GDT: Game 4: Red Wings vs rags 7:30 pm et 10/17/24

wingsfannn919191

Oct 3, 2024
Yeah well I don’t trust Steve anymore when it comes to contracts so to me every penny counts. I’m being a bit facetious, outside of Raymond seider is my favorite player on the team. Like I said, he’s the least of our worries.
Ya he should hire someone to slap his hand from july 1st to July 7th everytime he tries to pick up a phone and smash it if need be

Outside of a few signings hes been brutal, even some trades we're nonsensical as well. I'm holding out hope still cause we still have kasper danielson pelikka cossa nygard as 1st rounders and a few upside guys

If they bust for the most part its then game over for yzerman. He needs to stop delaying the youth movement and get rid of copp compher Rasmussen maata holl and countless deadweight he added

I think soon we should have a FIRE…sale
You mean right now

JoesuffP

Feb 3, 2016
The hierarchy of vets on this team is way off. This team should be catered to Raymond, Seider and Larkin success instead we have to shelter certain guys because why? What kind of message is that. We’re a defense first team for everyone except these handpicked few. Kane is Sprong and always has been but the wings roll out the red carpet for him like he’s a top 10 player it’s got to be strange having that dynamic on your team. Then they sign his buddy Gus who’s a train wreck and blocking your most important players development. I understand earning PP time as a young player but when kind of backwards message is that to just roll out that treatment to some guy off FA that hasn’t been an effective hockey player in 4 years

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
It can be hard to tell, because the team as a whole is playing so bad, but I feel Mo these first four games has been playing great. Maybe the best has ever looked.

To bad the rest of the blue line is bad to straight up trash. Gustafsson right now is worse that 22-23 Chiarot, who was one of the worst players in all of hockey that year. Gus is worse because unlike Ben, he is f***ing up the PP as well.

Kane has to start racking up points, if he isn't consistent point producer, then he is too much of a negative in every other aspect of the game.

Fire Lalonde, this team is showing they want him gone.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
It can be hard to tell, because the team as a whole is playing so bad, but I feel Mo these first four games has been playing great. Maybe the best has ever looked.

To bad the rest of the blue line is bad to straight up trash. Gustafsson right now is worse that 22-23 Chiarot, who was one of the worst players in all of hockey that year. Gus is worse because unlike Ben, he is f***ing up the PP as well.

Kane has to start racking up points, if he isn't consistent point producer, then he is too much of a negative in every other aspect of the game.

Fire Lalonde, this team is showing they want him gone.
Gus sucks who would have predicted. Let’s add him to the bin of awful vet contracts yzerman has signed it’s starting to get filled to the brim.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Kane had 47 points in 50 games and this season is on a one year deal. I can't really complain about signing him. He's some of the only high end talent on the team.

Tarasenko is only 32 years old.
Tarasenko was worthless offensively in the playoffs last year. Not sure how much offense he has left. I guess we'll find out as the season continues.

Kane has skills but floats too much. He needs guys on his line who will win puck battles for him.

Obviously both of these guys are key going forward. There's little enough talent as it is in the top 6.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Priority gas.png

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Austrianwing

Apr 29, 2021
I'm feeling the same thing tonight I was at certain points last season. I get the idea of giving prospects time to figure their stuff out, but when the filler vets are accomplishing absolutely nothing, couldn't we let the kids take a crack at it? Maybe the approach is a little TOO conservative? Would this game have gone worse with AlJo instead of Gus? Would it have gone worse with Kasper in the lineup? Aren't we going to hit a point where we are going to have to introduce 3-4 rookies at one time if we keep putting it off?

cjm502

Holy Jumpin!
Jun 22, 2010
Mid Michigan
Even with Bert being inconsistent since his departure and on the verge of needing 20-25 vertebrae fused, I really miss him. Maybe Kasper can help fill that void in my heart.

Speaking of voids in my heart, I haven't been quite the same since Lidstrom retired. The way our D is playing, even 18-19 Kronwall tripping over the blue line every shift would be an amazing addition. At least Bert and Kronwall showed up to play every night, this team needs a little fire.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
This team is mentally weak. They are really not this bad, despite the roster changes done for better or worse this offseason. Something has ripped through the room and is rotting the team from the inside like a plague

Few imminent changes that need to be made that will drive immediate results:

• Most likely a head coach change. This just seems like more of the same deflating play that ate away at us last year down the stretch

• Call up Marco Kasper. He will spark this team immediately

• If we have all these defensemen, find out what works and stick with it. Putting Johansson in the press box when he's done nothing in the small sample size yet to suggest he should be sitting there is ridiculous to me

Gustafsson has shown he is losing ground on being a serviceable NHLer, and I'm not sure what our pro scouting was seeing in him to offer him a 2 year deal. I had hope he could offer something useful in lieu of Ghost's absence, so he needs to find that immediately

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
You barely notice him on the ice... Never watched him much before, is this his usual game?
I keep saying he is not a top 6 forward anymore and is a lateral move from Perron but people here don’t like to hear literally anything negative.

This team is once again full of shit veterans instead of infusing with kids who play hungry and have potential.

It’s frustrating because the better option is right there.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Gin hits me harder than any other spirit as well.
I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. Though I will say if I've had a few gin and tonics one night, the next morning I feel like it's coming out my pores, more than any other alcohol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad