Low Effort GDT Game 4 | Why has God forsaken us! - Sens vs Devils - 7PM EST on TSN

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
who’s making argument in bad faith now? You saw that Monday game. In no universe should kings have scored 7. If they could have pulled their goalie AGAIN they would have. We gave the kings nothing. All their shots went in.

How little shots do you think we should be holding the opposition to exactly?

It's not just that game though. They were better tonight defensively but overall it hasn't been great.

The point is this team still needs to prove to us fans that they've got it in them to not shit the bed by US thanksgiving, and I haven't seen much yet for me to think this year will be different.

Doesn't mean I think it's a wasted year after four games, but there's more than enough reason for concern. To say otherwise is ignoring this core's entire history.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
We won't be in any mix for long with this mediocre play, and I haven't seen them play a full good game yet at both ends of the ice. There's also very little depth should we run into injuries.

But hey, keep the blind faith.
Jeez man relax. It's not "blind faith" to think this team isn't out of it after going 2-2 in their first 4 games lol. There's still a lot to like about their games, and this is a young team where most of the players have only had 1 coach (2 if you include Martin) so far in the NHL. They're learning new things, new styles of play, it's a process, have some patience.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
They are a wildcard contender. As are we. Wildcard teams are mediocre. The definition of average. 14-16th place in a 32 team league.

But based on this, as I expected, it’s your own expectations for this roster that are out of whack.

So my advice would be tune out, because otherwise you’ll spend the next 5 months yelling on the internet when we.

they play better hockey than us.

my expectations for this roster were that we finally start playing more of an nhl game.

so far naw.

also usually doesn't take 5 months these guys usually leave us nothing to care about after month 1.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
I said .500 with -2
Not .573 nor .555

Also you know what the word rarely means hey?

lol, it happens every year. Wildcard teams are average. We are average.

Not great, not terrible, but average. That’s how we played tonight.

For us, the difference between 90 and 94 points will be a few bounces or saves. We’ll play a lot of games like tonight where we win 3-1 instead of lose. Then we’ll play some where the result is like it was.

But it seems like some people thought we’d be the Dallas Stars all of a sudden?

Hilarious.

The start of the season, so far, has been fine.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex1234

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
When you haven’t sniffed the playoffs for 7 years every loss is panic time lol

We gotta stop the bleeding and make sure our L’s don’t turn into bad streaks like Ullmark said.

We’ll see if it’s different this season.

You also need to start the seasons off strong.

If I remember correctly, we often had much better first 10 during our long playoff streak.

I don't think we ever had many .500 or lower.

Reactions: OttawaSenators11

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It's not just that game though. They were better tonight defensively but overall it hasn't been great.

The point is this team still needs to prove to us fans that they've got it in them to not shit the bed by US thanksgiving, and I haven't seen much yet for me to think this year will be different.

Doesn't mean I think it's a wasted year after four games, but there's more than enough reason for concern. To say otherwise is ignoring this core's entire history.
But what is concern. Concern for what. That we will be out of it again by November? I think that’s overblown.

Concern that we’re not a lock for the playoffs? Okay that’s fair.

Overall its defense has been decent. We were top 10 in the nhl expected goals against after 3 games. I’m not sure we dipped very far below that after tonight.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Jeez man relax. It's not "blind faith" to think this team isn't out of it after going 2-2 in their first 4 games lol. There's still a lot to like about their games, and this is a young team where most of the players have only had 1 coach (2 if you include Martin) so far in the NHL. They're learning new things, new styles of play, it's a process, have some patience.

We've been saying these exact same things for the last three years lol.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Poor reporters.

Green is gonna be especially short under questioning tonight.

Really hope he's questioning their 60 min efforts and drive to play their individual games instead of whatever we're doing out there

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
The better team barely scored one goal. Not buying it.

We didn't see any real fight once they went down 0-2.
I don’t know if we were the better team all night. But so many of you think New Jersey is the real deal… so why would we ever be the better team against them?

At 2-0 New Jersey had two massive breakdowns. We hit the post on a 2 on 1. And markstrom robbed kleven. Then we hit an additional post in the third. At 3-0 yeah New Jersey suffocated us. That’s the game. That’s why it’s hard to come back.

If we score those. New Jersey fans are talking about “why are we having defensive breakdowns when we’re up 2-0?? Where’s the defensive play”. But I bet no one will remember them.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
they play better hockey than us.

my expectations for this roster were that we finally start playing more of an nhl game.

so far naw.

also usually doesn't take 5 months these guys usually leave us nothing to care about after month 1.

Here’s the thing… they really don’t. They have 20 minutes period where things click, and 20 minute periods where they look lost.

Just like us. Go to any Isles or Pens GDT. There are plenty of yous and plenty of mes.

So like I said, we’re a wildcard contender. Not a lock, but a contender. And that’s exactly how we’ve played.

Nothing that’s happened in these 4 games has altered my expectations or perception of this team.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
But what is concern. Concern for what. That we will be out of it again by November? I think that’s overblown.

Concern that we’re not a lock for the playoffs? Okay that’s fair.

Overall its defense has been decent. We were top 10 in the nhl expected goals against after 3 games. I’m not sure we dipped very far below that after tonight.

I really don't see how we can't be concerned about being out of it a few months in with the way they've played so far. I haven't seen one full 60 minute effort, especially from the top guys. The only true highlights so far have been Sanderson, Ullmark and a few depth guys.

I'm not giving up, I'm just not convinced they've turned a corner yet. We shall see.

Senovision

May 23, 2011
They didn't out right lose those games. They tied them and then lost in overtime and got a single point.
You are right though we will need loser points this year like those teams got to make the playoffs.
I think we will end up with around 88 points. We are still needing some key pieces.....one of them being one of the most important pieces an excellent backup goalie.
And I agree we are nowhere near an upper echelon team, not even close.
The upper echelon teams will have well over 100 points.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
They didn't out right lose those games. They tied them and then lost in overtime and got a single point.
You are right though we will need loser points this year like those teams got to make the playoffs.
I think we will end up with around 88 points. We are still needing some key pieces.....one of them being one of the most important pieces an excellent backup goalie.
And I agree we are nowhere near an upper echelon team, not even close.
The upper echelon teams will have well over 100 points.

They did what we’ve already done against the Kings or Panthers. Got the extra bounce or the extra save.

Tonight we didn’t, and we lost.

The only real clunker we’ve had is against Montreal.

1/4 is no reason to panic.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I really don't see how we can't be concerned about being out of it a few months in with the way they've played so far. I haven't seen one full 60 minute effort, especially from the top guys. The only true highlights so far have been Sanderson, Ullmark and a few depth guys.

I'm not giving up, I'm just not convinced they've turned a corner yet. We shall see.
We shall see is the truth.

But they’ve played strong defensively to start the year.

Correction. They’ve played strong defensively relative to other NHL hockey teams. So far small sample size but that’s How it is.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
We've been saying they have a new coach and are learning a new system for the past three years?

I really don't know what your expectations are for this team but they seem a tad unrealistic.

I don't even have high expectations. I'm just saying it seems like they're playing the same type of hockey that got them in the gutter by December for 5 years with a slight improvement on defense 5v5. their PK sucks ass and they've generated no offense outside of that one crazy game vs LA.

The talent's there. Not the effort.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad