GDT: Game 45 - Avs @ Habs 5 PM - We Can't Lose Forever, Right? Yes We Can...

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The kid has his balls cut off by the media and everyone else for showing passion. The entire team's confidence has or had been gutted by this point. All that we needed was a neutered Nathan MacKinnon feeling like he let everyone down by giving a **** too much.

I definitely can be accused of being a fan of the old boys club antics when it comes to hockey. I love the ground floor ethics, and selflessness it pushes, but a downfall of it is a backlash on anyone who shows outward emotion and does not channel it perfectly. Later Forsberg was loved, but in the moment that man got a lot of **** and was called dirty for how he played the game, and I always respected him above all others for never changing.

I really don't blame any top forward on this team for feeling deflated right now. What in the **** are you supposed to do when you're the only one producing and on top of it your goal-tending ****s you at every point. What human keeps their motor running high in that scenario?
Wow, that’s way too much of a free pass for Mack. If that incident affected him that badly we need to look into trading him. In reality, Mack is fine, he just had a sucky game and needs to bounce back.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
MacKinnon is allowed to be affected by situations like the one that happened. That was a lot of negative attention, and we have to remember he's still only 23.

He's done more than enough this year and last to get some rope on having a game like this one. It's how he responds the next few games that matters, but maybe he just needs to get out of media crazed Canada first.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Where did you read/watch this?

Avalanche's MacKinnon explains outburst at head coach Bednar - Sportsnet.ca

"I think that’s part of the reason why I think I feel like I cannot do that but I can express my opinions in a more calm way, a more respectful way," he added. "It’s just unfortunate it got caught on camera. I saw it after the Calgary game (and) I was pretty rattled in my hotel room. Just looking like an idiot, screaming. That can’t happen again, so I’ll get better from it."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad