GDT: Game 47: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens 1/23/24 7:00pm EST TSN2, TSN5, TSN 690, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
There is no way a group of pro hockey players can suck a ss so bad. This has everything to do with the useless inexperienced coaching staff who have no idea how to implement systems. They just say let them get reps and play shinny. Get some real coaches please.

Reactions: Tyson and Pomee

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
It was a head scratcher for sure. At the time I predicted it would play out exactly like it has.

All I can guess is that Allen is a big part of the teams leadership core. He seems like a good, well-liked dude.
I know I was just pissed at Allen tonight. He does add character. Habs have tons caproom so it's moot point. Molson has plenty money also.

Reactions: Canadienna

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Team was not ready to play
Our forward group can't skate with Ottawa.
A player by player examination will show just how much more talent they have on the ice.
How many of their forwards are were or will be better than our Captain?
2-3-4-5 ??????

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
GMs: our offer is a 1st for Allen and Monahan
Kent: cool deal! We would love another 1st this draft!
GMs: no…you pay us a 1st to take them.
Speaking of your avatar, what’s up with our boy Gorton. How has his work been so far? Hearing a lot about KH but no signs of Jeff the demon?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Speaking of your avatar, what’s up with our boy Gorton. How has his work been so far? Hearing a lot about KH but no signs of Jeff the demon?
I’m sure he’s busy behind scenes. I think did interview on 690 other day.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
It amazes me how we are rarely ready to start a game. I respect how they always battle back, but man why does this happen every single time.

Sometimes I wonder if the 4 multimillionaires behind the bench are just there to vibe.

Who's watching tapes and coming up with game plans?

Get someone with his life on the line in there asap

4 forwards for a d zone faceoff :eyeroll:

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Hot seat??

Unless if by hot seat you mean absolute cart blanche to do as he believes is right.

He ain't here to tighten screws on an unfinished product until all parts are assembled, he's here to develop and help this team grow, and not completely throw in it's collective towel as they go through this rebuild.

I don’t have a clue what is going on, first game watching this season. I just like to shit on Habs coach.

LesCanadiens

Hardcore Curmudgeon
Feb 27, 2002
West Kelowna
i don't expect Mailloux and much less Barron to be ever great defensively. You can't have an all High Risk/High Reward D squad.
You will never know until they're at least well into their 3rd season as regulars. 22/23 years or younger, they're still filling out into their man strength. And they're still learning how to adjust to NHL size and speed. Patience is key. In a different situation, they'd be developing in the AHL, or at least with a capable veteran D, ala Shea Weber. If they have the natural assets (skating, shooting), they're worth taking the time to see if they develop as you'd hope. That's how I look at it anyway.

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
LMAO at the MSL hate, y'all need jesus. :P
1706057955504.jpeg

Pomee

Nov 26, 2006
If Suzi keeps playing like this, we are doomed.
Soft, losing every 1 on 1 battle, passing off tonight.
Also Evans could win at least one face off in our zone FFS.
Gally, Matheson ... waste of words for these clowns. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad