Post-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks def. Flames - 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I propose that Roy gets the "2nd line" line mates and Kesler gets the "3rd line" line mates...

Because Roy likes to make plays, and Kesler can just play without having to use his line mates.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
I propose that Roy gets the "2nd line" line mates and Kesler gets the "3rd line" line mates...

Because Roy likes to make plays, and Kesler can just play without having to use his line mates.

i agree

except kassian and kesler looked kinda decent so i'm willing to give them another game to see if they actually work

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What an awful ugly boring game.

Sloppy play all over the place. It's nice we pulled out a win and potted a bunch late. But jeeez, that was not fun to watch.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
He's better than any of our 4th line wingers from last year.

Yeah. Weise is a very good 4th line winger. More than that...no. Please no.

Weise was next to useless playing on Roy's line. They should have put ebbett there instead.

Contract/callups/etc aside, i'd honestly rather see Jensen back up in that spot, over Weise or Ebbett.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
@ M A K A V E L I is there any gif of this supposed Bieksa crosscheck?

The tears in this thread are delicious http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=126878

A friend of mine is a calgary fan and told me to visit awhile back for the post game melt downs and I just love how classy that fan base is. I did not think was a more absurd place on the internet then cdc to discuss hockey, but calgary puck might top it.

Wishing the vc fans in calgary tonight would get hit by a truck and they were absolutely furious about the LOUUUU chants.

Tanevian*

weise is just planning ahead by not wanting to use up all his moves, boy you guys are gonna look dumb when he scores on a sweet deke top shelf to win the stanley cup

I will look dumb no matter who scores the winning goal for the Canucks and will continue acting like a drunken idiot for a week.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Surprised so many people are afraid to play the Blues. I think the Canucks are stronger at every position....

Schneider > Every St. Louis goaltender: Both Halak & Elliot have been extremely inconsistent this season. Is anyone afraid of meeting Jake Allen in the first round? It doesn't matter who they go with in net, Canucks have a definite advantage.

Canucks D > St. Louis D - Both teams have structured their defensive core in a pretty similar way, and both teams have lots of depth. That being said, in a seven game series, I would still take the playoff experience of the Canucks D-core. It's pretty close though.

Canucks forwards > Blues forwards - The Canucks have five forwards with 10 or more goals this season, the Blues have two. Sure the Blues have guys like Backes and Stewart that are built for the post season, but they also have a bunch of soft forwards (Oshie, Perron, McDonald, Berglund, Tarasenko) that the Canucks could grind down over a 7 game series.

I'd prefer to see the Canucks draw the Wild or Sharks in the first round, but I definitely don't think the Canucks should fear a first round matchup with the Blues.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
A friend of mine is a calgary fan and told me to visit awhile back for the post game melt downs and I just love how classy that fan base is. I did not think was a more absurd place on the internet then cdc to discuss hockey, but calgary puck might top it.

Wishing the vc fans in calgary tonight would get hit by a truck and they were absolutely furious about the LOUUUU chants.

The Flames aren't a hot ticket in Calgary anymore, most of the time the opposing fan base are in the Saddledome cheering them on ( Canucks, Oilers, Red Wings )

Kipper is retiring, Iginla is gone and the Flames are in the 1997-2003 rebuilding phase.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Surprised so many people are afraid to play the Blues. I think the Canucks are stronger at every position....

Schneider > Every St. Louis goaltender: Both Halak & Elliot have been extremely inconsistent this season. Is anyone afraid of meeting Jake Allen in the first round? It doesn't matter who they go with in net, Canucks have a definite advantage.

Canucks D > St. Louis D - Both teams have structured their defensive core in a pretty similar way, and both teams have lots of depth. That being said, in a seven game series, I would still take the playoff experience of the Canucks D-core. It's pretty close though.

Canucks forwards > Blues forwards - The Canucks have five forwards with 10 or more goals this season, the Blues have two. Sure the Blues have guys like Backes and Stewart that are built for the post season, but they also have a bunch of soft forwards (Oshie, Perron, McDonald, Berglund, Tarasenko) that the Canucks could grind down over a 7 game series.

I'd prefer to see the Canucks draw the Wild or Sharks in the first round, but I definitely don't think the Canucks should fear a first round matchup with the Blues.

What???

I mean, most of those guys aren't exactly 'soft'. But did you honestly just call Oshie a 'soft' player? :amazed:

Tanevian*

And no one will notice you because we all will. This site will be abandoned while we all are lying in gutters from partying too much.

But the youtube on the interweb will chronicle my stupid and be there for sober me to view. If I ever actually sober up.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
Nothing completes a night more for me than the tears of Alberta teams. Gunna read the Edmonton and Calgary sections with my cereal in the morning.

tumblr_m9fwr5g3ld1rpnk74.gif

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Playing the Flames is just excruciatingly boring. Fans don't give a ****, and neither does the team (I think they were falling asleep out there, too). They decided to show up for 5 minutes and won. Nothing to take from this game (or any games against the Flames). I want to see how we fare against a real team. I really, really wish we could get that #2 spot. The team plays great at home, but it's a long shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad