Post-Game Talk: Game #4 CAPITALS @ penguins, 7PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
This game was reminiscent of game 1 where they choked it away in 5 minutes. If they take that same view and adjust/rally like that did after that loss they’ll be fine. If they slip into woe-is-us mode, they’re doomed. I don’t think Backs’ outburst necessarily means anything. He was pissed because they had Pitt right where they wanted them, and he was right that the league screwed them. They only question is what are they gonna do about it now?

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
If something is true, it's never wrong to report it. If this particular thing isn't true, Wyshynski should obviously be fired.

That is an absurd statement IMO. Just because you can do something does not mean you should. People not understanding that is one of the biggest problems in our society today.

Reactions: g00n

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Oshie was a f***ing maniac. Someone needs to close up slow gif that hit for me pls. Punching your opponent laying helpless after the final nail in the coffin ENG is scored, is old school. Far better than a Corsigasm. That was so Dale. Folks blame him for the PPG but f*** that they are going to call stuff on us anyways, and we should have killed it . His PPG was THE perfect shot I'd swear Murray never moved until it was in the net. But.

He should be behind bars

hqdefault.jpg

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Oshie was a ****ing maniac. Someone needs to close up slow gif that hit for me pls. Punching your opponent laying helpless after the final nail in the coffin ENG is scored, is old school. Far better than a Corsigasm. That was so Dale. Folks blame him for the PPG but **** that they are going to call stuff on us anyways, and we should have killed it . His PPG was THE perfect shot I'd swear Murray never moved until it was in the net. But.

He should be behind bars

The refs are not going to 'call stuff on us anyways'. Oshie's penalty was dumb as hell and put the team in a terrible spot which cost them.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The refs are not going to 'call stuff on us anyways'. Oshie's penalty was dumb as hell and put the team in a terrible spot which cost them.

Oh good someone took the bait.

Yes, the refs will some nights. They set out before the game and decide how they will manage it. After the Willy unpleasantness, we knew they'd be fishing for calls. That Carlson hook 110 into the game was dumb and unnecessary. Didn't he know they'd be looking to call anything on us? You don't care, because we killed it. What if the pens scored on that Stephenson useless slash? Hey kid get your monies worth next time. Scapegoat candidate - nah.

Fact is we only remember bad plays that result in a goal later on. 90% of the mistakes turnovers penalties are saved by the goalie and purged from our memory banks. What about the countless other more subtle bad plays guys had that were bailed out by a teammate? Yep all forgotten.

We only had 3 shots in the third. I see lots of reasons that we lost including coaching. It's a team game at least Oshie tried to rally the team, scored, and left a missile mark on Letang, who will be looking over his shoulder next game. Oshie is awesome.

Why not be mad that we tried a circus stunt playing with 7 men at THE most critical time of the game?

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Oshie won a different game on Thursday. The department of penguin safety will not intimidate the caps to fold to “clutch and grab” hockey. Rather “punch and shove” will won the day!

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Oh good someone took the bait.

Yes, the refs will some nights. They set out before the game and decide how they will manage it. After the Willy unpleasantness, we knew they'd be fishing for calls. That Carlson hook 110 into the game was dumb and unnecessary. Didn't he know they'd be looking to call anything on us? You don't care, because we killed it. What if the pens scored on that Stephenson useless slash? Hey kid get your monies worth next time. Scapegoat candidate - nah.

Fact is we only remember bad plays that result in a goal later on. 90% of the mistakes turnovers penalties are saved by the goalie and purged from our memory banks. What about the countless other more subtle bad plays guys had that were bailed out by a teammate? Yep all forgotten.

We only had 3 shots in the third. I see lots of reasons that we lost including coaching. It's a team game at least Oshie tried to rally the team, scored, and left a missile mark on Letang, who will be looking over his shoulder next game. Oshie is awesome.

Why not be mad that we tried a circus stunt playing with 7 men at THE most critical time of the game?

hqdefault.jpg

‘The refs will screw us anyways’ is loser talk. The way people expect Caps fans to talk.

I don’t think much of Oshie honestly, not for as much as we’re paying him. He’s been pretty quiet for being one of our best players. That’s going to be a brutal contract in a couple years. He came through with a goal last game but then took a brutal penalty(I mean did you see the replay of it?) which they scored on. The loss isn’t him fault but really unnecessary and useless penalty.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad