PGT: Game 4: Finland 1 - Sweden 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

behemolari

worst collapse in nhl history
Dec 1, 2011
Very disappointed for team effort especially their immature mentality. I've never thought Ahokas is competent main coach, still don't.

Lot of guys trying to solo it, Sweden was a real team and deserved win.

Reactions: CLW

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
Finland has a lot of potential. I think it will only get better.

Sweden, not so sure. This might be the best they can do. Should be happy with their game today. No flame, of course

EK47

Jukka Jalonen should be in all the hall of fames.
Feb 7, 2013
Sadly Ginning isn’t looking much better than the Hfboard-crowd predicted. Sandin is a rover looks dangerous everytime he touches the puck. Elvenes is easily the most creative swedish forward.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
2nd line from Finland was pretty much the only one who showed up. Not going to blame it on GK.

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Anyhow the better team lost today... Finland was overall better than Sweden this game. But hey ill take this 3points!

aphyro

För evigt trogen AIK
May 16, 2013
Sundsvall
Finland waited until the last 5 minutes to be the better team. Let's be real.

Lets be real Finland was the better team 5v5 Sweden scored two goals in power play and in which 1 of this 2 goals were scored on 5v3 where it shouldent even have been a penalty to begin with.

timmeh

Nov 8, 2009
Lets be real Finland was the better team 5v5 Sweden scored two goals in power play and in which 1 of this 2 goals were scored on 5v3 where it shouldent even have been a penalty to begin with.

Why shouldn’t it have been a penalty? It was according to the rules, like it or not

CLW

Nov 11, 2018

The reason Sweden has such a great record is that they play a superb team game. The Swedish coaches game plan was to neutralize the Finnish team's strength, the Finnish forwards, by putting pressure on the Finnish dmen when they had the puck and tie up the Finnish forwards in the neutral zone. Ahokas never had another idea how to get the Finnish game going even after this game plan was obvious. It's no coincidence Sweden's best player, a dman, scored two goals.

The Swedish coaches were relaxed and smiling throughout the game. They knew exactly how Finland wanted to play while Ahokas was clueless.

Sweden absolutely schooled Finland in this game, and I say that as a Finn. Finland has started to produce talent again but they are way behind Sweden's tactical understanding.

MarVell

Jan 10, 2014
thats the sad part, because of that they were thinking he knows the job. he is out coached 99% times
It seems to me that it’s often blamed on the coaching if Finnish teams/players don’t perform as desired. Are there ANY good coaches in the country?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Neither team was good 5 on 5 but Sweden was still controlling possession for a majority of the game. You wanna keep the rose colored glasses on and ignore that the Finns need to be much better going forward, be my guest, but you're not correct. I have no dog in this race as an American, and Sweden was better for a majority of the game. Until that late Finland powerplay

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad