Campbell - Craig Cunningham

Zdeno Chara - Dougie Hamilton
Dennis Seidenberg - Adam McQuaid
Torey Krug - Kevan Miller

Tuukka Rask

:avs

Alex Tanguay - Matt Duchene - Jarome Iginla
Gabriel Landeskog - Ryan O'Reilly - Nathan MacKinnon
Cody McLeod - John Mitchell - Dennis Everberg
Maxime Talbot - Marc-André Cliche - Danny Briere

Jan Hejda - Erik Johnson
Nate Guenin - Tyson Barrie
Brad Stuart- Nick Holden

Semyon Varlamov

*will update if need be​

member 116861

If we win, I'll probably watch all of the all-star stuff. If we lose, I'll probably watch none of it.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Will we see Mr. Redmond? Or will we get to watch Holden and Guenin's fantastic breakouts again?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
How many times will EJ hit posts, shins, and the back of the net? Can he get the "Erik Johnson hattrick" and hit one of each? I look forward to finding out tomorrow.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
EMFJ is the biggest reason I even bother tuning into games this season. He's been a real treat, and hopefully some of those posts he has hit the last little while start going in again. I think he has 4 this month. I just want to see him finish with most goals among defencemen.

Would be a great time for a trade, giving the new player a few days to move.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yeah and that's why it was 2 minutes long. Shameful.

Must've ran out of Broncos related questions...

Frei: Patrick, you guys have a game coming up against Boston tomorrow...

Roy: That's right Terry.

Frei: I'm wondering, as I'm sure all Avs fans are--What do you think of the Broncos hiring Gary Kubiak, what do you make of him working with a close friend as his boss in John Elway, and does Peyton return for another year?

Roy: Is there a hockey related question in here?

Frei: Uh....why do we still have morning skates? I hate going to them.

Last edited:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Big game IMO.

A Win, and it keeps playoff hopes alive in the minds of the boys and Roy/Patty, we'd be either 3 or 4 points back, although the other teams would have games in hand.

A Loss, and we go into the All-Star break at exactly .500, at least 5 points back, and potentially 7-8 points back.

I can definitely see the All-Star Break being that point in time where Roy/Sakic sit down and decide what kind of team we want to be at the deadline. If were still in it? Were gonna go out and try to buy a couple players to help us make a push down the stretch(But, players that we hope to resign, not just rentals). If were 7+ points back again, I think they wave the White flag on the season, and start putting out feelers on guys like Briere/Talbot/Hejda/etc. to see what value they have.

Not sure what I want from this game. Part of me still wants us to make a run, and still believe we can do it. Another part of me thinks the Avs would be smart to sell regardless. Our prospect pool is pretty weak although improving lately. We've had a couple good drafts in 2013 and 2014. Adding more picks in a strong 2015 draft would help our system depth a lot.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I do think tomorrow is a massively important game. The team needs to establish some momentum in the right direction. Not just in terms of standings but in terms of on-ice play. I don't know if the white flag has to be waved after the game if its a loss, but the boys need to be hungry because tomorrow night is a night to prove that they can play good hockey and stay in the playoffs hunt. It should be a matter of pride for this Avs team and a game to prove they're still in it.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Would it be lovely to win this one, yeah. Do I expect it, no. Avs have a tough time with Boston and more so here than there. Also, it's tough to win the first home game after a long road trip. Must wins are against teams we are chasing, those have direct impact on the standings, not how many points we are out in January. Dropping that point to Carolina was more of a "loss" than losing to teams we don't have a good shot at beating to begin with.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I do think tomorrow is a massively important game. The team needs to establish some momentum in the right direction. Not just in terms of standings but in terms of on-ice play. I don't know if the white flag has to be waved after the game if its a loss, but the boys need to be hungry because tomorrow night is a night to prove that they can play good hockey and stay in the playoffs hunt. It should be a matter of pride for this Avs team and a game to prove they're still in it.
This team has had no momentum all year. They can't carry over strong play from period to period, let alone game to game. Momentum simply doesn't exist for the Avs this season. Not to mention after this game, it's a week long break, so not sure you'd be able to take any momentum from a win.

Boston played tonight, so the Avs have to take advantage of that. The last time they had a team on the end of a back to back at home, they blew it.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado
Trade should've happened today. I think that they have proven that the current roster is not going to get it done. We are still in the playoff hunt, some how, but it won't be for much longer if we don't make changes. Gotta do it, Sakic. We are not going to be able to fix this defense with free agents. We either start making deals, or we wait and see if our D prospects pan out, which might be awhile.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Trade should've happened today. I think that they have proven that the current roster is not going to get it done. We are still in the playoff hunt, some how, but it won't be for much longer if we don't make changes. Gotta do it, Sakic. We are not going to be able to fix this defense with free agents. We either start making deals, or we wait and see if our D prospects pan out, which might be awhile.

They'll make the trade after they lose their next 4 games (BOS, home/home vs NSH and DAL). Avs will make a run for 5th last in the league, don't think ARI/CAR/EDM/BUF will catch us.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
Roy talking about O'Reilly/Duchene/Landeksog/MacKinnon
"Our expectations of these four guys were a little bit higher," Roy said. "At the same time, I think it's part of a process. I don't try to defend them. ... I think they're learning, maybe the hard way right now. I'm sure they know deep inside that they need to produce a little more."
-Roy

No babying here.

There should be nothing but positive thoughts about the game tonight.

20140327_123423_oreilly-avs-yoga-032714.jpg

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
They'll make the trade after they lose their next 4 games (BOS, home/home vs NSH and DAL). Avs will make a run for 5th last in the league, don't think ARI/CAR/EDM/BUF will catch us.

Right now i truly believe that that's the best thing that could happen to us.

If we get to the deadline with the ideia of being buyers, it will be a disaster.

This roster has so many holes and we have very little quality prospects, that we cannot afford to kid ourselves again, like last year.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I think we have a winning streak in us.
I hope they don't go on that streak before the trade deadline, because then we'd likely stand pat instead of trading away the players we need to.
Suck enough until the deadline, make the trades, then go on the winning streak. Hope and pray it's enough to get into the playoffs, and not just enough to damage the draft position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad