Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - DEATH, TAXES AND ANOTHER LOSS TO WASHINGTON - Caps 4 BRUINS 2 FINAL

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The Mcquaid trade sparked the end of an era in bruins hockey. Bruins to me were the leaders in playing the game the right way but times they are a changing. I agree the hab like tactics are a bit cringeworthy, especially turtling to former hab Eller
Bruins are soft

I walked out after Marchand incident and went home and watched Brave Heart

Done with Bruins

I’m out !!!

Reactions: Saxon Eric

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
The Donato JFK Heinen line played the best game I've seen from a third line all season. I thought we deserved the win last night, and lost to Holtby yet again. Eventually we will get that monkey off our backs, maybe it will be in game 7 in the playoffs similar to how we beat Montreal in 2011.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruins are soft

Done with Bruins

I’m out !!!

When was the last time in history the bruins went a month without a fight. I’m not done with the bruins but the culture has changed with this club.the bruins I remember would have trolled Wilson all night goading him into retaliation. Mostly the bruins just stay away from conflict now. Wilson looked like he owned the garden last night smiling and setting up plays enjoying his trip to the beautiful city of Boston.

Reactions: Fenian24

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Here's how I see it:

We were competitive but our PP blew and our lines were all janky.

It also made very clear we need a top 6 RW. Sweeney knows it but I imagine he's trying to wait to and see if someone will click before he pulls the trigger. It's not happening and now he can make a trade in full confidence he is not blocking a kid.

Beating the Leafs would be huge or they're going to run ahead of us again.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Just watched the condensed game. Really bummed I missed this one.

The third line looked to be really buzzing.

It looks like some people are upset with the top line (the only line that shows up every night).. They had some chances they should've buried. Especially the PP unit..

But at least it appeared our depth stepped up against a team that has oodles of depth. Thats promising to me.

Bring on TOR!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When was the last time in history the bruins went a month without a fight. I’m not done with the bruins but the culture has changed with this club.the bruins I remember would have trolled Wilson all night goading him into retaliation. Mostly the bruins just stay away from conflict now. Wilson looked like he owned the garden last night smiling and setting up plays enjoying his trip to the beautiful city of Boston.

And yet for all of Wilson's smiling and enjoyment, his Capitals were getting out-played by the Bruins the entire game.

You need to stop acting like Wilson only runs his schtick against the Bruins. Wilson plays like he does against every single opponent.

Reactions: lopey and Pia8988

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Bruins are soft

Done with Bruins

I’m out !!!
Lol good flick!

The Bruins are a finesse club now though.

I can put up with the physical side of the game vanishing, it’s happening around the league nightly.

The unwillingness or inability to screen Holtby though is not tolerable. The 1st line especially needs to park an ass in front of him if they ever plan on scoring.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
And yet for all of Wilson's smiling and enjoyment, his Capitals were getting out-played by the Bruins the entire game.

You need to stop acting like Wilson only runs his schtick against the Bruins. Wilson plays like he does against every single opponent.

Wilson barely broke a sweat last night. Besides a few pleasantries exchanged with chara he did what he wanted offensively and physically. I didnt notice him challenged once

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Wilson barely broke a sweat last night. Besides a few pleasantries exchanged with chara he did what he wanted offensively and physically. I didnt notice him challenged once

It's a good thing he only wanted to contribute one assist offensively. Game could have gotten real ugly if he wanted to add a hat trick too.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Seriously folks

This is great

I love this shit

I’m already ready for that February 3 game

Last time there they lost 7-0; they haven’t beaten these f***ers so long ago I think Bergeron was Irish

This is pay back game all over the place

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
I thought we played great except we did give them grade A chances. Let's face it Holtby was awesome but halek was very good too if you take away the one rare soft goal he gave them.

It would be great to bounce back Saturday and I think we will give that a really good effort in a tough game.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
Him or Nordstrom swap in and even Wagner can sit out and find his hands.

The one guy on this team who physically shows up every night every shift, no matter who the opponent is and you want to sit him to find his hands? This is the epitome of loss over reactions.

Kuraly and Wagner should not be separated the rest of the year. They were great last night against the most physically dominant 1st line in the league and the defending Stanley Cup Champs. But let's sit Wagner who had 7 hits last night until he learns to be Pasta. Joke.

Reactions: lopey

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
This game is on Cassidy.
Yes, Halak sucked however to have a chance against Washington with Holtby you cannot play your backup.
The reluctance to break up the top line if they have a night off is waaay longer than when Krejci was on the top line.
Krug on PP was an utter trash. Asking him repeatedly to QB it when he had a night off is stupid.
Last but not least, Backes has no business on the 2nd line. Completely negates any effort by Krejci or DeBrusk.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
these replies are hilarious.. done with the bruins because they havent fought in a month.. ?! thats fine, goodbye.. the bruins dominated play last night. they had zero finish. absolutely zero.. pasta must have had six chances to score and bobbled them. bergy had his worst game of the season, passes not connecting oddly out of position. its painfully clear that debrusk and krejci dont gel.. at all. throw in backes (stay at home "ofender") and that line was embarrasing last night .. no wonder jake has only 3 assists.. that whole line operates at three seperate speeds.. can we please put krejci on the 1st line and give bergy and debrusk a shot.. is this team the toughest in the league? no way, but they certainly arent the weakest. to sit at your keyboards and get mad because marchand didnt fight is stupid. he got a pp , which this team relies on for offense, down 1-0 to a team that has had your number for years. i thought it was awesome he did that . great game to watch sans finish ability, team owned the puck majority of that game

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
these replies are hilarious.. done with the bruins because they havent fought in a month.. ?! thats fine, goodbye.. the bruins dominated play last night. they had zero finish. absolutely zero.. pasta must have had six chances to score and bobbled them. bergy had his worst game of the season, passes not connecting oddly out of position. its painfully clear that debrusk and krejci dont gel.. at all. throw in backes (stay at home "ofender") and that line was embarrasing last night .. no wonder jake has only 3 assists.. that whole line operates at three seperate speeds.. can we please put krejci on the 1st line and give bergy and debrusk a shot.. is this team the toughest in the league? no way, but they certainly arent the weakest. to sit at your keyboards and get mad because marchand didnt fight is stupid. he got a pp , which this team relies on for offense, down 1-0 to a team that has had your number for years. i thought it was awesome he did that . great game to watch sans finish ability, team owned the puck majority of that game

we have definitely noticed the hab like tactics, thats for sure.

Reactions: Fenian24

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

I liked how they played. The right add here or there and it would be a great playoff series IMO that could go either way.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Good loss, makes it abdundantly clear to Sweeney that we need to add a piece or two to compete

bruins repeat time

Apr 13, 2012
burlington ont canad
This game is on Cassidy.
Yes, Halak sucked however to have a chance against Washington with Holtby you cannot play your backup.
The reluctance to break up the top line if they have a night off is waaay longer than when Krejci was on the top line.
Krug on PP was an utter trash. Asking him repeatedly to QB it when he had a night off is stupid.
Last but not least, Backes has no business on the 2nd line. Completely negates any effort by Krejci or DeBrusk.

I will just deal with the goalie. We play Toronto Saturday which is a more important game than this was despite what many of you may think . Halek has proven to be far more than a back up and we can use him in big spots . Last of all Halek did not suck , he made a lot of big saves . Due to the soft third goal I cant say he played great but I would be if he could erase that one.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
marchand-Bergeron-Pasta
Cehlarik-Krejci-Debrusk
Donato-JFK-Heinen
Kuraly-Acciari-Wasgner

can we please just try this for a couple games. That second line is killing us.
Backes can go watch a couple games to be honest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad