GDT: Game 42: Predators @ Coyotes - 7PM/FSAZ - Of Weeds and Weedwackers

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think because you can see Arvidsson's arm extended, pushing Chychrun towards the goalie, they probably thought that was the main reason he went into the goalie.

Good point. I was focused on the skate contact with his left pad and thought it prevented him from getting back across to square up to Fischer's rebound shot, but if Arvidsson pushed Chychrun in, then he's considered to have "initiated contact" so it's a good goal.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
He barely touched the goalie and he got pushed from behind. I still thought they'd take it away because, you know, Coyotes hockey and all.

'member like 2 years ago when we lost literally every challenge for like 4 months? Good times.

Reactions: kbay

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I don’t think Chychrun was in the crease when he made contact with the goalie’s leg?

Position of the goalie's skates determine where he is for the purposes of that rule, even if the contact itself is outside the blue, if the goalie has a skate in the crease he's considered "in the crease" for the purposes of the rule. It's similar to the offside rule, where the position of the player's skates in contact with the ice are the sole determining factor about where he's considered to "be."

Reactions: Yandover

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Nash has been a bit different today. Called RT's idea that Duke has to be in the top-six garbage and has been pointing out that the veterans are the issue right now. I can deal with this Nash.

McConnell was pushing to put the grinders out on that last PP because "it wasn't working" with the skill guys. And guess who scores?? :laugh:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Toronto challenges.....

7407cc3c96ebbeeadae68a058c509bfb8899c8087ebe6a98bb8e8046fcdbcf2c.jpg

Reactions: Lady Macbeth

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Fun game to watch.

Finally, we get the secondary scoring which we so sorely missed. :sarcasm:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Tocchett admitted in the post-game he sent Cousins out on the PP because the top unit was just not getting much done. Cousins was surprised he got the call.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Chychrun looks really good tonight

He's got speed.

Bad 1st period. Raanta kept us in the game. Bad turnover by Keller in OT, but he's still a keeper. Duke stock trending higher.

Draft Dahling and a healthy Hammer, this d-unit could be killer next year.

I know this season sucks, but I still look forward to every game.

Last edited:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Martinook created the turnover and opportunity, maybe thats why Duke is there, to finish.

Duke at half speed looks fast, and that is what we are use to. Last night we saw what Duke can do. He was flying, going to the net and back checking. I think Duke was scratched because of effort and consistency which has been the norm for him the last two years. Duke's problems are all on him but if he can somehow realize what kind of player is can be and what kind of effort level is needed he can be a real good player. There is no way I trade Duke at the moment as his trade value is low and he is young but immature. How the hell does Archibald get more minutes than Duke and Dvorak last night?

Reactions: Yandover

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad