GDT: GAME 4: San Jose @ Nashville 5PM Pacific

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
As bad as it's been for the Sharks, if Jones makes a save, this game is probally heading to OT right now. The turnovers were bad but that 3rd and 4th goal were both weak. I was going to not blame him for the 3rd goal until I saw where it beat him. Right between the arms.

Reactions: Frosty415 and Coily

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I wouldn't say he's been invisible. He's still physical and protects the puck well. The problem is that he's been playing with scrubs who don't demand defenses' attention, so 3 guys collapse on him whenever he has the puck. If he could get that down to two, he'd be scoring again
He's been pretty invisible. No great passes. Not much scoring chances. Also good 1C would score regardless of his linemates. He is now 0+0 and -5 through first 4 games which is biggest disappointment of our roster by far. EK65 and Timo comes good seconds. Timo with 0+0 and -3. It is not only our rookies and depth players but also our key players has failed. And I think coaching change would improve that but it is also on players to be better. And Labanc on our top 6 players has been awful. But with his contract blame cannot be given to him as much as our top guys.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
I think that was a big concern for some of us going into the season. But people expected too much from a defensively question forward whose best season was 50 points in a sheltered role. Does not excuse the poor play of his partners but he has looked horrendous.

Maybe we can lock him up to a long cheap contract though once we go 0-82

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I think this is the most detached I've ever been watching Sharks hockey. It's more like watching Troll 2, where it's bad, but fun to watch just because of how bad it is.
I feel you
Ottawa fan here:laugh:
SJS have so much talent
They will turn it around and enter PO at full speed, wich is what’s important

Reactions: Phu

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I really think Vlasic needs to be scratched for a game. He has been terrible.
I was hoping we could rest Jumbo and not having him play so many games. But that is unlikely with our F situation.
Start Dell. Team has played better behind him and he has looked better than Jones.

If I was on the outside looking in, I would be thinking DW has to be on the hot seat. He overplayed his hand by betting on the kids, kept PDB as coach and we don't have our 1st round pick in 2020.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I swear he looked decent from what I saw
Yeah. I mean he was not awful and probably there was no players deserving more ice time than that and that is the sad thing that 4th liner plays 18 minutes and deserves it because other guys sucks so much that there is no other option.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

Was a little delayed catching up on DVR'd game and GDT after work, but I'm here now. And we have another SNOG!

5-2 preds

Duchenne, josi, Arvidssonx2, some jerk,

Hertl, kane

Congrats seroes on your 1st SNOG of the year and 2nd career SNOG!

SNOG 2019-10-08 seroes.jpg

(just to clarify, I use this template if I have to make a new one for a username and it's a correct prediction in a Sharks loss, but it's an interesting coincidence with today's news)

#Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 2 at Golden KnightsnoneVGK 4-1
2Oct. 4 vs Golden KnightsnoneVGK 5-1
3Oct. 5 at Ducksthemelkman, LeeIFBBDucks 3-1
4Oct. 8 at PredatorsseroesPredators 5-2
[THEAD] [/THEAD]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank
2019-20 SNOG standings
# of SNOGs
T-1.LeeIFBB, seroes, themelkman1
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I really think Vlasic needs to be scratched for a game. He has been terrible.
I was hoping we could rest Jumbo and not having him play so many games. But that is unlikely with our F situation.
Start Dell. Team has played better behind him and he has looked better than Jones.

If I was on the outside looking in, I would be thinking DW has to be on the hot seat. He overplayed his hand by betting on the kids, kept PDB as coach and we don't have our 1st round pick in 2020.
DW shouldn't be on the hot seat. Keeping PDB after playoffs was justified and firing coach who took his team to second best season ever with such injuries we had would've looked bad from outside perspective. Also betting on kids was probably out of necessity. We didn't have cap space to have another top 6 forward. And now he is already trying to at least do something with Marleau contract. There was a lot of people who thought that some of the kids (CH-twins probs) would take a chance and go for it.

But now we have seen after preseason and through first 4 games that we should move on from PDB he should make a move. And if he does it after season then I think pressure to get success in 2021 season could make him be on hot seat on 2021 summer if we would miss the playoffs in 2021. But for now his job should be quite safe.

Reactions: Sandisfan

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Here's a randomly generated set of lines:

kane -- couture -- thornton
hertl -- goodrow -- radil
karlsson -- yurtaikin -- labanc
brodzinski -- marleau -- bermann

Not sure what this accomplishes, but at least these lines might not go 0-4

Reactions: Phu

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
I actually thought they looked MUCH better. Goodrow looked surprisingly good on the Hertl line and that line generally seemed to dominate a lot of shifts. They feel like they’re holding on to the puck to make the perfect play but at least it’s a step in the right direction, it’s all we can hope for for now.

Reactions: Phu and Alaskanice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad