GDT: Game 4: Sharks @ Blackhawks 5:30pm NBCSCA

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
Are they though? I mean we may be with Celebrini in the lineup, but what's out there now isn't really much better, especially offensively.
Considering they've been competitive in 3 of the first 4 games vwersus getting mauled last year. Yes, they are better. As I said better is relative as they were one of the worst non-expansion teams in history..

They are still going to have some bad games this year. They look somehwat lost on offense without Celebrini.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Considering they've been competative in 3 of the first 4 games vwersus getting mauled last year. Yes, they are better. As I said better is relative as they were one of the worst non-expansion teams in history..

They are still going to have some bad games this year. They look somehwat lost on offense without Celebrini.
They were competitive in the first game with Celebrini. They had no offense against the third worst team in the league. Had a decent (but not great) performance against Dallas (which reminded me of the Colorado game last year we lost 2-1) and now we're being absolutely picked-apart by the SECOND worst team in the league, who's only good game came against Edmonton, who's inexplicably horrible again to start the year.

This is exactly like last year except we're not starting out against the four division winners like we did.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
1) Kunin again shows that while he has good reads and can position himself well, he just can't execute. Good toolbox, rusty tools.
2) Something that'll be a consistent theme throughout the year: if Walman is having a bad game, the Sharks will lose. There's just no depth behind him.
3) I've been very happy with Goodrow over these four games. He has that kind of tenacity and puck-pursuing quality that I really like. I haven't seen that from any of the other bottom-6 forwards.

Reactions: Sandisfan

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
They were competitive in the first game with Celebrini. They had no offense against the third worst team in the league. Had a decent (but not great) performance against Dallas (which reminded me of the Colorado game last year we lost 2-1) and now we're being absolutely picked-apart by the SECOND worst team in the league, who's only good game came against Edmonton, who's inexplicably horrible again to start the year.

This is exactly like last year except we're not starting out against the four division winners like we did.
The Sharks didn't score 4 in a game until their 17th game last year. I'm not sure why people think that this team was going to be much better when most of the good stuff Grier did was related to the Sharks draft picks of which only one iis ready to be a major contributor in the NHL (Celebrini).

Outside of Celebrini most of the additions to the team were meh and the Sharks did very little to imrpove team in the immediate term.

Adding Ty Dellandra (4th liner), Barclay Goodrow (4th liner), Carl Grundstrom (4th liner), Alexander Wennberg (4th Liner), Tyler Toffoli (2nd liner), Cody Ceci (3rd pair dman), Jack Thompson (7th/8th defenseman), Jake Walman (3rd pair dman) all of these are low end pieces with the exception of Toffoli.

Toffoli still needs service to score goals.

The reality is that the Sharks are still still far short when it comes to top end talent.

Reactions: Star Platinum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad