San Jose
We have another game tomorrow guys
1729221433322.png

drunksage

Sphere = underrated?
Jan 13, 2007
30-ish min from Sphere
SNOG announcement

Hey, we've got two SNOGs in a row... by one person!

The streak continues without our #1C

SNOG 4-2 Hawk Tuahs

Hall
, Foligno, Bertuzzi, Teravainen

Kunin, Wennberg

Congrats @weastern bias on your 2nd SNOG of the season!

SNOG 2015-03-12.jpg

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 10 vs BluesnoneBlues 5-4 OT
2Oct. 12 vs DucksnoneDucks 2-0
3Oct. 15 at Starsweastern biasStars 3-2 SO
4Oct. 17 at Blackhawksweastern biasBlackhawks 4-2

Rank
2024-25 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.weastern bias2

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Eklund and Granlund played well together. Should maybe consider putting Smith on that line for a time. I thought Smith had his first good game of the year even with no points to show for it. I hope they finally put Gushchin in for Kostin or Grundstrom. They need more offensive punch.
could definitely see givani and gushchin cycle in for those two. also think thompson has to be coming in for thrun or benning next game.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
SNOG announcement

Hey, we've got two SNOGs in a row... by one person!

Congrats @weastern bias on your 2nd SNOG of the season!

View attachment 918103

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 10 vs BluesnoneBlues 5-4 OT
2Oct. 12 vs DucksnoneDucks 2-0
3Oct. 15 at Starsweastern biasStars 3-2 SO
4Oct. 17 at Blackhawksweastern biasBlackhawks 4-2

Rank
2024-25 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
1.weastern bias2
Well first of all I'd like to thank the Academy. . .

*soft, dadly chuckle*

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
People thought this team would be competing for a playoff spot

Lol, lmao even
Nobody paying attention thought this team would compete for a playoff spot. I think even the most optimistic, observant person probably figured "not in the basement" was the highest possible upside for the Sharks as they are. Anyone that thought the Sharks could contend for a playoff spot was a) high, b) delirious, c) not paying attention, d) a time traveler from a decade ago, or e) some combination of a through d.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I've seen only a handful people saying that, and they are not even on HFBoards.
Without Celebrini it's easier to lose games, I think when he comes back we are going to be even closer in the games. Not a playoff team, but a respectable one.
There were definitely posters on this board saying it

Now, I'm not trying to shame anyone, but LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID! BAD DOG!

Nobody paying attention thought this team would compete for a playoff spot. I think even the most optimistic, observant person probably figured "not in the basement" was the highest possible upside for the Sharks as they are. Anyone that thought the Sharks could contend for a playoff spot was a) high, b) delirious, c) not paying attention, d) a time traveler from a decade ago, or e) some combination of a through d.
I can agree with this if we change "Nobody paying attention" to "nobody who understood the team's trajectory"

I was posting links to problem gambling hotlines after free agency, some people really got over their skis on this team

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Maybe I'm an idiot. I didn't think that the Sharks making the playoffs was probable, or even plausible...but certainly it was possible! Less than a 10% chance, but you could see the pathway:

1) Sharks get top-10 goaltending, with Vanecek a great bounce-back candidate
2) Celebrini and Smith come out with a bang
3) Thrun/Mukhamadullin make big strides in their game
4) Some of the numerous reclamation projects on the Sharks are golden

It's basically what happened in 2003-2004.

TheBigDrunkPanda

Oct 19, 2021

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Kostin scratched for Givani Smith.
No other changes except moving Kunin up to 2nd line wing.

Oh and Blackwood starts.
I do not care for your sarcasm. No Gush and giving Kunin credit? I will not have it. lol

I do think though it's fine to let Givani get a game in. I'd want them to put Thompson in for any of the guys on the right side at least for a game.

• Haha
Reactions: Anomie2029

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad