GDT: Game 4: Sharks @ Blackhawks 5:30pm NBCSCA

Tw1ster

Mar 12, 2008
West Coast
Thought the guys would come out a bit more inspired against a lower tier team like the Blackhawks. Pretty disappointed so far

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'm starting to think hiring Warsofsky over Sturm wasn't a very good idea.
I know it's really early, but I'm feeling the same way. I don't know if he's trying to do his own thing or just mimic everything Quinn was doing.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
I know it's really early, but I'm feeling the same way. I don't know if he's trying to do his own thing or just mimic everything Quinn was doing.

I'm seeing the same mistakes Quinn made with regards to game preparation and cohesion between the players. It's almost like everyone's just winging it out there. He's getting spanked tactically by just about every team so far.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I was really hoping we would see more of Goose considering his preseason. This feels like an example of just cancelling the entire preseason because fighting for a roster spot in preseason feels like Fools gold. Ok, you made it to the big squad. Enjoy the pressbox because all that effort you put in doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I'm seeing the same mistakes Quinn made with regards to game preparation and cohesion between the players. It's almost like everyone's just winging it out there. He's getting spanked tactically by just about every team so far.
That's my problem as well. Like he wants to... try and win games but also teach some tough love to the rookies, but he's not committed to any template going forward so he's just making decisions on the fly.

PattyLafontaine

Apr 5, 2006
I'm starting to think hiring Warsofsky over Sturm wasn't a very good idea.
Too early to tell. I think people were way too quick to think that this team would be much better than last year. Sure the team got a few new players but the D still is nowhere near what it needs to be and the best player on the team is still injured.

The Sharks are going to be bad for at least a few more years and Celebrini as good as he is can't carry the team by himself.

The team is better than last year, but that's not saying a lot as last year's team was one of the worst non-expansion NHL teams in the last 30 years.

Reactions: PeePeeMcGee

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I haven't watched much live to say how good of a job War is doing - but Scotty Bowman wouldn't have this team anywhere near the playoffs either

Anomie2029

Oct 10, 2013
Melbourne, Australia
It’s really too bad Goose’s leash was 10 minutes on the fourth line. Pretty f***ing shit message by the organization
What's wild is he wasn't poor in those 10 minutes - he was arguably the best player on that 4th line. He took a penalty in the third and that's it.

Meanwhile we have to watch players playing "the right way" stink it up on the ice taking penalties, not generating anything with the puck, and not being able to defend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad